I'm currently in Kathmandu, and trying to plan an itinerary to see the Himalayas that does not involve trekking. tricky, right!?
we're two travelers with some injuries that make it difficult to go far. I can walk at a slow pace on level ground for about 2-3 hours before I give out.
so I'm thinking of ways to get close to the mountains so I can enjoy their beauty, but not be tied to getting to a specific destination in order to have a place to sleep!
I'd like to know about cities/towns/hotels that we can reach by bus/taxi/guide where we can enjoy some of the spectacular beauty. then, if we want to take an easy walk, we can always come home later in the day.
does that make sense? does it seem doable?
I'm hoping to keep the costs low, paying for transportation from one place to another, paying about $10-20 for a hotel for 2, and eating at restaurants instead of booking a full package through an agency.
any ideas would be really appreciated. I'm having trouble getting tour operators to understand what I'm trying to do, and the full tours that they suggest seem expensive.
thank you all for the information, this forum has been invaluable!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Train or Bus from Nikko, Hakone, etc
- 2 12 days in Thailand itinerary
- 3 To see the Himalayas in 10 days?
- 4 November, March, June... Japan?
- 5 Itinerary Help Japan
- 6 A week exploring Hong Kong & Shanghai
- 7 Sri Lanka planning - advice sought.
- 8 3-4 Weeks in Bali alone?
- 9 Connection time in Bangkok on separate tickets
- 10 A hungry mouse's (very sweaty) adventures in the Land of the Rising Sun
- 11 Hong Kong - Tian Tan Buddha
- 12 Across Vietnam - Travel Guide
- 13 Vietnam/Cambodia itinerary
- 14 Japanese Alps, JR option, Kamakura - more advice gratefully accepted!
- 15 Silk Road Tour - China
- 16 Family trip to Japan in November '17
- 17 Will 3.5 hours be enough for int’l to domestic transfer in Beijing?
- 18 6 weeks in Nepal, Bhutan, Borneo and more...
- 19 Canggu Surfing - Learn to surf advice
- 20 coastal Central Vietnam (Hoi An and Hue) trip report
- 21 Thailand Visa Concern for Stay Over 30 Days
- 22 Yunnan Province, China, Trip Report: May 26-June 10, 2017
- 23 Car and driver agra to jaipur
- 24 Burma, Cambodia, Vietnam, Laos
- 25 Japan rail pass: 7 or 14 days? Itinerary set