When the SARS virus occurred, 2003?, did not China close the borders to foreign travelers? Now i read the H7N9 ? virus have been isolated in Taiwan, a nearby Island to the mainland. Any predictions on this virus and the operations of the Chinese Border and Visa Patrol within the next 60 days, as i have my ticket and visa in hand. Naturally, if the Chinese close the border, my claim of 'force majeur' will be lost on them and i will lose the ticket and maybe hotel costs. I also read that this virus in especially virulent with a high degree of human mortality so if the choice is stay alive or lose money...hm, let me think on that..
New China virus and travel to there
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 help with itinerary!
- 2 Seeing autumn leaves in "rural" Japan
- 3 Places to buy Malaysian fine crafts
- 4 day bus Yangon -Kalaw?
- 5 Thailand Flights-Bangkok to Phuket
- 6 Airport pick up from Narita
- 7 RHKKMKs---Just to be copy cats
- 8 You guys have beautiful babies but down for moms watching
- 9 Short trip to Bangkok via Dubai
- 10 Crossing Myanmar with own car (Thailand -> India) in Aug or Sep 2014
- 11 Japan & Korea - A little of this, a little of that
- 12 Advice re. day trip from Chiang Rai to Mae Sai & Golden Triangle
- 13 Will the new $100 bill be rejected or accepted in Burma?
- 14 Belated 2012 Trip Report - Two Weeks in South Korea
- 15 From Singapore to NZ: A Remarkable Safari Through Time and Across Cultures
- 16 Fly into Osaka instead of Tokyo for Koyosan to Nikko trip?
- 17 TRIP REPORT: Bangkok, Angkor, PhiPhi (2 weeks in rainy season)
- 18 Day trip by car from Kyoto?
- 19 Myanmar evisa system now working well.
- 20 Christmas Time in India
- 21 Having doubts with China
- 22 3 1/2 weeks in Japan. Do I need dinner reservations anywhere?
- 23 Phu Quoc, Vietnam
- 24 21 days thailand and vietnam
- 25 Bali and Java - 24 September to 23 October 2014