When the SARS virus occurred, 2003?, did not China close the borders to foreign travelers? Now i read the H7N9 ? virus have been isolated in Taiwan, a nearby Island to the mainland. Any predictions on this virus and the operations of the Chinese Border and Visa Patrol within the next 60 days, as i have my ticket and visa in hand. Naturally, if the Chinese close the border, my claim of 'force majeur' will be lost on them and i will lose the ticket and maybe hotel costs. I also read that this virus in especially virulent with a high degree of human mortality so if the choice is stay alive or lose money...hm, let me think on that..
New China virus and travel to there
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Kyoto for 3 full days - help with itinerary suggestions!
- 2 Seeking suggestions for our Nepal time in November. Do we need masks?
- 3 Bangkok, here I come! Yes, again!!
- 4 Where to go?
- 5 Kerala, India - 10 day holiday
- 6 2015 Cherry Blossom Forecast Published
- 7 Comment please re stops during drive from Chiang Rai to Chiang Khong
- 8 suggestions for 3 adults sharing 1 room in Japan
- 9 S E Asia part of our Round the World Trip
- 10 Trip Report: Second Time to Japan - Sakura, Gardens and Castles
- 11 Mt Wutai or Mt Tai
- 12 Which airport for Tokyo
- 13 Victoria Peak Hong Kong Question
- 14 Saturday or Sunday for guided tour not too far from Chiang Mai?
- 15 MSG in Hong Kong?
- 16 newbie solo traveler! budget traveling Japan for a month
- 17 Rain in Hong Kong next week
- 18 Private transfer from Amritsar to Wahga Border
- 19 India at the end of May
- 20 Restaurants in Singapore
- 21 Books on Japanese mythology or novels inspired by it
- 22 14 Days in Myanmar over the Holidays
- 23 should i stay in Bali longer for the july 15 holiday ?
- 24 Great Wall hike
- 25 Georgia e-visa application