When the SARS virus occurred, 2003?, did not China close the borders to foreign travelers? Now i read the H7N9 ? virus have been isolated in Taiwan, a nearby Island to the mainland. Any predictions on this virus and the operations of the Chinese Border and Visa Patrol within the next 60 days, as i have my ticket and visa in hand. Naturally, if the Chinese close the border, my claim of 'force majeur' will be lost on them and i will lose the ticket and maybe hotel costs. I also read that this virus in especially virulent with a high degree of human mortality so if the choice is stay alive or lose money...hm, let me think on that..
New China virus and travel to there
View all Asia activity »
- 1 Trip report China
- 2 Shopping for hotels for Feb.
- 3 Robinson store/Bangrak, Bangkok - has it reopened?
- 4 Myanmar and Mt Popa
- 5 First time trip to Japan - Fall 2013
- 6 Plan On Finally Visiting Japan, Looking For Advice...!
- 7 Fresh Hearts and Egg Tarts: Our Silver Jubilee in Hong Kong & Macau
- 8 Xian Crystal Mooncake
- 9 Next trip: Sri Lanka & Maldives. Need help from the travel gods.
- 10 Thai Visa Options for longer/ multiple stays
- 11 Traveling on Makha Bucha in Thailand
- 12 Visiting the Huangshan Area Without Climbing the Mountain
- 13 Planning 1st trip to japan. Ideas?
- 14 Sketches from Japan - Autumn 2013
- 15 Bali -- Visa on Arrival
- 16 Car Parking at Uno Port
- 17 Indian Visa: Experience with BLS International?
- 18 clean,reasonable priced lodging in Orchha, Bodghaya, Khajuraho, Varanasi
- 19 Input on staying the Banyan Tree or Trisara while in Phuket?
- 20 Bangkok & demonstrations (2013)
- 21 New Year's Week in Tokyo- Advice Please!!
- 22 Andaman coast visit - is Phuket worth visiting?
- 23 Anyone in Bangkok
- 24 United Canceling NRT-BKK Flight?
- 25 Draft itinerary - appreciate some input