We'll be spending a couple of days in Taipei, and since we're there for such a short amount of time, we'd like to pick our hotel based on proximity to lots and lots of xiao chi, or snack places. Which neighborhood would be best to stay in, that's easy walking distance or surrounded by food? Would it be ximending, guting, other??
Also, which is the best night market for food? While Shilin night market is the largest, I've heard the food is only average there. Any other recommendations for night market food in Taipei??
Neighborhood with most snacks in Taipei, & best night market for food
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 21 days thailand and vietnam
- 2 help with itinerary!
- 3 Christmas Time in India
- 4 Japan & Korea - A little of this, a little of that
- 5 Next step - drive or be driven - Mae Hong Son loop
- 6 Fly into Osaka instead of Tokyo for Koyosan to Nikko trip?
- 7 Travelling Plan to Ooty from Bangalore By Train India
- 8 Estimating hours on road - Samcheok to Gyeongju to Daejeon in one day?
- 9 Bali and Java - 24 September to 23 October 2014
- 10 Japiur - 2 days - hotel, restaurant, shopping recommendations needed!
- 11 Myanmar podcast
- 12 TRIP REPORT: Bangkok, Angkor, PhiPhi (2 weeks in rainy season)
- 13 3 1/2 weeks in Japan. Do I need dinner reservations anywhere?
- 14 Chiang Mai, Thailand airport departure tax
- 15 RHKKMKs---Just to be copy cats
- 16 Burma with a toddler
- 17 Having doubts with China
- 18 .INDONESIA, ETC...great new book!
- 19 Where have you be able to find your small denomination pristine currency?
- 20 I have 6 nights end of Nov Beg of December - ImTHINKING.....
- 21 Bali wedding in villa
- 22 beaches in Thailand
- 23 The world's biggest cave in Vietnam?
- 24 Northern Burma on the RV Pandaw II
- 25 Escorted Tour of Vietnam