I am arriving in Calcutta in November and will be staying for 2 days before going on to the Sikkim Province and then Northern Bhutan for about two weeks. I will then be flying back into Calcutta for an overnight stay before returning home. I believe Sikkim and Northern Bhutan are low risk areas for malaria, but Calcutta is a medium risk area. Will I need to take anti-malarials when I am staying there (Calcutta) for such a short time? Very confused and would appreciate advice from seasoned travellers.
Thanks - any advice will be much appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 A beach of choice on Samui
- 2 Krabi--Ko Tao--Ko Samui
- 3 On the road again - to Incredible India.
- 4 3.5 Weeks in Japan (First-time) Itinerary Help
- 5 Seeking Help With My Sri Lanka And South India Itinerary: Rough Draft #1
- 6 Bangkok Taxis
- 7 Bali in Feb. for nature & unique cultural perspectives
- 8 Difference in staying at Dambulla or Habarana
- 9 3 weeks - first time SEA
- 10 Where to buy reading glasses and get a massage in Bangkok?
- 11 Heads up for US people trying to pay for Myanmar by cc from the US
- 12 A month in central Asia
- 13 Central Asia Four Week Itinerary
- 14 Something about... Malaysia
- 15 Day trip from Kuala Lumpur
- 16 Two Round Trip Tickets?
- 17 Osaka, aquarium?
- 18 Trip Report: First time in Thailand and Cambodia
- 19 favorite activities in krabi area
- 20 itinerary help for cambodia and laos
- 21 Cambodia arrival visa
- 22 Itinerary feedback please
- 23 relaxing 5-6 day vacation in sri lanka
- 24 24 day trip plan: early stages
- 25 Early planning for Kazakhstan and Mongolia
New Traveller Needs Advice About Anti-malarials in Calcutta