I am planning a trip to Japan and Thailand in mid November. I'll start in Japan for 12 days then head to Thailand for 12 days.
I will arrive in Japan by november 17th, is this the best time to observe the autumn colors for the Tokyo and the Kyoto areas or do I need to push it a week earlier or later?
Here is my initial plan, please check it out and let me know what do you think, if any of the destinations can be skipped, replaced or need more time.
There are couple of places that I was thinking to include but not sure if they are worth it to replace any of the destination below, Miyajima, hakone, Matsumoto and Kamikochi
Day 1: Arrive at Tokyo,
Day 2: Tokyo
Day 3: Tokyo
Day 4: Nikko Day trip
Day 5: Leave Tokyo to Shirakawa-go, spend day and leave to Takayama to spend the night
Day 6: Takayama
Day 7: Takayama
Day 8:leave to Kanazwa spend the night
Day 9: Leave to Kyoto
Day 10: Kyoto
Day 11: Nara
Day 12: Kyoto
Thanks a lot for your input
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Japan Cherry Blossom time 2018
- 2 Vietnam visa debate
- 3 Silk Road Tour - China
- 4 Transfers and hotel Hong Kong
- 5 Vietnam visa
- 6 Please help me to start planning a trip to Bhutan
- 7 Bye bye SE Asia
- 8 Thailand/Cambodia/Vietnam 3 weeks itinerary and visa help
- 9 Googling to going...to Gujarat!
- 10 Purchasing Kamagawa Odori tickets?
- 11 Japan - 2 itineraries (7days)
- 12 India Tour Companies
- 13 Train to Sapa from Hanoi
- 14 Laos planning.
- 15 Japan rough itinerary
- 16 Pocket Wi-Fi Speeds (187.5 Mbps v. 75 Mbps)?
- 17 Hotel Claska vs. Prince Sakura Tower
- 18 sri lanka two places, two hotels
- 19 Can buy a JR Pass in Japan
- 20 Last Minute Bali Honeymoon
- 21 One night in Osaka
- 22 14 days Japan itinerary. First timers.
- 23 Japan - costs
- 24 Japan for Foodies
- 25 Planning Honeymoon to Thailand