I am planning a trip to Japan and Thailand in mid November. I'll start in Japan for 12 days then head to Thailand for 12 days.
I will arrive in Japan by november 17th, is this the best time to observe the autumn colors for the Tokyo and the Kyoto areas or do I need to push it a week earlier or later?
Here is my initial plan, please check it out and let me know what do you think, if any of the destinations can be skipped, replaced or need more time.
There are couple of places that I was thinking to include but not sure if they are worth it to replace any of the destination below, Miyajima, hakone, Matsumoto and Kamikochi
Day 1: Arrive at Tokyo,
Day 2: Tokyo
Day 3: Tokyo
Day 4: Nikko Day trip
Day 5: Leave Tokyo to Shirakawa-go, spend day and leave to Takayama to spend the night
Day 6: Takayama
Day 7: Takayama
Day 8:leave to Kanazwa spend the night
Day 9: Leave to Kyoto
Day 10: Kyoto
Day 11: Nara
Day 12: Kyoto
Thanks a lot for your input
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Tokyo hotel help
- 2 Fethiye to Bodrum
- 3 Vietnam visa
- 4 Izu Peninsula: Ito or Izu?
- 5 The ethics of choosing to visit a repressive country like Myanmar
- 6 Family Friendly Penang
- 7 Train trip costs help please
- 8 Purchasing Kamagawa Odori tickets?
- 9 Weather forecast
- 10 Bali - What to do?
- 11 Across Uzbekistan with MIR
- 12 New Vietnam eVisa service
- 13 Vietnam with kids/teens
- 14 Sri Lanka advice
- 15 First time in Japan - itinerary feedback
- 16 Ryokan in Japan
- 17 Indonesia (other than Bali!)
- 18 Effects of Labour Day & Buddha's Birthday on HK touring?
- 19 Sri Lanka for 13 nights -need advice
- 20 Googling to going...to Gujarat!
- 21 Itinerary & airport help
- 22 Dinner spots for solo traveller
- 23 [Travel to ThaiLand]
- 24 Snapshots From Kerala
- 25 Where to go for 3 days in SEA after business meeting in Singapore?