Last April I booked a trek in Tibet through a Nepali Agency, of course TAAN registered. It seemed they had a good reputation and they have several Trip Advisor reviews. We paid 35% of the total amount as a booking deposit. We have the Invoice, the Service Voucher and the Cash Receipt from the Agnecy. Booking conditions foresee a 40% fee on this deposit in case of cancellation because of our own reasons until 5 days before departure.
Foreseen departure is September 17th and unfortunately Tibet is now closed and it is likely it will be in September as well. No deposit refund policy was clearly stated before in this case.
Now we are discussing about alternative treks in Nepal. The Agent is giving us unbeliveable quotations for these treks, about 65% more than the quotation for same trek we now have from another "first class" Nepali agency. We well know this last one because supported us in a climbing trek last year, but unfortunately they did not have the Tibet program we were interested in.
We are now asking the Agent to refund our booking deposit, but he is taking time and it is clear that he does not want to give me back money. I am not sure at all that he will give me back even the 60% of the deposit which is due in case of cancellation by me. This is because the Agent is proving not to be reliable and honest in discussing the alternatives.
Does anyone have suggestions on how to get the refund of this deposit ? Is it possible to ask some Authority in Nepal ? We want at least to get back our 60%.
I avoid to publish the name of this Agency before the end of this story.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 http://realcoloncleansingworks.com/testo-xtreme-xl/
- 2 A hungry mouse's (very sweaty) adventures in the Land of the Rising Sun
- 3 Bali & Flores or Sulawesi for first trip to Indonesia!
- 4 A week exploring Hong Kong & Shanghai
- 5 Train or Bus from Nikko, Hakone, etc
- 6 12 days in Thailand itinerary
- 7 To see the Himalayas in 10 days?
- 8 November, March, June... Japan?
- 9 Itinerary Help Japan
- 10 Sri Lanka planning - advice sought.
- 11 3-4 Weeks in Bali alone?
- 12 Connection time in Bangkok on separate tickets
- 13 Hong Kong - Tian Tan Buddha
- 14 Across Vietnam - Travel Guide
- 15 Vietnam/Cambodia itinerary
- 16 Japanese Alps, JR option, Kamakura - more advice gratefully accepted!
- 17 Silk Road Tour - China
- 18 Family trip to Japan in November '17
- 19 Will 3.5 hours be enough for int’l to domestic transfer in Beijing?
- 20 6 weeks in Nepal, Bhutan, Borneo and more...
- 21 Canggu Surfing - Learn to surf advice
- 22 coastal Central Vietnam (Hoi An and Hue) trip report
- 23 Thailand Visa Concern for Stay Over 30 Days
- 24 Yunnan Province, China, Trip Report: May 26-June 10, 2017
- 25 Car and driver agra to jaipur