I am planning a trip to Japan and Thailand in mid November. I'll start in Japan for 12 days then head to Thailand for 12 days.
I will arrive in Japan by november 17th, is this the best time to observe the autumn colors for the Tokyo and the Kyoto areas or do I need to push it a week earlier or later?
Here is my initial plan, please check it out and let me know what do you think, if any of the destinations can be skipped, replaced or need more time.
There are couple of places that I was thinking to include but not sure if they are worth it to replace any of the destination below, Miyajima, hakone, Matsumoto and Kamikochi
Day 1: Arrive at Tokyo,
Day 2: Tokyo
Day 3: Tokyo
Day 4: Nikko Day trip
Day 5: Leave Tokyo to Shirakawa-go, spend day and leave to Takayama to spend the night
Day 6: Takayama
Day 7: Takayama
Day 8:leave to Kanazwa spend the night
Day 9: Leave to Kyoto
Day 10: Kyoto
Day 11: Nara
Day 12: Kyoto
Thanks a lot for your input
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Hoi Ann hotel
- 2 Hotel in Hanoi
- 3 Sim cards and adaptors
- 4 Place to stay Hue
- 5 Good Places to See in Ooty?
- 6 What are the best places to visit in karnataka during November?
- 7 Permit alert Andaman Islands
- 8 First Trip to Japan - help with planning please
- 9 Sapa - current conditions due to typhoon
- 10 Tasting Sri Lanka
- 11 Four Days in South Korea (Incheon and Seoul) with Baby
- 12 First time to Japan - tour or independent trip?
- 13 Trip Report: Malaysia in 2 weeks
- 14 India help needed
- 15 Nywoman an older single traveler explores Taiwan and Japan
- 16 Help with SEAsia itinerary
- 17 Trekking outside Sapa
- 18 Custom Dress and man’s suit made in Hoi Ann
- 19 Advice on where to stay in Luang Prabang
- 20 Need help filling out my itinerary
- 21 6-8 Weeks in South East Asia
- 22 Go to Pai or not?
- 23 Ko Kraden hotels
- 24 Driver needed from Heho airport to Kalaw, from Kalaw to Inle lake
- 25 International Bank Accounts. Have you done this?