We'll be spending a couple of days in Taipei, and since we're there for such a short amount of time, we'd like to pick our hotel based on proximity to lots and lots of xiao chi, or snack places. Which neighborhood would be best to stay in, that's easy walking distance or surrounded by food? Would it be ximending, guting, other??
Also, which is the best night market for food? While Shilin night market is the largest, I've heard the food is only average there. Any other recommendations for night market food in Taipei??
Neighborhood with most snacks in Taipei, & best night market for food
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 15 Days in Japan, Itinerary Help Please
- 2 Jakarta or Kuala Lumpor
- 3 Bali or Fiji
- 4 Chiang Mai OR Luang Prabang
- 5 Weekend Market and Or Tor Kor-Bangkok
- 6 Vacay to Thailand end of December-January 2014
- 7 flight details from Chicago area to BKK
- 8 Honeymoon in december 2014
- 9 Travel during China national week?
- 10 Don't use World Expeditions
- 11 Food tours in HCMC/Saigon?
- 12 anyone been to minsk aircraft carrier, Shenzhen while staying in Kowloon
- 13 Trip report/blog - 10 days in Tokyo and Kyoto
- 14 Knockoff Designer bags in Vietnam?
- 15 Affordable accommodation in Yangon near Sule Pagoda
- 16 Bangkok - Side trip to Ayutthaya
- 17 3 days in Teheran
- 18 Destination Bangkok, again
- 19 Trip Report and Diary - Tokyo in 7 Days
- 20 Bangkok - Weekend train excursion to Kanchanaburi and/or Nam Tok
- 21 Luang Prabang to Chiang Mai -- HOW?
- 22 Honeymoon in Nha Trang
- 23 Favorite travel apps?
- 24 4 wonderful solo weeks in South Korea
- 25 Selecting A Guide for Bhutan (Bridge To Bhutan)