Me and my husband will be going to Japan for 2 weeks. Its partially planned but need you advice!
March 14th Arriving in Hiroshima to visit our son
March 18th-21st take a train to Kyoto stay for 3 nights
March 21s- Go to Mt Koya stay overnight at Shojoshin-in ( thinking about renting a car
in Kyoto and driving to Mount Koya?
March 22nd to 25th? driving to Takayama (Chubu region)
March 25th to 27th? Tokyo-and flying out from Tokyo the night of the 27th dropping the car off in Tokyo
We would like to rent a car from Kyoto and drop it off in Tokyo as we would like to see the country side and possibly explore through the Chubu region. Do you think this is realistic? Should we drop off the car as soon as we get into Tokyo and then take a train from there\/ If so what train bus package would you suggest as we were planning on taking the train from Hiroshima to Kyoto?
Should we only stay in Mount koya one night?
Where would you suggest we go to in the Chubu region? I was thinking about basing ourselves in Takayama ( and especially if we are driving)and then exploring the countryside
Or should we stay in Tokyo longer?What area would you suggest we stay in Tokyo?
Thank you! Any advice would be most appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Passport
- 2 Month in Cambodia and Laos - January 2017
- 3 Real Experiences and Travel Agency in Southeast Asia to choose
- 4 Visiting a Country in Mourning
- 5 Hotels in Puri
- 6 Many Questions for 1st Japan Trip
- 7 Siem reap to Sihanoukville flight
- 8 Nywoman single older woman goes to Japan
- 9 Santa Maria Travels and Inle Lake
- 10 Amakusa island help
- 11 Weekend Breaks from Singapore
- 12 Questions re use of Japan Rail Pass and Kyoto itinerary
- 13 Tips for Others Planning to Visit Japan
- 14 Cheapest way to Vietnam, Cambodia or Thailand.
- 15 How would you spend your last few days in Thailand.
- 16 Japan Itinerary
- 17 Complete Asia Newbie - Phnom Penh Itinerary Ideas - Two Weeks
- 18 Are knitting needles allowed on ANA?
- 19 Toddler twin travel in India
- 20 Train vs Taxi from BKK to hotel
- 21 Chinese New Year in Hong Kong
- 22 India for Softies : A slow comfortable tour around some of Northern India
- 23 Vietnam to increase visa cost for Americans
- 24 Help with Kyushu itinerary appreciated.
- 25 Hong Kong - Travel Report