My mother has to travel to India on an emergency in the next week or so. She is a U.S. citizen now. She was naturalized recently. She has an OCI permanent Indian visa. I am hearing that she has to renounce her Indian citizenship before she can step into India even though she has the OCI visa. Is this true? I thought she automatically renounced her Indian citizenship when she became a U.S. citizen and got her OCI visa, right? Where can I get the renunciation form and where do I file it? I need this done ASAP as she has to travel to India on an emergency. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 My Japan Travels - Follow-along with me
- 2 Please critique my revised itinerary- July 2017
- 3 Palawan / Marshall Law... should we be concerned?
- 4 6 weeks in Nepal, Bhutan, Borneo and more...
- 5 sri lanka- tips required
- 6 base bangkok or manilla
- 7 Googling to going...to Gujarat!
- 8 Our trip to Japan. Arigato gozaimasu
- 9 Idiotic time zone question
- 10 Christmas in the Alps
- 11 Ending another Asia trip in seattle
- 12 Japan travel during Obon 2017
- 13 Mount Koya
- 14 Sometahing is wrong
- 15 Twin rooms in Japan
- 16 trying to fathom Chinese train travel
- 17 Change my Itinerary?
- 18 New Vietnam eVisa service
- 19 4 weeks trip to South East Asia
- 20 Central Asia: Itinerary Advice
- 21 Where to from Tokyo?!
- 22 Impressions of India
- 23 Sri Lanka Association looking for volunteer
- 24 India - remnants of the British Raj
- 25 Hanoi, Vietnam 1 week
Needing quick advice with OCI visa and renunciation certificate