I am arriving in Calcutta in November and will be staying for 2 days before going on to the Sikkim Province and then Northern Bhutan for about two weeks. I will then be flying back into Calcutta for an overnight stay before returning home. I believe Sikkim and Northern Bhutan are low risk areas for malaria, but Calcutta is a medium risk area. Will I need to take anti-malarials when I am staying there (Calcutta) for such a short time? Very confused and would appreciate advice from seasoned travellers.
Thanks - any advice will be much appreciated.
New Traveller Needs Advice About Anti-malarials in Calcutta
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 RHKKMKs---Just to be copy cats
- 2 Travel & leisure reports Burma as one of most dangerous countries to visit
- 3 Planning First Family Trip to Japan - Advice Needed!
- 4 beaches in Thailand
- 5 A little help with my Burma plan..
- 6 Trying To Decide Between These 2 Hotels In Singapore
- 7 Kyushu rail pass
- 8 Staying 3 nights in Jaisalmer, what attractions we should see
- 9 Ryoken recommendation pls either in Tokyo;Hiroshima;Kyoto?
- 10 6 full days in Yagoon
- 11 Juphal and dunai help needed
- 12 3 1/2 weeks in Japan. Do I need dinner reservations anywhere?
- 13 Feedback on Thailand/SE Asia initial itinerary w/ kids
- 14 My SEA trip : 2 months
- 15 Hong Kong Island Hotels - Far From Central
- 16 2 Weeks Thailand Honeymoon
- 17 Plans for Nepal/Bhutan continued: how does this sound??
- 18 A question concerning Sri Lanka's rainfall in Jan.
- 19 Tucan Travel Wonders of India and Nepal Review - Travelers, Beware!
- 20 Currency in South Korea
- 21 Tipping in Japan
- 22 Japan & Korea - A little of this, a little of that
- 23 Places to visit in India in October
- 24 Flying back and forth between Vietnam and Cambodia: where to start
- 25 Cambodge / Laos / Vietnam arts