My mother has to travel to India on an emergency in the next week or so. She is a U.S. citizen now. She was naturalized recently. She has an OCI permanent Indian visa. I am hearing that she has to renounce her Indian citizenship before she can step into India even though she has the OCI visa. Is this true? I thought she automatically renounced her Indian citizenship when she became a U.S. citizen and got her OCI visa, right? Where can I get the renunciation form and where do I file it? I need this done ASAP as she has to travel to India on an emergency. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Can buy a JR Pass in Japan
- 2 Last Minute Bali Honeymoon
- 3 Japan Cherry Blossom 2018
- 4 Best Indian food in Bangkok?
- 5 3 week SE Asia itinerary
- 6 Japan Rail Pass
- 7 14 days Japan itinerary. First timers.
- 8 Sri Lanka May
- 9 south east asia 3 weeks in june
- 10 20 days Itinerary Help!
- 11 Japan - 2 itineraries (7days)
- 12 Bali,Java,Borneo 3 weeks
- 13 Japan rough itinerary
- 14 Laos planning.
- 15 Hokkaido and northern Honshu itinerary advice
- 16 Japan for Foodies
- 17 Japan's Kyushu: Takachiho Gorge - Travel Report
- 18 Kamogawa Odori/Aoi Matsuri
- 19 One night in Osaka
- 20 David's Abbreviated Trip Report-Japan, Part 2-Sakura 2017
- 21 Taipei Art Scene - Travel Report
- 22 Advice itinerary trip Thailand/Laos in July
- 23 Singapore weather in August/September
- 24 Across Uzbekistan with MIR
- 25 First time going abroad
Needing quick advice with OCI visa and renunciation certificate