I would like some help with my Nepal itinerary.
My wife and I (we are in our late fifties) together with 2 of our children aged 15 and 21 are going to Nepal for 3 and half weeks from the middle of September. My present plan is as follows:
3 days Katmandu
2 or 3 days rafting on an easy river
2 or 3 days at Chitwan game park
Fly to Jomson and trek to Kagbeni and then back to Pokara (about 7 days)
Back to Katmandu to see more of the valley and spend one night at Nagarkot.
I thought to do the trip more or less in this order, in order to go directly from the rafting trip to Chitwan and from there to Pokara. This, in order to do as little intercity bus travel as possible. However, nothing is written in stone and we are very flexible.
I would appreciate any feedback, suggestions and advice regarding our itinerary, and especially advice re the river that would suite us for rafting (It appears that the Trisuli or Seti), as we have not really rafted before and my wife isn't a great water lover. Suggestions for medium priced hotels in Katmandu, Pokara and Nagarkot would be welcome and the name of a rafting company that is experienced and reliable. Lastly, we will be using the services of porters on the trek and I am not sure if we should hire them ourselves directly in Pokara and then fly them with us to Jomson (or hire them in Jomson) or go through a trekking agency.
Thank you in advance. Brian
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 MT. Fuji as a day trip from Tokyo
- 2 Air Travel in India
- 3 Totally unprepared
- 4 Advice for Japan trip in November
- 5 Are Alexander+Roberts China Tours Any Good?
- 6 where to stay in Bali
- 7 Taxis at Mumbai airport
- 8 Hang Son Doong Cave in Vietnam
- 9 A new opportunity to interact with elephants in Thailand
- 10 A 6-week waking dream in North and South India.
- 11 Honeymoon Indonesia 10 days. Where?
- 12 Nai Thon beach Thailand
- 13 Osaka-Kyoto-Takayama -Kanazawa in 12 days with Kids Doable?
- 14 20 things to think about when interacting with animals in Thailand
- 15 Confused how to organize Burma itinerary.
- 16 Help plan my 11 days trip to Thailand
- 17 TRIP REPORT: Osaka to Hiroshima and in-between stops (tsuyu / summer)
- 18 First time to Japan for 19 year old and Mom (me)
- 19 What seems to be my final itinerary
- 20 Not Really A Trip Report Kind of Trip Report (Japan 2016)
- 21 Advice for 8 days in Nepal
- 22 Tokyo Itinerary Help please
- 23 Hanoi - SaPa - Hue
- 24 An island paradise?
- 25 1946-2007: An Old Soldier Returns to Camp Site in Beppu