I'm currently in Kathmandu, and trying to plan an itinerary to see the Himalayas that does not involve trekking. tricky, right!?
we're two travelers with some injuries that make it difficult to go far. I can walk at a slow pace on level ground for about 2-3 hours before I give out.
so I'm thinking of ways to get close to the mountains so I can enjoy their beauty, but not be tied to getting to a specific destination in order to have a place to sleep!
I'd like to know about cities/towns/hotels that we can reach by bus/taxi/guide where we can enjoy some of the spectacular beauty. then, if we want to take an easy walk, we can always come home later in the day.
does that make sense? does it seem doable?
I'm hoping to keep the costs low, paying for transportation from one place to another, paying about $10-20 for a hotel for 2, and eating at restaurants instead of booking a full package through an agency.
any ideas would be really appreciated. I'm having trouble getting tour operators to understand what I'm trying to do, and the full tours that they suggest seem expensive.
thank you all for the information, this forum has been invaluable!
Nepal - how to see the Himalayas without trekking?!
- 1 Hilton coming in Zhengzhou, China?
- 2 Nepal, Tibet, and Bhutan tour suggestions
- 3 Dreamliner to Japan in Nov.?
- 4 Photography Trip to Vietnam
- 5 trip report to tajmahal agra india
- 6 4 days with Orangutans Balikpapan + Camp Leakey
- 7 Cambodia, Laos and a bit of Hong Kong - 5 1/2 weeks (Jan.24-March 4, 2013)
- 8 Trip plans to SE Asia for 2014 coming together! Int'l flights purchased!
- 9 Sri Lanka
- 10 Suggestion for Bali
- 11 Elephant Visit in Chiang Mai
- 12 Proposed Sri Lanka Itinerary - any opinions welcome
- 13 Suggestions for Asian visit Feb. 2014, incl. Singapore
- 14 Rajasthan tour: Car and Driver services, advise needed
- 15 Beijing To Tibet, Mt. Everest And Nepal All In 10 Days
- 16 which hotel in Bangkok in July?
- 17 Family Japan Trip in August for First Time - Hotel Planning Advice
- 18 Hello, Vietnam
- 19 Is it worth switching hotels in Tokyo?
- 20 11 days in Japan, JR pass question
- 21 Kashmir or Nepal
- 22 Udaipur, India
- 23 Ipoh
- 24 Conference venues around Pune City?
- 25 Treasure Junk Halong/Bai Tu Long bay crusie?