We'll be spending a couple of days in Taipei, and since we're there for such a short amount of time, we'd like to pick our hotel based on proximity to lots and lots of xiao chi, or snack places. Which neighborhood would be best to stay in, that's easy walking distance or surrounded by food? Would it be ximending, guting, other??
Also, which is the best night market for food? While Shilin night market is the largest, I've heard the food is only average there. Any other recommendations for night market food in Taipei??
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Visiting China - must be tour
- 2 Vietnam to increase visa cost for Americans
- 3 India Trip Report
- 4 Osaka-Kyoto-Takayama -Kanazawa in 12 days with Kids Doable?
- 5 Best Hotel in Hanoi Old Quarter
- 6 Onsen ryokan for single near Tokyo
- 7 Need help choosing a tour company.
- 8 BKK Street Food Disappearing per BBC
- 9 Hanoi Hotel
- 10 TRIP REPORT: Osaka to Hiroshima and in-between stops (tsuyu / summer)
- 11 Back to Bangkok this month!
- 12 Questions on Details for 23 Days in Japan
- 13 Fodor's Boston GTG
- 14 What is the best way to travel through Budapest, Vienna, and Prague?
- 15 Recommendations for Asian Tour
- 16 Hakone and Mt Fuji
- 17 Best places to photo-shoot landscapes and natural beauty
- 18 Udon Thani to Chiang Mai by road
- 19 Thailand - Khao Lak [Andaman Coast] area
- 20 An island paradise?
- 21 Help plan my 11 days trip to Thailand
- 22 6 months SE Asia and New Zeland
- 23 mekong delta vietnam tours which operator to go for?
- 24 Help with hotel in Saigon - An Lam Saigon River or Hotel des Arts??
- 25 Budget accommodation in Krabi and Phi Phi island??
Neighborhood with most snacks in Taipei, & best night market for food