My mother has to travel to India on an emergency in the next week or so. She is a U.S. citizen now. She was naturalized recently. She has an OCI permanent Indian visa. I am hearing that she has to renounce her Indian citizenship before she can step into India even though she has the OCI visa. Is this true? I thought she automatically renounced her Indian citizenship when she became a U.S. citizen and got her OCI visa, right? Where can I get the renunciation form and where do I file it? I need this done ASAP as she has to travel to India on an emergency. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Japan Itinerary Review
- 2 Kumakaron
- 3 The Mystic East - a tale of hot food, hot weather, airmiles and imodium.
- 4 From Bali--Sumatra or Borneo?
- 5 A Food Obsessive's First Time Hong Kong
- 6 Favorite Andaman coast beach hotels with kids?
- 7 On the road again - to Incredible India.
- 8 Internship in Beijing - 4 weeks Where to stay?
- 9 Hotel Suggestions - New Delhi
- 10 Is Halong Bay too touristy or still worth the visit?
- 11 Road Scholar tour in China
- 12 China in june-July
- 13 Driver for a 18 day trip in Sri Lanka?
- 14 Seeking Help With My Sri Lanka And South India Itinerary: Rough Draft #1
- 15 ? Regarding Can Tho floating market
- 16 Recommended novel for those visiting (or who have visited ) Cambodia
- 17 Bali - What to do?
- 18 China in July
- 19 Seim Reap: hotels?
- 20 How to choose a hotel in Luang Prabang
- 21 Where to go for 3 days in SEA after business meeting in Singapore?
- 22 Problems turned opportunities-Myanmar
- 23 Month in Cambodia and Laos - January 2017
- 24 Where to stay in Tokyo
- 25 Tuk-tuk, songthew or taxi?
Needing quick advice with OCI visa and renunciation certificate