I am arriving in Calcutta in November and will be staying for 2 days before going on to the Sikkim Province and then Northern Bhutan for about two weeks. I will then be flying back into Calcutta for an overnight stay before returning home. I believe Sikkim and Northern Bhutan are low risk areas for malaria, but Calcutta is a medium risk area. Will I need to take anti-malarials when I am staying there (Calcutta) for such a short time? Very confused and would appreciate advice from seasoned travellers.
Thanks - any advice will be much appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 content of good faith floor
- 2 Passport
- 3 connotation. Neoclassic
- 4 7 days in Ho Chi Minh City
- 5 Nywoman single older woman goes to Japan
- 6 Santa Maria Travels and Inle Lake
- 7 Are knitting needles allowed on ANA?
- 8 Month in Cambodia and Laos - January 2017
- 9 Real Experiences and Travel Agency in Southeast Asia to choose
- 10 Visiting a Country in Mourning
- 11 Hotels in Puri
- 12 Many Questions for 1st Japan Trip
- 13 Siem reap to Sihanoukville flight
- 14 Amakusa island help
- 15 Weekend Breaks from Singapore
- 16 Questions re use of Japan Rail Pass and Kyoto itinerary
- 17 Tips for Others Planning to Visit Japan
- 18 Cheapest way to Vietnam, Cambodia or Thailand.
- 19 How would you spend your last few days in Thailand.
- 20 Japan Itinerary
- 21 Complete Asia Newbie - Phnom Penh Itinerary Ideas - Two Weeks
- 22 Toddler twin travel in India
- 23 Train vs Taxi from BKK to hotel
- 24 Chinese New Year in Hong Kong
- 25 India for Softies : A slow comfortable tour around some of Northern India
New Traveller Needs Advice About Anti-malarials in Calcutta