When the SARS virus occurred, 2003?, did not China close the borders to foreign travelers? Now i read the H7N9 ? virus have been isolated in Taiwan, a nearby Island to the mainland. Any predictions on this virus and the operations of the Chinese Border and Visa Patrol within the next 60 days, as i have my ticket and visa in hand. Naturally, if the Chinese close the border, my claim of 'force majeur' will be lost on them and i will lose the ticket and maybe hotel costs. I also read that this virus in especially virulent with a high degree of human mortality so if the choice is stay alive or lose money...hm, let me think on that..
New China virus and travel to there
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 budgeting for 2 week trip in Beijing, Hong Kong, Guilin, and Chongqing
- 2 12 day split between Beijing and Shanghai
- 3 Sixteen Day in South Korea
- 4 April in Bangkok, again!
- 5 Recs for Tokyo hotels
- 6 osaka to kobe frrom ship to ship
- 7 GOING TO SE ASIA , NEED HELP
- 8 Problems at 12,000'
- 9 Spring trip to Tokyo and Kyoto -10 days
- 10 Best Time of Year to Visit Ko Samui/Krabi (Weather)
- 11 Which Putu in Bali????
- 12 Biting the India bullet...well, maybe...
- 13 Japan, japan
- 14 Have you stayed at Outrigger Laguna Beach Resort Phuket?
- 15 Bangkok, Luang Prabang, Luang Say, Chiang Rai, Singapore (but no Siem Reap)
- 16 Flying from place to place in Asia - here's our plan with questions
- 17 Hong Kong restaurants
- 18 Hotels in Hong Kong
- 19 India for 2 weeks in December/January
- 20 Drinking cheap in Singapore
- 21 Has anyone done a houseboat trip in Kerala
- 22 Bali trip - Places to visit outside of Bali / SE Asia
- 23 SE Asia July/August - more itinerary advice needed
- 24 what gifts to take to host in Cambodia from the U.D.
- 25 How safe is Delhi/India