When the SARS virus occurred, 2003?, did not China close the borders to foreign travelers? Now i read the H7N9 ? virus have been isolated in Taiwan, a nearby Island to the mainland. Any predictions on this virus and the operations of the Chinese Border and Visa Patrol within the next 60 days, as i have my ticket and visa in hand. Naturally, if the Chinese close the border, my claim of 'force majeur' will be lost on them and i will lose the ticket and maybe hotel costs. I also read that this virus in especially virulent with a high degree of human mortality so if the choice is stay alive or lose money...hm, let me think on that..
New China virus and travel to there
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 RHKKMKs---Just to be copy cats
- 2 Kyoto and beyond - 9 days trip in April 2014
- 3 How safe is it for US Citizens in Hat Yai and Violence in Southern Thailand
- 4 Japan and Hong Kong, September 2014
- 5 Looking for input on honeymoon itinerary
- 6 A trip to Mahabaleshwar (India)
- 7 Xian - Make your own warriors?
- 8 Bangkok/Phuket hotel and suggestions to do?
- 9 Kashmir today
- 10 Vietnam Trip Report: March 2014
- 11 Overnight trek to Mine Thauk Village?
- 12 Yikes! How to get a Visa to India??
- 13 Vietnam - In Search of Accessible Nature
- 14 Elephants and Tigers (no bears), oh my.
- 15 Heading to Koh Lipe, missing the boat. So need to spend the night.
- 16 Obtaining Multiple-entry China Visa for American in Hong Kong
- 17 Alleppey Backwater Cruise at Kerala
- 18 Beijing Air Quality Forecast
- 19 Luang Prabang Waterfall
- 20 Asia July 2015 for 2 weeks
- 21 Sikkim, Darjeeling and Kolkata: an Unusual First Trip to India
- 22 Vietnam Visa on Arrival - Help
- 23 Triple Room in Singapore
- 24 What I like about Mumbai
- 25 Favorite hotel in X'ian?