After doing more research we have decided to expand our trip to Sri Lanka. We are going to the Maldives afterwards so we are not going to the beach at all. I have read all the trip reports which have been very helpful. We want a combination of wildlife, scenery and some cultural sights. What I am not clear about is the distances as I have heard a number of different travel times between places. So here goes, we arrive at 1:30 pm and what to drive straight to Sinharaja. How long of a drive is it? We would like to stay at either Boulder Gardens or Rainforest Edge the first night. For the next two nights we want to stay at Martin 's Place. I know that it is basic but the location seems to make seeing the rainforest a lot easier. Next we want to go to Yala and stay instead the park with Leopard Safaris for three nights. How long is the drive from Sinharaja to Yala? The next thing we would like to do is go to Horton's Plains and the Hill country. Coming from Yala where is the best place to stay for the night so we can get up early and go to Horton Plains. We then want to continue up through the Hill Country and the on to Kandy. We would like to see a tea factory and the beautiful scenery but how much time is recommended and where is the best place to stay. We would love to stay at Tea Trails but I think they have a two night minimum. Also Kathie said she paid $450 a night. The website looked more like $700-$800 which is a little too much. We then probably would like one night in Kandy to see the Temple and more importantly the Botantical Gardens. Then on the the cultural Triangle for three nights. Any recommendations on where to stay that is well located to the major sights to visit in that area. As we will be somewhat roughing in at the beginning of the trip we really would like to stay in nice places in Kandy,Hill Country and Cultural Triangle. Any recommendations in the $300-$500 night price range. Our last night we need a place by the airport for the last night before our early morning flight to Male. I have been trying to work with different tour operators and it has been different. In Style and Boutique Sri Lanka are very good with the high end but are not as good with the wildlife part and would not even book Martin's Place. Red Dot has been mixed and I am a little concerned after all I have read. Has anyone used Jetwing or NatureTrek? Any advise would be greatly appreciated. We probably have a total of 13 nights, 3 Sinharaja,3 Yala, 3 Hill county and Kandy, 3 Cultural Triangle and last night at the airport.
New Itinerary-Thoughts and suggestions??
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Myanmar - A Visit to a Country in Transition
- 2 Please share the things you liked in Hanoi and Hoi An
- 3 Transport logistics: Kyoto, Hiroshima/Miyajima, Kyushu
- 4 One-day tours in Kathmandu and Lhasa
- 5 Alternatives to/within Krabi in April - due to weather and pregnancy
- 6 Ever heard of an Okinawa to Haneda Airpack Fare?
- 7 Excellent Customer Service with Bangkok Food Tours
- 8 Your opinion of our Japan & China itinerary
- 9 Short trip to Bangkok via Dubai
- 10 Nepal
- 11 Problems booking a hotel in Tokyo
- 12 Kyushu & Honshu Fall 2011
- 13 Would appreciate your comments on my Vietnam itinerary
- 14 Itinerary set: Now some logistical questions on first time trip to Japan
- 15 looking for a great hotel in K.L./ Lost camera!!!!!!!
- 16 4-5 days in SE Asia
- 17 Where did you exchange dollars for Rupees??
- 18 Halong Bay Tour - Is there another day tour you recommend instead?
- 19 1st time Japan - solo female
- 20 David's Trip Report--Japan- November 2013
- 21 From Singapore to NZ: A Remarkable Safari Through Time and Across Cultures
- 22 3 weeks in Japan- Finalized... I think
- 23 Travelling to Thailand from U.S. this June/July
- 24 Odyssey unlimited
- 25 Myanmar Trip Report: Is It "Too Late" To Go?