I am arriving in Calcutta in November and will be staying for 2 days before going on to the Sikkim Province and then Northern Bhutan for about two weeks. I will then be flying back into Calcutta for an overnight stay before returning home. I believe Sikkim and Northern Bhutan are low risk areas for malaria, but Calcutta is a medium risk area. Will I need to take anti-malarials when I am staying there (Calcutta) for such a short time? Very confused and would appreciate advice from seasoned travellers.
Thanks - any advice will be much appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Hong Kong and Angkor Wat
- 2 A Netflix series for those who enjoy Tokyo
- 3 Advice needed from Japan train pros
- 4 GETTING A CHINESE VISA--PERFECTION REQUIRED
- 5 HK to Beijing for 3 weeks- mid March to early April- itinerary help please!
- 6 Cherry Blossom season Mount Fuji area
- 7 Tokyo - Kamakura - Yokohama
- 8 Japan GTG, early April
- 9 Beijing tours
- 10 Tour Agency Recommendation
- 11 Goodbye, Carol Simpson
- 12 Googling to going...to Gujarat!
- 13 Honest opinion needed about Thailand
- 14 Takayama trail, Japan
- 15 Hotels near Takefu Train Station
- 16 1 day itinerary in Busan
- 17 Trip report : Annapurna Circuit October 2016
- 18 Japan - Will We Get Lost?
- 19 On the road again - to Incredible India.
- 20 Cambodia to Vietnam e-visa image format
- 21 Nakasendo Walk: Some help please
- 22 Visa for India
- 23 Best place to buy real cheap designer bags ?
- 24 Hútòng Walking
- 25 Asia Forum Fans: Craig and Jeane Visit Ecuador and the Galapagos
New Traveller Needs Advice About Anti-malarials in Calcutta