I am arriving in Calcutta in November and will be staying for 2 days before going on to the Sikkim Province and then Northern Bhutan for about two weeks. I will then be flying back into Calcutta for an overnight stay before returning home. I believe Sikkim and Northern Bhutan are low risk areas for malaria, but Calcutta is a medium risk area. Will I need to take anti-malarials when I am staying there (Calcutta) for such a short time? Very confused and would appreciate advice from seasoned travellers.
Thanks - any advice will be much appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Finding best Vietnam and Cambodia cruise in Mekong river for family
- 2 My Honeymoon Trip to Valparai
- 3 India Trip Report
- 4 Natural remedies for diabetes
- 5 A great trip in India
- 6 What is your favorite holiday spot?
- 7 Are you looking Packer and Mover for Relocation?
- 8 Bangkok hotel - River sides pros/cons
- 9 http://www.allmusclebuilding.com/rushforce-xt-reviews/
- 10 Honeymoon in Vietnam
- 11 7.5 days in India
- 12 http://www.usadrugguide.com/cognidepth-review/
- 13 Two Weeks in Cambodia and Burma~Returning to the Old and Seeing the New
- 14 http://maleenhancementshop.info/rush-force-xt/
- 15 Traveling with Diabetes type 2 in India
- 16 Any reputable Online Store of Phones from Hong Kong?
- 17 Japan Trip Suggestions - 14 day trip in April
- 18 Bangkok hotel - Feedback requested on specific hotels
- 19 Travelling to Malaysia with an invalid Australian Passport
- 20 Not Really A Trip Report Kind of Trip Report (Japan 2016)
- 21 Japan Itinerary Critique and Suggestions
- 22 Phuket
- 23 Which locations should I select for my Goa trip?
- 24 Japan: ATM Machines
- 25 In Spite of Old and Dilapidated, more Creators Were Attracted
New Traveller Needs Advice About Anti-malarials in Calcutta