After doing more research we have decided to expand our trip to Sri Lanka. We are going to the Maldives afterwards so we are not going to the beach at all. I have read all the trip reports which have been very helpful. We want a combination of wildlife, scenery and some cultural sights. What I am not clear about is the distances as I have heard a number of different travel times between places. So here goes, we arrive at 1:30 pm and what to drive straight to Sinharaja. How long of a drive is it? We would like to stay at either Boulder Gardens or Rainforest Edge the first night. For the next two nights we want to stay at Martin 's Place. I know that it is basic but the location seems to make seeing the rainforest a lot easier. Next we want to go to Yala and stay instead the park with Leopard Safaris for three nights. How long is the drive from Sinharaja to Yala? The next thing we would like to do is go to Horton's Plains and the Hill country. Coming from Yala where is the best place to stay for the night so we can get up early and go to Horton Plains. We then want to continue up through the Hill Country and the on to Kandy. We would like to see a tea factory and the beautiful scenery but how much time is recommended and where is the best place to stay. We would love to stay at Tea Trails but I think they have a two night minimum. Also Kathie said she paid $450 a night. The website looked more like $700-$800 which is a little too much. We then probably would like one night in Kandy to see the Temple and more importantly the Botantical Gardens. Then on the the cultural Triangle for three nights. Any recommendations on where to stay that is well located to the major sights to visit in that area. As we will be somewhat roughing in at the beginning of the trip we really would like to stay in nice places in Kandy,Hill Country and Cultural Triangle. Any recommendations in the $300-$500 night price range. Our last night we need a place by the airport for the last night before our early morning flight to Male. I have been trying to work with different tour operators and it has been different. In Style and Boutique Sri Lanka are very good with the high end but are not as good with the wildlife part and would not even book Martin's Place. Red Dot has been mixed and I am a little concerned after all I have read. Has anyone used Jetwing or NatureTrek? Any advise would be greatly appreciated. We probably have a total of 13 nights, 3 Sinharaja,3 Yala, 3 Hill county and Kandy, 3 Cultural Triangle and last night at the airport.
New Itinerary-Thoughts and suggestions??
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Vietnam - Questions
- 2 India: A dream trip meets reality for me
- 3 Cost differences between spring and autumn visits to Japan?
- 4 tips and ideas for 10 days in Sri Lanka, train travel, beach options
- 5 Tokyo to Takayama or Kanazawa
- 6 Planning Japan Trip #2
- 7 A redhead in Vietnam and Cambodia
- 8 Bangkok Jewelry shoping
- 9 Thailand during the rainy season, have you been?
- 10 Osaka shopping
- 11 View from the plane arriving in Singapore then Bali from U.S.
- 12 Takayama ideas in April?
- 13 Bali Honeymoon. Got 3/4 places decided on, struggling on the last...HELP!
- 14 SW China or Myanmar for 2 weeks+ in NOV???
- 15 Sri Lanka February 15'
- 16 First Time Visit to Japan in November 2015 - Itinerary Review
- 17 Tokyo and Thailand in July
- 18 There and back again: a conflicted (and reimagined) India Trip Report
- 19 Ideas for an off beaten path trip in Burma
- 20 China's Direct Visa - Yet Another Vexation!
- 21 How to access to Kanazawa New Shinkansen Service March
- 22 First time visiting Japan. Please help
- 23 Luggage Transfer From Hotels
- 24 Penang
- 25 Some Final Thoughts on a Trip to SE Asia