I'm currently in Kathmandu, and trying to plan an itinerary to see the Himalayas that does not involve trekking. tricky, right!?
we're two travelers with some injuries that make it difficult to go far. I can walk at a slow pace on level ground for about 2-3 hours before I give out.
so I'm thinking of ways to get close to the mountains so I can enjoy their beauty, but not be tied to getting to a specific destination in order to have a place to sleep!
I'd like to know about cities/towns/hotels that we can reach by bus/taxi/guide where we can enjoy some of the spectacular beauty. then, if we want to take an easy walk, we can always come home later in the day.
does that make sense? does it seem doable?
I'm hoping to keep the costs low, paying for transportation from one place to another, paying about $10-20 for a hotel for 2, and eating at restaurants instead of booking a full package through an agency.
any ideas would be really appreciated. I'm having trouble getting tour operators to understand what I'm trying to do, and the full tours that they suggest seem expensive.
thank you all for the information, this forum has been invaluable!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Passport
- 2 Santa Maria Travels and Inle Lake
- 3 Nywoman single older woman goes to Japan
- 4 Amakusa island help
- 5 How would you spend your last few days in Thailand.
- 6 7 days in Ho Chi Minh City
- 7 Are knitting needles allowed on ANA?
- 8 Month in Cambodia and Laos - January 2017
- 9 Real Experiences and Travel Agency in Southeast Asia to choose
- 10 Visiting a Country in Mourning
- 11 Many Questions for 1st Japan Trip
- 12 Siem reap to Sihanoukville flight
- 13 Weekend Breaks from Singapore
- 14 Questions re use of Japan Rail Pass and Kyoto itinerary
- 15 Tips for Others Planning to Visit Japan
- 16 Cheapest way to Vietnam, Cambodia or Thailand.
- 17 Japan Itinerary
- 18 Complete Asia Newbie - Phnom Penh Itinerary Ideas - Two Weeks
- 19 Toddler twin travel in India
- 20 Train vs Taxi from BKK to hotel
- 21 Chinese New Year in Hong Kong
- 22 India for Softies : A slow comfortable tour around some of Northern India
- 23 Vietnam to increase visa cost for Americans
- 24 Help with Kyushu itinerary appreciated.
- 25 Hong Kong - Travel Report