I would like some help with my Nepal itinerary.
My wife and I (we are in our late fifties) together with 2 of our children aged 15 and 21 are going to Nepal for 3 and half weeks from the middle of September. My present plan is as follows:
3 days Katmandu
2 or 3 days rafting on an easy river
2 or 3 days at Chitwan game park
Fly to Jomson and trek to Kagbeni and then back to Pokara (about 7 days)
Back to Katmandu to see more of the valley and spend one night at Nagarkot.
I thought to do the trip more or less in this order, in order to go directly from the rafting trip to Chitwan and from there to Pokara. This, in order to do as little intercity bus travel as possible. However, nothing is written in stone and we are very flexible.
I would appreciate any feedback, suggestions and advice regarding our itinerary, and especially advice re the river that would suite us for rafting (It appears that the Trisuli or Seti), as we have not really rafted before and my wife isn't a great water lover. Suggestions for medium priced hotels in Katmandu, Pokara and Nagarkot would be welcome and the name of a rafting company that is experienced and reliable. Lastly, we will be using the services of porters on the trek and I am not sure if we should hire them ourselves directly in Pokara and then fly them with us to Jomson (or hire them in Jomson) or go through a trekking agency.
Thank you in advance. Brian
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Quickie Kathmandu visit worthwhile?
- 2 Namaste India - Shopping/Money
- 3 help with trip itinerary in April/May
- 4 Help with itinerary for 11 days
- 5 Japan GTG, early April
- 6 Trip Report : China
- 7 Japan itinerary advice
- 8 Upcoming friendly planet trip best of India and nepql
- 9 First time in Japan - itinerary feedback
- 10 Staying in Chaoyang, XiCheng or Dongsheng - Beijing
- 11 Need help with Sri Lanka itinerary and hotels
- 12 Googling to going...to Gujarat!
- 13 Honest opinion needed about Thailand
- 14 Other than Kyoto?
- 15 Goodbye, Carol Simpson
- 16 Confusion with LTE data with a Verizon iPhone 6 Plus
- 17 Hotels near Takefu Train Station
- 18 Vietnam for 14 days help to find travel company
- 19 Japan: 34 days becomes 12 (or 17)
- 20 Narita Airport to Shinjuku
- 21 Beijing tours
- 22 Planning First Family Trip to Japan - Advice Needed!
- 23 Advice needed from Japan train pros
- 24 Pandaw-up the Chindwin TR
- 25 HK to Beijing for 3 weeks- mid March to early April- itinerary help please!