I would like some help with my Nepal itinerary.
My wife and I (we are in our late fifties) together with 2 of our children aged 15 and 21 are going to Nepal for 3 and half weeks from the middle of September. My present plan is as follows:
3 days Katmandu
2 or 3 days rafting on an easy river
2 or 3 days at Chitwan game park
Fly to Jomson and trek to Kagbeni and then back to Pokara (about 7 days)
Back to Katmandu to see more of the valley and spend one night at Nagarkot.
I thought to do the trip more or less in this order, in order to go directly from the rafting trip to Chitwan and from there to Pokara. This, in order to do as little intercity bus travel as possible. However, nothing is written in stone and we are very flexible.
I would appreciate any feedback, suggestions and advice regarding our itinerary, and especially advice re the river that would suite us for rafting (It appears that the Trisuli or Seti), as we have not really rafted before and my wife isn't a great water lover. Suggestions for medium priced hotels in Katmandu, Pokara and Nagarkot would be welcome and the name of a rafting company that is experienced and reliable. Lastly, we will be using the services of porters on the trek and I am not sure if we should hire them ourselves directly in Pokara and then fly them with us to Jomson (or hire them in Jomson) or go through a trekking agency.
Thank you in advance. Brian
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Annual Fall Asia Trip
- 2 Best place to replenish my Japanese currency?
- 3 Holiday in Cambodia - plus Myanmar for a wedding.
- 4 3 weeks backpacking in Vietnam
- 5 Namaste--Nepal trip report November 2015
- 6 Most Attractive love spell caster +27730811051 in Australua kuwait Qatar
- 7 Money problem when Cruising different countries in Asia
- 8 Tashi Delek: trip report from Bhutan 2015
- 9 Seeking Help with First Trip to Japan
- 10 New Member
- 11 Planning for a trip to Northwest Vietnam
- 12 Eating in Chiang Mai and Pai, Thailand
- 13 Bangkok
- 14 5 weeks in Japan
- 15 Air India Versus Jet airways. Which is best for India
- 16 Kathie and Cheryl are off on another SE Asian adventure
- 17 Myanmar- Popular Sights and even a few hospitals!
- 18 Advantage of using Smithsonian Tours
- 19 Tokyo Story's Setsuko Hara dies at 95
- 20 TRIP REPORT: Just returned from first visit to Japan!
- 21 India trip report-brief recommendations
- 22 Lodge in Borneo
- 23 Best Singapore Sunday Brunch Hotel?
- 24 China and Japan help
- 25 Crossing Myanmar with own car (Thailand -> India) in Aug or Sep 2014