I'm currently in Kathmandu, and trying to plan an itinerary to see the Himalayas that does not involve trekking. tricky, right!?
we're two travelers with some injuries that make it difficult to go far. I can walk at a slow pace on level ground for about 2-3 hours before I give out.
so I'm thinking of ways to get close to the mountains so I can enjoy their beauty, but not be tied to getting to a specific destination in order to have a place to sleep!
I'd like to know about cities/towns/hotels that we can reach by bus/taxi/guide where we can enjoy some of the spectacular beauty. then, if we want to take an easy walk, we can always come home later in the day.
does that make sense? does it seem doable?
I'm hoping to keep the costs low, paying for transportation from one place to another, paying about $10-20 for a hotel for 2, and eating at restaurants instead of booking a full package through an agency.
any ideas would be really appreciated. I'm having trouble getting tour operators to understand what I'm trying to do, and the full tours that they suggest seem expensive.
thank you all for the information, this forum has been invaluable!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 3 week SE Asia itinerary
- 2 Hokkaido and northern Honshu itinerary advice
- 3 Japan rough itinerary
- 4 One night in Osaka
- 5 Kamogawa Odori/Aoi Matsuri
- 6 Japan Cherry Blossom 2018
- 7 14 days Japan itinerary. First timers.
- 8 Japan for Foodies
- 9 David's Abbreviated Trip Report-Japan, Part 2-Sakura 2017
- 10 Taipei Art Scene - Travel Report
- 11 Advice itinerary trip Thailand/Laos in July
- 12 Singapore weather in August/September
- 13 Across Uzbekistan with MIR
- 14 Japan's Kyushu: Takachiho Gorge - Travel Report
- 15 First time going abroad
- 16 Sapporo to Lake Akan
- 17 First Time to Japan..Itin Advice Needed
- 18 sri lanka two places, two hotels
- 19 Backpacking on a budget
- 20 Googling to going...to Gujarat!
- 21 10 Days in Japan- Itinerary Review
- 22 travel to shirakawago from kyoto
- 23 Do It Yourself/No taxi Tour in China?
- 24 electric plug
- 25 Day trips from Sapporo