I was all set to take a chance and go to Nepal with just the aftershocks and knowledge that some things would be damaged.
Was planning on going Mid Oct for 5 days in a few weeks. Simple quick visit - Kathmandu, couple nights, then try to get out for a quick trek and stay in mountain lodge or 2 (see the mountains, see some interesting little villages...) Pokhara area perhaps.
I just found out that there is a lot of unrest and protests because of the constitutional changes, which I guess were signed yesterday! 9/21/15. Reading newspapers and looking around I just can't really figure out if I should skip it. US dept of state recommendations and warnings are not very specific so not a ton of help in this case.
Anyone over there that can give me a clue if I should skip or go? I already will be near there in India so I can't change this to a later date for this trip.
If I can't go, any other ideas of how to get that mountain experience in India (Darjeeling?).
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 base bangkok or manilla
- 2 Googling to going...to Gujarat!
- 3 Our trip to Japan. Arigato gozaimasu
- 4 Idiotic time zone question
- 5 Christmas in the Alps
- 6 Ending another Asia trip in seattle
- 7 Japan travel during Obon 2017
- 8 Palawan / Marshall Law... should we be concerned?
- 9 Mount Koya
- 10 Sometahing is wrong
- 11 Please critique my revised itinerary- July 2017
- 12 Twin rooms in Japan
- 13 My Japan Travels - Follow-along with me
- 14 trying to fathom Chinese train travel
- 15 sri lanka- tips required
- 16 Change my Itinerary?
- 17 New Vietnam eVisa service
- 18 6 weeks in Nepal, Bhutan, Borneo and more...
- 19 4 weeks trip to South East Asia
- 20 Central Asia: Itinerary Advice
- 21 Where to from Tokyo?!
- 22 Impressions of India
- 23 Sri Lanka Association looking for volunteer
- 24 India - remnants of the British Raj
- 25 Hanoi, Vietnam 1 week
Nepal - Safe to Go Mid Oct? Earthquakes + Political Unrest