I was all set to take a chance and go to Nepal with just the aftershocks and knowledge that some things would be damaged.
Was planning on going Mid Oct for 5 days in a few weeks. Simple quick visit - Kathmandu, couple nights, then try to get out for a quick trek and stay in mountain lodge or 2 (see the mountains, see some interesting little villages...) Pokhara area perhaps.
I just found out that there is a lot of unrest and protests because of the constitutional changes, which I guess were signed yesterday! 9/21/15. Reading newspapers and looking around I just can't really figure out if I should skip it. US dept of state recommendations and warnings are not very specific so not a ton of help in this case.
Anyone over there that can give me a clue if I should skip or go? I already will be near there in India so I can't change this to a later date for this trip.
If I can't go, any other ideas of how to get that mountain experience in India (Darjeeling?).
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 What's on in Kyoto 4th -9th October 2017
- 2 Natural Sights in Japan Near Kyoto or Tokyo?
- 3 Thailand, Cambodia, Vietnam for 65 year olds
- 4 A week exploring Hong Kong & Shanghai
- 5 Sri Lanka planning - advice sought.
- 6 Booking a train and pulling out my hair doing it!
- 7 First time to India
- 8 Help with itinerary please, 10 days Japan
- 9 where to stay in Busan
- 10 Surgery at Bumrungrad?
- 11 Thai Jungle Experience
- 12 K2 Trek - stunning! But be careful of irresponsible agency
- 13 Bali & Flores or Sulawesi for first trip to Indonesia!
- 14 5 days in Davao or Osaka
- 15 First time getting out of the country
- 16 Three days in Siem Reap, Two in Phnom Penh
- 17 To see the Himalayas in 10 days?
- 18 Start in Tokyo or Kyoto?
- 19 Will 3.5 hours be enough for int’l to domestic transfer in Beijing?
- 20 Travelling in Japan for 3 weeks - advice.
- 21 Connection time in Bangkok on separate tickets
- 22 Trekking & Camping at Nagalapuram
- 23 Travelling the Silk Road - Trip Report
- 24 Across Uzbekistan with MIR
- 25 Kyoto airbnb/vrbo reco?
Nepal - Safe to Go Mid Oct? Earthquakes + Political Unrest