I'm currently in Kathmandu, and trying to plan an itinerary to see the Himalayas that does not involve trekking. tricky, right!?
we're two travelers with some injuries that make it difficult to go far. I can walk at a slow pace on level ground for about 2-3 hours before I give out.
so I'm thinking of ways to get close to the mountains so I can enjoy their beauty, but not be tied to getting to a specific destination in order to have a place to sleep!
I'd like to know about cities/towns/hotels that we can reach by bus/taxi/guide where we can enjoy some of the spectacular beauty. then, if we want to take an easy walk, we can always come home later in the day.
does that make sense? does it seem doable?
I'm hoping to keep the costs low, paying for transportation from one place to another, paying about $10-20 for a hotel for 2, and eating at restaurants instead of booking a full package through an agency.
any ideas would be really appreciated. I'm having trouble getting tour operators to understand what I'm trying to do, and the full tours that they suggest seem expensive.
thank you all for the information, this forum has been invaluable!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 리얼바카라게임【XAX111.ＣoM】아시안카지노
- 2 Honeymoon - Malaysia and Bali
- 3 Train trip costs help please
- 4 Purchasing Kamagawa Odori tickets?
- 5 Where to go for 3 days in SEA after business meeting in Singapore?
- 6 Kashmir Tourism
- 7 Everest Base Camp Trekking
- 8 Weather forecast
- 9 Vietnam visa
- 10 Bali - What to do?
- 11 Across Uzbekistan with MIR
- 12 The ethics of choosing to visit a repressive country like Myanmar
- 13 New Vietnam eVisa service
- 14 Vietnam with kids/teens
- 15 Sri Lanka advice
- 16 First time in Japan - itinerary feedback
- 17 Ryokan in Japan
- 18 Indonesia (other than Bali!)
- 19 Effects of Labour Day & Buddha's Birthday on HK touring?
- 20 Sri Lanka for 13 nights -need advice
- 21 Googling to going...to Gujarat!
- 22 Itinerary & airport help
- 23 Dinner spots for solo traveller
- 24 [Travel to ThaiLand]
- 25 Snapshots From Kerala