I am arriving in Calcutta in November and will be staying for 2 days before going on to the Sikkim Province and then Northern Bhutan for about two weeks. I will then be flying back into Calcutta for an overnight stay before returning home. I believe Sikkim and Northern Bhutan are low risk areas for malaria, but Calcutta is a medium risk area. Will I need to take anti-malarials when I am staying there (Calcutta) for such a short time? Very confused and would appreciate advice from seasoned travellers.
Thanks - any advice will be much appreciated.
New Traveller Needs Advice About Anti-malarials in Calcutta
- 1 Suggestions for Asian visit Feb. 2014, incl. Singapore
- 2 9 PM arrival in Narita
- 3 where is best place to exchange left over Chinese RMB's for US dollars
- 4 Photography Trip to Vietnam
- 5 Beijing To Tibet, Mt. Everest And Nepal All In 10 Days
- 6 Which flight from BKK to Chiang Mai should I take?
- 7 Kanchanaburi - Toi's Tours
- 8 Thailand-Japan-China (is it a bad idea?)
- 9 Trip plans to SE Asia for 2014 coming together! Int'l flights purchased!
- 10 11 days in Japan, JR pass question
- 11 Nepal, Tibet, and Bhutan tour suggestions
- 12 where to go in SE Asia
- 13 4 days with Orangutans Balikpapan + Camp Leakey
- 14 Elephant Visit in Chiang Mai
- 15 Proposed Sri Lanka Itinerary - any opinions welcome
- 16 Kuala Lumpur - Doubletree (Hilton) or Renaissance (Marriott)?
- 17 which hotel in Bangkok in July?
- 18 Uzbekistan: A Lesson in Silk Road Hospitality
- 19 Siem Reap from San Fran in winter 2013 FIRST TIME to Asia
- 20 trip report to tajmahal agra india
- 21 Hilton coming in Zhengzhou, China?
- 22 Dreamliner to Japan in Nov.?
- 23 Cambodia, Laos and a bit of Hong Kong - 5 1/2 weeks (Jan.24-March 4, 2013)
- 24 Sri Lanka
- 25 Suggestion for Bali