I would like some help with my Nepal itinerary.
My wife and I (we are in our late fifties) together with 2 of our children aged 15 and 21 are going to Nepal for 3 and half weeks from the middle of September. My present plan is as follows:
3 days Katmandu
2 or 3 days rafting on an easy river
2 or 3 days at Chitwan game park
Fly to Jomson and trek to Kagbeni and then back to Pokara (about 7 days)
Back to Katmandu to see more of the valley and spend one night at Nagarkot.
I thought to do the trip more or less in this order, in order to go directly from the rafting trip to Chitwan and from there to Pokara. This, in order to do as little intercity bus travel as possible. However, nothing is written in stone and we are very flexible.
I would appreciate any feedback, suggestions and advice regarding our itinerary, and especially advice re the river that would suite us for rafting (It appears that the Trisuli or Seti), as we have not really rafted before and my wife isn't a great water lover. Suggestions for medium priced hotels in Katmandu, Pokara and Nagarkot would be welcome and the name of a rafting company that is experienced and reliable. Lastly, we will be using the services of porters on the trek and I am not sure if we should hire them ourselves directly in Pokara and then fly them with us to Jomson (or hire them in Jomson) or go through a trekking agency.
Thank you in advance. Brian
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 토토 총판 방법 【 'kakao: dnj2016●텔레그램 : speed2017' 】
- 2 Impressions of India
- 3 First time backpacking - 5 weeks in Vietnam, Lao, Cambodia, and Thailand
- 4 Treks Himalaya
- 5 Tokyo hotel help
- 6 Japan Help-Ryokan or no?
- 7 2 nights Phuket - What beach to stay on?
- 8 Bali - 1st Time Visit - Help with Itinerary
- 9 sri lanka two places, two hotels
- 10 Best place for a solo traveler to find a travel partner
- 11 Phone calls to UK from Japan
- 12 Overland Travel Chiang Mai to Manipur
- 13 How much Yen?
- 14 Any suggestions for travel agents for Taiwan?
- 15 South Korea for Chuseok
- 16 Googling to going...to Gujarat!
- 17 Bhutan... Have You Been
- 18 Getting Yourself Around Beijing
- 19 Bhutan travel operator and number of days
- 20 Bali - What to do?
- 21 India (north-east) + Maldives ititneraty help
- 22 AirAsia ASEAN pass?
- 23 help with s.e.a. trip destination for xmas, family of 4
- 24 travel to Malaysia or Indonesia
- 25 Bangkok transport to Shangri La Hotel