When the SARS virus occurred, 2003?, did not China close the borders to foreign travelers? Now i read the H7N9 ? virus have been isolated in Taiwan, a nearby Island to the mainland. Any predictions on this virus and the operations of the Chinese Border and Visa Patrol within the next 60 days, as i have my ticket and visa in hand. Naturally, if the Chinese close the border, my claim of 'force majeur' will be lost on them and i will lose the ticket and maybe hotel costs. I also read that this virus in especially virulent with a high degree of human mortality so if the choice is stay alive or lose money...hm, let me think on that..
New China virus and travel to there
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Need a guide in Burma?
- 2 Yikes! How to get a Visa to India??
- 3 Angkor Wat tour guide recommedations
- 4 We recommend our Seoul serviced apartment
- 5 Crossing Myanmar with own car (Thailand -> India) in Aug or Sep 2014
- 6 Vietnam Part 7 - the Final Leg
- 7 itinerary sri lanka please help
- 8 Travelling with 3 yr old; please comment on 10 day itinerary
- 9 Sri Lanka - Itinerary Ideas?
- 10 RHKKMKs---Just to be copy cats
- 11 End Oct & early Nov a good time for viewing wildlife in Borneo?
- 12 Japan and Hong Kong, September 2014
- 13 One Week in Beijing, what would you do?
- 14 What to pack? For Burma and Thailand
- 15 Help with Myanmar Itinerary 15 nights
- 16 Bangkok/Phuket hotel and suggestions to do?
- 17 How safe is it for US Citizens in Hat Yai and Violence in Southern Thailand
- 18 Thailand - what to wear in November, and, cosmetics
- 19 Xian - Make your own warriors?
- 20 Kyoto and beyond - 9 days trip in April 2014
- 21 Japan & Korea - A little of this, a little of that
- 22 Vietnam Visa on Arrival - Help
- 23 Overnight trek to Mine Thauk Village?
- 24 Elephants and Tigers (no bears), oh my.
- 25 Belated 2012 Trip Report - Two Weeks in South Korea