I was all set to take a chance and go to Nepal with just the aftershocks and knowledge that some things would be damaged.
Was planning on going Mid Oct for 5 days in a few weeks. Simple quick visit - Kathmandu, couple nights, then try to get out for a quick trek and stay in mountain lodge or 2 (see the mountains, see some interesting little villages...) Pokhara area perhaps.
I just found out that there is a lot of unrest and protests because of the constitutional changes, which I guess were signed yesterday! 9/21/15. Reading newspapers and looking around I just can't really figure out if I should skip it. US dept of state recommendations and warnings are not very specific so not a ton of help in this case.
Anyone over there that can give me a clue if I should skip or go? I already will be near there in India so I can't change this to a later date for this trip.
If I can't go, any other ideas of how to get that mountain experience in India (Darjeeling?).
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Goodbye, Carol Simpson
- 2 Googling to going...to Gujarat!
- 3 Japan GTG, early April
- 4 Advice needed from Japan train pros
- 5 Cherry Blossom season Mount Fuji area
- 6 Honest opinion needed about Thailand
- 7 A Netflix series for those who enjoy Tokyo
- 8 Takayama trail, Japan
- 9 Hotels near Takefu Train Station
- 10 1 day itinerary in Busan
- 11 Trip report : Annapurna Circuit October 2016
- 12 Beijing tours
- 13 Japan - Will We Get Lost?
- 14 On the road again - to Incredible India.
- 15 HK to Beijing for 3 weeks- mid March to early April- itinerary help please!
- 16 Cambodia to Vietnam e-visa image format
- 17 Nakasendo Walk: Some help please
- 18 Visa for India
- 19 Best place to buy real cheap designer bags ?
- 20 Hong Kong and Angkor Wat
- 21 Hútòng Walking
- 22 Asia Forum Fans: Craig and Jeane Visit Ecuador and the Galapagos
- 23 Singapore SAEX bus service question
- 24 21 Hours in Hong Kong
- 25 best options for cell phone in Vietnam and Thailand
Nepal - Safe to Go Mid Oct? Earthquakes + Political Unrest