My mother has to travel to India on an emergency in the next week or so. She is a U.S. citizen now. She was naturalized recently. She has an OCI permanent Indian visa. I am hearing that she has to renounce her Indian citizenship before she can step into India even though she has the OCI visa. Is this true? I thought she automatically renounced her Indian citizenship when she became a U.S. citizen and got her OCI visa, right? Where can I get the renunciation form and where do I file it? I need this done ASAP as she has to travel to India on an emergency. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Feedback on Kyushu itinerary
- 2 Japan Itinerary for 12 Nights and 13 Days
- 3 Cancelling trip to Burma; seeking advice for outskirts of Bangkok
- 4 Wild China vs Travel Guide China (or the like)
- 5 For those traveling to Bali soon
- 6 Phuket Beaches
- 7 India itinerary critique please
- 8 Japan Itinerary!
- 9 A short trip report of Vietnam, Dec 2016
- 10 cross from Ketapang in Java to Gilimanuk in Bali
- 11 India for Softies : A slow comfortable tour around some of Northern India
- 12 Magical India
- 13 Best location for snorkelling/ beach/ quiet resort/ great Thai food
- 14 Need for promethium sprayed mosquito nets for SEAsia travel
- 15 Vientiane and ??
- 16 JFK to BKK sale on Qatar
- 17 Possible itinerary - 4 days in Georgia
- 18 16 days in Japan--how to divide time?
- 19 Himachal Pradesh
- 20 Luggage size China ?
- 21 New Vietnam eVisa service
- 22 Thai Elephants
- 23 Is it safe to travel Hong Kong in Oct?
- 24 Myanmar in Five days - Advice please!
- 25 Sri Lanka in August
Needing quick advice with OCI visa and renunciation certificate