My mother has to travel to India on an emergency in the next week or so. She is a U.S. citizen now. She was naturalized recently. She has an OCI permanent Indian visa. I am hearing that she has to renounce her Indian citizenship before she can step into India even though she has the OCI visa. Is this true? I thought she automatically renounced her Indian citizenship when she became a U.S. citizen and got her OCI visa, right? Where can I get the renunciation form and where do I file it? I need this done ASAP as she has to travel to India on an emergency. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 First time to India
- 2 6 Seater for your safe and comfort trip in Sri Lanka
- 3 Help with itinerary please, 10 days Japan
- 4 Sri Lanka planning - advice sought.
- 5 First time getting out of the country
- 6 Bali & Flores or Sulawesi for first trip to Indonesia!
- 7 Three days in Siem Reap, Two in Phnom Penh
- 8 To see the Himalayas in 10 days?
- 9 Start in Tokyo or Kyoto?
- 10 Will 3.5 hours be enough for int’l to domestic transfer in Beijing?
- 11 Travelling in Japan for 3 weeks - advice.
- 12 Connection time in Bangkok on separate tickets
- 13 5 days in Davao or Osaka
- 14 Planning my Philippines trip
- 15 Trekking & Camping at Nagalapuram
- 16 Travelling the Silk Road - Trip Report
- 17 Across Uzbekistan with MIR
- 18 A week exploring Hong Kong & Shanghai
- 19 Kyoto airbnb/vrbo reco?
- 20 A hungry mouse's (very sweaty) adventures in the Land of the Rising Sun
- 21 Surgery at Bumrungrad?
- 22 The Best of Bagan - Travel Report
- 23 Japanese Alps, JR option, Kamakura - more advice gratefully accepted!
- 24 Train or Bus from Nikko, Hakone, etc
- 25 10 days in Sri Lanka - Travel Report
Needing quick advice with OCI visa and renunciation certificate