We'll be spending a couple of days in Taipei, and since we're there for such a short amount of time, we'd like to pick our hotel based on proximity to lots and lots of xiao chi, or snack places. Which neighborhood would be best to stay in, that's easy walking distance or surrounded by food? Would it be ximending, guting, other??
Also, which is the best night market for food? While Shilin night market is the largest, I've heard the food is only average there. Any other recommendations for night market food in Taipei??
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 12 days in Thailand itinerary
- 2 Train or Bus from Nikko, Hakone, etc
- 3 To see the Himalayas in 10 days?
- 4 November, March, June... Japan?
- 5 Itinerary Help Japan
- 6 A week exploring Hong Kong & Shanghai
- 7 Sri Lanka planning - advice sought.
- 8 3-4 Weeks in Bali alone?
- 9 Connection time in Bangkok on separate tickets
- 10 A hungry mouse's (very sweaty) adventures in the Land of the Rising Sun
- 11 Hong Kong - Tian Tan Buddha
- 12 Across Vietnam - Travel Guide
- 13 Vietnam/Cambodia itinerary
- 14 Japanese Alps, JR option, Kamakura - more advice gratefully accepted!
- 15 Silk Road Tour - China
- 16 Family trip to Japan in November '17
- 17 Will 3.5 hours be enough for int’l to domestic transfer in Beijing?
- 18 6 weeks in Nepal, Bhutan, Borneo and more...
- 19 Canggu Surfing - Learn to surf advice
- 20 coastal Central Vietnam (Hoi An and Hue) trip report
- 21 Thailand Visa Concern for Stay Over 30 Days
- 22 Yunnan Province, China, Trip Report: May 26-June 10, 2017
- 23 Car and driver agra to jaipur
- 24 Burma, Cambodia, Vietnam, Laos
- 25 Japan rail pass: 7 or 14 days? Itinerary set
Neighborhood with most snacks in Taipei, & best night market for food