Me and my husband will be going to Japan for 2 weeks. Its partially planned but need you advice!
March 14th Arriving in Hiroshima to visit our son
March 18th-21st take a train to Kyoto stay for 3 nights
March 21s- Go to Mt Koya stay overnight at Shojoshin-in ( thinking about renting a car
in Kyoto and driving to Mount Koya?
March 22nd to 25th? driving to Takayama (Chubu region)
March 25th to 27th? Tokyo-and flying out from Tokyo the night of the 27th dropping the car off in Tokyo
We would like to rent a car from Kyoto and drop it off in Tokyo as we would like to see the country side and possibly explore through the Chubu region. Do you think this is realistic? Should we drop off the car as soon as we get into Tokyo and then take a train from there\/ If so what train bus package would you suggest as we were planning on taking the train from Hiroshima to Kyoto?
Should we only stay in Mount koya one night?
Where would you suggest we go to in the Chubu region? I was thinking about basing ourselves in Takayama ( and especially if we are driving)and then exploring the countryside
Or should we stay in Tokyo longer?What area would you suggest we stay in Tokyo?
Thank you! Any advice would be most appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Itinerary/tips for 2-3 weeks in Japan in Nov.
- 2 Good fare for US west coast to Japan?
- 3 First timer to Hong Kong, Thailand & Cambodia
- 4 First time in Japan in November - Request Itinerary Help
- 5 3 weeks in Japan
- 6 New Years in Japan
- 7 2 weeks in Vietnam
- 8 Appropriate Dress For The Cultural Triangle
- 9 Touristy Thailand
- 10 Tour company for China and Southeast Asia
- 11 3 Weeks Thailand Itinerary - Advice Sought
- 12 One week in Taiwan (is not enough!)
- 13 Vietnam with kids/teens
- 14 Myanmar tour companies
- 15 Help with 2 week Thailand itinerary
- 16 Understanding beach destinations in Thailand
- 17 A Victory Day Tour
- 18 16 hour layover in Indonesia; what to do?
- 19 Kinosake Onsen Ryokan
- 20 12 days in Thailand itinerary
- 21 One Visa for multiple countries?
- 22 Procuring Letter of Invitation from Kazakhastan for Visa
- 23 Memories: Astana, Expo 2017
- 24 A first time for everything in Japan
- 25 EF tours fired incompetent tour guide