I would like some help with my Nepal itinerary.
My wife and I (we are in our late fifties) together with 2 of our children aged 15 and 21 are going to Nepal for 3 and half weeks from the middle of September. My present plan is as follows:
3 days Katmandu
2 or 3 days rafting on an easy river
2 or 3 days at Chitwan game park
Fly to Jomson and trek to Kagbeni and then back to Pokara (about 7 days)
Back to Katmandu to see more of the valley and spend one night at Nagarkot.
I thought to do the trip more or less in this order, in order to go directly from the rafting trip to Chitwan and from there to Pokara. This, in order to do as little intercity bus travel as possible. However, nothing is written in stone and we are very flexible.
I would appreciate any feedback, suggestions and advice regarding our itinerary, and especially advice re the river that would suite us for rafting (It appears that the Trisuli or Seti), as we have not really rafted before and my wife isn't a great water lover. Suggestions for medium priced hotels in Katmandu, Pokara and Nagarkot would be welcome and the name of a rafting company that is experienced and reliable. Lastly, we will be using the services of porters on the trek and I am not sure if we should hire them ourselves directly in Pokara and then fly them with us to Jomson (or hire them in Jomson) or go through a trekking agency.
Thank you in advance. Brian
- 1 Japan: best time to go?
- 2 Craig and Jeane Visit Japan - 2013 Trip Report
- 3 Magical India
- 4 First time trip to Japan - Fall 2013
- 5 Craig and Jeane's Japan Photos are Up
- 6 Car hire in India -- Narendra Kumar and hiredriverindia.com
- 7 Travel Insurance
- 8 Sketches from Japan - Autumn 2013
- 9 Resorts With Private Cabins Instead Of Hotel Rooms?
- 10 Varanasi lodging - to ghat or not to ghat etc etc - help!
- 11 SALAY from BAGAN
- 12 Bangkok & demonstrations (2013)
- 13 Visa process for those residing in NY/NJ/CT
- 14 Robinson store/Bangrak, Bangkok - has it reopened?
- 15 Next trip: Sri Lanka & Maldives. Need help from the travel gods.
- 16 cell phone in india
- 17 Night cruise to Kyushu from Kansai (Osaka and Kobe)
- 18 Bangkok - Silver Shops
- 19 Thailand-Bangkok-Ko Samui-Chang mai in the begining of May
- 20 Trip Report Kerala: Backwaters & Beach (DEC 2013)
- 21 Plan On Finally Visiting Japan, Looking For Advice...!
- 22 Indian Visa: Experience with BLS International?
- 23 Any recommendations for drivers in Beijing?
- 24 Questions, questions and more questions for first time trip to Asia
- 25 7 Days in Sri Lanka