I was all set to take a chance and go to Nepal with just the aftershocks and knowledge that some things would be damaged.
Was planning on going Mid Oct for 5 days in a few weeks. Simple quick visit - Kathmandu, couple nights, then try to get out for a quick trek and stay in mountain lodge or 2 (see the mountains, see some interesting little villages...) Pokhara area perhaps.
I just found out that there is a lot of unrest and protests because of the constitutional changes, which I guess were signed yesterday! 9/21/15. Reading newspapers and looking around I just can't really figure out if I should skip it. US dept of state recommendations and warnings are not very specific so not a ton of help in this case.
Anyone over there that can give me a clue if I should skip or go? I already will be near there in India so I can't change this to a later date for this trip.
If I can't go, any other ideas of how to get that mountain experience in India (Darjeeling?).
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 신천지예시 ≪접속주소 :【＂P T S 2 9.컴＂】
- 2 14 days in Myanmar
- 3 DC to Dubai 3 nts, Tokyo 6 nts. Kyoto day trip? Itinerary thoughts?
- 4 "necessities" for India
- 5 Short trip to Myanmar
- 6 ATMs in Japan
- 7 The Mystic East - a tale of hot food, hot weather, airmiles and imodium.
- 8 Changing planes at Dubai
- 9 50th Anniversary trip
- 10 US Citizen Vietnam Visa Help!
- 11 Four Best Sakura Sightseeing Places in Tokyo
- 12 First time backpacking - 5 weeks in Vietnam, Lao, Cambodia, and Thailand
- 13 A Journey to Jagna, Bohol - Trip Report
- 14 "China Eastern Airline" is it really bad??
- 15 Gang rape in India. Again.
- 16 First time in India and Nepal-HELP
- 17 Mandalay questions
- 18 Guides ,Bagan and Mandalay
- 19 Asia Transpacific vs Pacific Delight Private Tour to China
- 20 12 x Day Itinerary- Please give me your feedback
- 21 Myanmaromestic flights and transport :cash :guide/travel agency i
- 22 3 Week Trip to Southeast Asia
- 23 Help - India take 2
- 24 Chiang Mai hotel with sweet attentive staff
- 25 CNX late arrival?
Nepal - Safe to Go Mid Oct? Earthquakes + Political Unrest