I would like some help with my Nepal itinerary.
My wife and I (we are in our late fifties) together with 2 of our children aged 15 and 21 are going to Nepal for 3 and half weeks from the middle of September. My present plan is as follows:
3 days Katmandu
2 or 3 days rafting on an easy river
2 or 3 days at Chitwan game park
Fly to Jomson and trek to Kagbeni and then back to Pokara (about 7 days)
Back to Katmandu to see more of the valley and spend one night at Nagarkot.
I thought to do the trip more or less in this order, in order to go directly from the rafting trip to Chitwan and from there to Pokara. This, in order to do as little intercity bus travel as possible. However, nothing is written in stone and we are very flexible.
I would appreciate any feedback, suggestions and advice regarding our itinerary, and especially advice re the river that would suite us for rafting (It appears that the Trisuli or Seti), as we have not really rafted before and my wife isn't a great water lover. Suggestions for medium priced hotels in Katmandu, Pokara and Nagarkot would be welcome and the name of a rafting company that is experienced and reliable. Lastly, we will be using the services of porters on the trek and I am not sure if we should hire them ourselves directly in Pokara and then fly them with us to Jomson (or hire them in Jomson) or go through a trekking agency.
Thank you in advance. Brian
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 US citizens applying for India visa--take care which website you use
- 2 Vietnam Visa on Arrival - Help
- 3 A week of blue skies in Beijing, who would've guessed?
- 4 Kyoto: hotel choices, guides,day trip to Nara
- 5 How would you do Hiroshima & Miyajima if can only stay 1 night in Miyajima?
- 6 First trip to Japan-17 night Itinerary in Cherry Blossom season
- 7 Japan Itinerary Help Please! 4.5-4.17
- 8 Which is better with kids, Dubai or Singapore ?
- 9 Burma - Our Mad Dash Across Too Much
- 10 Can you HELP with figuring out United Miles and how to get them SF-Bangkok?
- 11 Assistance planning remaining 5 days in South Thailand
- 12 First trip to China ! Need help with itinerary
- 13 Mangalore, India as cruise stop…seems underwhelming
- 14 Final Itinerary Kyoto area through Kamakura (skipping Tokyo this trip)
- 15 Which to see first - Kyoto or Tokyo?
- 16 Indian visa
- 17 13 Hour layover in KL, never visited city before, ideas?
- 18 The City, the River, the Jungle: Our Holiday in Kuching - Borneo
- 19 Hello from Thailand - I'm here!
- 20 Is Asiana Airlines safe?
- 21 Art in Shanghai
- 22 Dress code in India
- 23 One week in India
- 24 Wedding anniversary in Bali
- 25 Bali for 10 days need help with budget