My mother has to travel to India on an emergency in the next week or so. She is a U.S. citizen now. She was naturalized recently. She has an OCI permanent Indian visa. I am hearing that she has to renounce her Indian citizenship before she can step into India even though she has the OCI visa. Is this true? I thought she automatically renounced her Indian citizenship when she became a U.S. citizen and got her OCI visa, right? Where can I get the renunciation form and where do I file it? I need this done ASAP as she has to travel to India on an emergency. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 CNX late arrival?
- 2 currency conversion
- 3 The Mystic East - a tale of hot food, hot weather, airmiles and imodium.
- 4 50th Anniversary trip
- 5 First time in India and Nepal-HELP
- 6 US Citizen Vietnam Visa Help!
- 7 Help - India take 2
- 8 Trip Report: Pandaw’s cruise down the Mekong from China to Laos
- 9 Vietnam - Sa Pa
- 10 Chiang Mai hotel with sweet attentive staff
- 11 The truth about elephant tourism
- 12 Help w/Andaman Sea Itinerary
- 13 Do I need the rabies jab for bali?
- 14 20 things to think about when interacting with animals in Thailand
- 15 Article on assistance for US citizens with difficulties abroad
- 16 Advice for treks/Peak climbing in ladakh end of June
- 17 is this a good travel plan?
- 18 6 nights / 5 days Japan itinerary
- 19 Phenom Penh
- 20 Vientiane Private Tour Guide suggestions?
- 21 Airport taxis in Bangkok
- 22 K2 Base Camp- Concordia Gondogoro La Trek, Unforgettable Experience
- 23 One day in Saigon
- 24 Bali private driver recommendation
- 25 North India Itinerary advice
Needing quick advice with OCI visa and renunciation certificate