I am arriving in Calcutta in November and will be staying for 2 days before going on to the Sikkim Province and then Northern Bhutan for about two weeks. I will then be flying back into Calcutta for an overnight stay before returning home. I believe Sikkim and Northern Bhutan are low risk areas for malaria, but Calcutta is a medium risk area. Will I need to take anti-malarials when I am staying there (Calcutta) for such a short time? Very confused and would appreciate advice from seasoned travellers.
Thanks - any advice will be much appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Thai Elephants
- 2 Anybody would like to visit AAA 2018 with me?
- 3 Wild China vs Travel Guide China (or the like)
- 4 Cancelling trip to Burma; seeking advice for outskirts of Bangkok
- 5 New Vietnam eVisa service
- 6 Myanmar in Five days - Advice please!
- 7 Luggage size China ?
- 8 Japan Itinerary!
- 9 Sri Lanka in August
- 10 Best location for snorkelling/ beach/ quiet resort/ great Thai food
- 11 Self-drive in Thailand?
- 12 India itinerary critique please
- 13 Japan/Korea/HK
- 14 Need Honeymoon Ideas - Southeast Asia
- 15 Vientiane and ??
- 16 12 days in Vietnam Jan/Feb
- 17 Is it safe to travel Hong Kong in Oct?
- 18 Bangkok in 3 days - Weekdays
- 19 JFK to BKK sale on Qatar
- 20 Impressions of India
- 21 Solo female traveller Mumbai, safe?
- 22 sri lanka two places, two hotels
- 23 7ish days in Myanmar, advice please (itinerary, ballooning, restaurants)
- 24 A Memorable Solo Month in Singapore, Java, and Bali
- 25 2 weeks in Vietnam
New Traveller Needs Advice About Anti-malarials in Calcutta