We'll be spending a couple of days in Taipei, and since we're there for such a short amount of time, we'd like to pick our hotel based on proximity to lots and lots of xiao chi, or snack places. Which neighborhood would be best to stay in, that's easy walking distance or surrounded by food? Would it be ximending, guting, other??
Also, which is the best night market for food? While Shilin night market is the largest, I've heard the food is only average there. Any other recommendations for night market food in Taipei??
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Made the Jump!
- 2 A 6-week waking dream in North and South India.
- 3 Yogyakarta - Prambanan and Borobudur Travel Report
- 4 Help plan my 11 days trip to Thailand
- 5 Bucket List Trip: Bali, Angkor Wat,Japan
- 6 Some notes about South Korea
- 7 passport visa ques.
- 8 Itinerary 3-1/2 week trip to Hong Kong, Vietnam, Cambodia, Thailand
- 9 Hanoi - SaPa - Hue
- 10 Need some help with my final itinerary
- 11 Are Alexander+Roberts China Tours Any Good?
- 12 First time to Japan for 19 year old and Mom (me)
- 13 Looking for Serviced apt.
- 14 In Seoul for one day
- 15 Bhutan with Aman hotels, worth it?
- 16 A great trip in India
- 17 Help with hotel in Saigon - An Lam Saigon River or Hotel des Arts??
- 18 Another first-timer. Does this work?
- 19 "China Eastern Airline" is it really bad??
- 20 A Memorable Solo Month in Singapore, Java, and Bali
- 21 Thoughts on this itinerary
- 22 It can be cheap but awesome!
- 23 Totally unprepared
- 24 Shanghai Airpor overnight
- 25 Chengdu, China - Giant Panda Research Base Travel Report
Neighborhood with most snacks in Taipei, & best night market for food