When the SARS virus occurred, 2003?, did not China close the borders to foreign travelers? Now i read the H7N9 ? virus have been isolated in Taiwan, a nearby Island to the mainland. Any predictions on this virus and the operations of the Chinese Border and Visa Patrol within the next 60 days, as i have my ticket and visa in hand. Naturally, if the Chinese close the border, my claim of 'force majeur' will be lost on them and i will lose the ticket and maybe hotel costs. I also read that this virus in especially virulent with a high degree of human mortality so if the choice is stay alive or lose money...hm, let me think on that..
New China virus and travel to there
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 possible trip for family of 4 to Japan over New Years. Is it worth trying?
- 2 Silver shops on New Road behind the Oriental Hotel. Bangkok
- 3 Wedding anniversary in Bali
- 4 2-3 days to spend near Shanghai: Hangzhou or Monganshan?
- 5 Elephants in Northern Thailand
- 6 swim after Christmas at Hoi An vietnam?
- 7 Medical/supplemental insurance for India
- 8 15 days in Japan in March/April
- 9 Jet Lagged in Mumbai
- 10 Nancy Chandler maps
- 11 2 Weeks in Thailand - Looking for suggestions
- 12 13 Hour layover in KL, never visited city before, ideas?
- 13 Free Sumo ticket in Fukuoka November 21
- 14 Do we need to reserve trains far in advance or just rock up to Station?
- 15 Help re. Visa.
- 16 Bangkok/Phuket hotel and suggestions to do?
- 17 Phuket Reniassaince/The Shore in November-swimmable beach?
- 18 getting from Chiang Mai to Kanchanaburi
- 19 Hong Kong, Thailand Skin products
- 20 Loy Krathong - do you need tickets?
- 21 Ranthambore - where to stay?
- 22 Advice on Tipping in Bali
- 23 flight from Mandalay to Luang Prabang
- 24 Elephants and Tigers (no bears), oh my.
- 25 Where to buy a Yukuta, rather than a Kimono...?