Me and my husband will be going to Japan for 2 weeks. Its partially planned but need you advice!
March 14th Arriving in Hiroshima to visit our son
March 18th-21st take a train to Kyoto stay for 3 nights
March 21s- Go to Mt Koya stay overnight at Shojoshin-in ( thinking about renting a car
in Kyoto and driving to Mount Koya?
March 22nd to 25th? driving to Takayama (Chubu region)
March 25th to 27th? Tokyo-and flying out from Tokyo the night of the 27th dropping the car off in Tokyo
We would like to rent a car from Kyoto and drop it off in Tokyo as we would like to see the country side and possibly explore through the Chubu region. Do you think this is realistic? Should we drop off the car as soon as we get into Tokyo and then take a train from there\/ If so what train bus package would you suggest as we were planning on taking the train from Hiroshima to Kyoto?
Should we only stay in Mount koya one night?
Where would you suggest we go to in the Chubu region? I was thinking about basing ourselves in Takayama ( and especially if we are driving)and then exploring the countryside
Or should we stay in Tokyo longer?What area would you suggest we stay in Tokyo?
Thank you! Any advice would be most appreciated!
Need your Expertise with my Japanese........Itinerary!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Bali Honeymoon. Got 3/4 places decided on, struggling on the last...HELP!
- 2 Planning Japan Trip #2
- 3 Takayama ideas in April?
- 4 4-1/2 days in Seoul
- 5 Cost differences between spring and autumn visits to Japan?
- 6 First Time Visit to Japan in November 2015 - Itinerary Review
- 7 India: A dream trip meets reality for me
- 8 There and back again: a conflicted (and reimagined) India Trip Report
- 9 3 Weeks in Japan - Please critique my itineary
- 10 Help! Selecting a Thai beach!
- 11 India
- 12 Christmas in Kerala? Birthday in Goa?
- 13 Back from a Trip of a Lifetime! Vietnam, Laos and Cambodia!
- 14 Tokyo and Thailand in July
- 15 Update on recent TR's on Mrauk U
- 16 Tokyo to Takayama or Kanazawa
- 17 Vietnam Family Travel Plans
- 18 View from the plane arriving in Singapore then Bali from U.S.
- 19 Penang
- 20 Ideas for an off beaten path trip in Burma
- 21 Myanmar - Our thoughts and experiences from our recent trip
- 22 A week in April; Kyoto and Tokyo?
- 23 At the very beginning stages of planning a trip to Shanghai and Beijing
- 24 Indonesia Itinerary help
- 25 Some Final Thoughts on a Trip to SE Asia