We are planning a trip to Nepal and want to do the Lukla, to Namche Bazaar trek. We would love to continue to the Tyangboche monastery. Could anyone that has done this tell us how strenuous the trek is? Or very steep and scary with narrow paths? Also, do you have to camp there at the monastery or is there a hotel to stay in which would have to be booked way in advance? Thanks for any help. Joanie
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Vietnam Itinerary - should I drop anything as too much
- 2 Golden eagle festival Mongolia?
- 3 Cost differences between spring and autumn visits to Japan?
- 4 India: A dream trip meets reality for me
- 5 Bangkok Jewelry shoping
- 6 Bali Question
- 7 60+ travelers to Vietnam, package tour or day tours?
- 8 There and back again: a conflicted (and reimagined) India Trip Report
- 9 Great place for a honeymoon destination?
- 10 Vietnam - Questions
- 11 Tokyo to Takayama or Kanazawa
- 12 Planning Japan Trip #2
- 13 A redhead in Vietnam and Cambodia
- 14 Thailand during the rainy season, have you been?
- 15 Osaka shopping
- 16 View from the plane arriving in Singapore then Bali from U.S.
- 17 Takayama ideas in April?
- 18 tips and ideas for 10 days in Sri Lanka, train travel, beach options
- 19 Bali Honeymoon. Got 3/4 places decided on, struggling on the last...HELP!
- 20 SW China or Myanmar for 2 weeks+ in NOV???
- 21 Sri Lanka February 15'
- 22 First Time Visit to Japan in November 2015 - Itinerary Review
- 23 Tokyo and Thailand in July
- 24 Ideas for an off beaten path trip in Burma
- 25 China's Direct Visa - Yet Another Vexation!