Me and my husband will be going to Japan for 2 weeks. Its partially planned but need you advice!
March 14th Arriving in Hiroshima to visit our son
March 18th-21st take a train to Kyoto stay for 3 nights
March 21s- Go to Mt Koya stay overnight at Shojoshin-in ( thinking about renting a car
in Kyoto and driving to Mount Koya?
March 22nd to 25th? driving to Takayama (Chubu region)
March 25th to 27th? Tokyo-and flying out from Tokyo the night of the 27th dropping the car off in Tokyo
We would like to rent a car from Kyoto and drop it off in Tokyo as we would like to see the country side and possibly explore through the Chubu region. Do you think this is realistic? Should we drop off the car as soon as we get into Tokyo and then take a train from there\/ If so what train bus package would you suggest as we were planning on taking the train from Hiroshima to Kyoto?
Should we only stay in Mount koya one night?
Where would you suggest we go to in the Chubu region? I was thinking about basing ourselves in Takayama ( and especially if we are driving)and then exploring the countryside
Or should we stay in Tokyo longer?What area would you suggest we stay in Tokyo?
Thank you! Any advice would be most appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 2 weeks in Java
- 2 Japan tickets purchased a itinerary help needed
- 3 20 Days In Japan: We survived Sakura!
- 4 Italy from an Asian base
- 5 Tibet and BhutanTour
- 6 Vietnam in January
- 7 Another South East Asian sojourn.
- 8 Where to Layover
- 9 Tokyo & Kyoto
- 10 Interesting destinations for 6 weeks in Jan., Feb., or March
- 11 The Must-see temples in Bali!!
- 12 9 days in Bali
- 13 4.5 days in Singapore
- 14 Blooming chart in Japan
- 15 Travel to India in May?
- 16 Itinerary review: Alpine Route
- 17 Itinerary Review: What do you think?
- 18 Four nights in Kanazawa + Noto Peninsula self drive + Shirakawago stopover
- 19 Saigon: French, War, Now Ho Chi Minh
- 20 Layover in Hong Kong
- 21 Bags are packed for Bangkok!
- 22 A fun week in Bangkok!
- 23 Beach time in Thailand - mid November
- 24 Bus service in Nepal
- 25 2 Weeks in Japan July 2016