I was all set to take a chance and go to Nepal with just the aftershocks and knowledge that some things would be damaged.
Was planning on going Mid Oct for 5 days in a few weeks. Simple quick visit - Kathmandu, couple nights, then try to get out for a quick trek and stay in mountain lodge or 2 (see the mountains, see some interesting little villages...) Pokhara area perhaps.
I just found out that there is a lot of unrest and protests because of the constitutional changes, which I guess were signed yesterday! 9/21/15. Reading newspapers and looking around I just can't really figure out if I should skip it. US dept of state recommendations and warnings are not very specific so not a ton of help in this case.
Anyone over there that can give me a clue if I should skip or go? I already will be near there in India so I can't change this to a later date for this trip.
If I can't go, any other ideas of how to get that mountain experience in India (Darjeeling?).
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 알라딘사이트 c p s 33 . c o m
- 2 넷마블맞고 c p s 33 . c o m
- 3 Japan Itinerary for 12 Nights and 13 Days
- 4 Cancelling trip to Burma; seeking advice for outskirts of Bangkok
- 5 Thailand Guides
- 6 Bangkok in 3 days - Weekdays
- 7 For those traveling to Bali soon
- 8 Feedback on Kyushu itinerary
- 9 Experiance /More Than 120 Countries
- 10 Wild China vs Travel Guide China (or the like)
- 11 Phuket Beaches
- 12 India itinerary critique please
- 13 Japan Itinerary!
- 14 A short trip report of Vietnam, Dec 2016
- 15 cross from Ketapang in Java to Gilimanuk in Bali
- 16 India for Softies : A slow comfortable tour around some of Northern India
- 17 Magical India
- 18 Best location for snorkelling/ beach/ quiet resort/ great Thai food
- 19 Need for promethium sprayed mosquito nets for SEAsia travel
- 20 Vientiane and ??
- 21 JFK to BKK sale on Qatar
- 22 Possible itinerary - 4 days in Georgia
- 23 16 days in Japan--how to divide time?
- 24 Himachal Pradesh
- 25 Luggage size China ?
Nepal - Safe to Go Mid Oct? Earthquakes + Political Unrest