We'll be spending a couple of days in Taipei, and since we're there for such a short amount of time, we'd like to pick our hotel based on proximity to lots and lots of xiao chi, or snack places. Which neighborhood would be best to stay in, that's easy walking distance or surrounded by food? Would it be ximending, guting, other??
Also, which is the best night market for food? While Shilin night market is the largest, I've heard the food is only average there. Any other recommendations for night market food in Taipei??
Neighborhood with most snacks in Taipei, & best night market for food
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 From Singapore to NZ: A Remarkable Safari Through Time and Across Cultures
- 2 Japan Itinerary for May
- 3 South Korea 5 days
- 4 Japan -OAT tour
- 5 Thai island escape
- 6 Visa Arrived..off to India!!!
- 7 Great trip to Myanmar, Bangkok and Hong Kong
- 8 Questions on Places to See in Burma
- 9 Indian Visa: Experience with BLS International?
- 10 Transport logistics: Kyoto, Hiroshima/Miyajima, Kyushu
- 11 India Visa - BLS international. Lost passport FBI complaint
- 12 Halong Bay Tour - Is there another day tour you recommend instead?
- 13 What are good things to buy while in Shanghai China
- 14 General question
- 15 Train Travel During Golden Week
- 16 Staying in Hong Kong but want to visit Shenzen
- 17 Purchasing a Nozomi train ticket - Tokyo to Kyoto
- 18 Myanmar (Burma) Trip Report
- 19 Travels in Tumultuous Thailand, languid Luang Prabang & Smiling Siem Reap
- 20 Plans changed: 3 weeks two festivals
- 21 Please share the things you liked in Hanoi and Hoi An
- 22 Bout Phi Phi to Phuket
- 23 Phuket Hotel
- 24 First timer trying to prepare for trip of a lifetime: BURMA
- 25 Glovers 2 month India adventure has begun!