I'm currently in Kathmandu, and trying to plan an itinerary to see the Himalayas that does not involve trekking. tricky, right!?
we're two travelers with some injuries that make it difficult to go far. I can walk at a slow pace on level ground for about 2-3 hours before I give out.
so I'm thinking of ways to get close to the mountains so I can enjoy their beauty, but not be tied to getting to a specific destination in order to have a place to sleep!
I'd like to know about cities/towns/hotels that we can reach by bus/taxi/guide where we can enjoy some of the spectacular beauty. then, if we want to take an easy walk, we can always come home later in the day.
does that make sense? does it seem doable?
I'm hoping to keep the costs low, paying for transportation from one place to another, paying about $10-20 for a hotel for 2, and eating at restaurants instead of booking a full package through an agency.
any ideas would be really appreciated. I'm having trouble getting tour operators to understand what I'm trying to do, and the full tours that they suggest seem expensive.
thank you all for the information, this forum has been invaluable!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 US : HP Tec*h SUPP0RT CONTACT ☎ 1:8OO~681 ~72O8 HP PRINTER 24*7
- 2 Reset YAHOO Setting CONTACT ☎ 1:800:540:6830 YAHOO mail Tec*h SUPP0RT 24*7
- 3 Impressions of India
- 4 India Tour Companies
- 5 Laos or Kerala?
- 6 Itinerary Critique
- 7 Revising Itinerary - Including Galle?
- 8 sri lanka- tips required
- 9 Staying Connected In Sri Lanka and India
- 10 Seeking Help With My Sri Lanka And South India Itinerary: Rough Draft #1
- 11 Need help with Sri Lanka itinerary and hotels
- 12 Sri Lanka- elephants
- 13 Visiting Sri Lanka for the First Time
- 14 Sri Lanka for 13 nights -need advice
- 15 Sri Lanka advice
- 16 Backpacking on a budget
- 17 sri lanka two places, two hotels
- 18 sri lanka at xmas
- 19 Palawan / Marshall Law... should we be concerned?
- 20 Sri Lanka Association looking for volunteer
- 21 Where to from Tokyo?!
- 22 Twin rooms in Japan
- 23 6 weeks in Nepal, Bhutan, Borneo and more...
- 24 Please critique my revised itinerary- July 2017
- 25 New Vietnam eVisa service