Me and my husband will be going to Japan for 2 weeks. Its partially planned but need you advice!
March 14th Arriving in Hiroshima to visit our son
March 18th-21st take a train to Kyoto stay for 3 nights
March 21s- Go to Mt Koya stay overnight at Shojoshin-in ( thinking about renting a car
in Kyoto and driving to Mount Koya?
March 22nd to 25th? driving to Takayama (Chubu region)
March 25th to 27th? Tokyo-and flying out from Tokyo the night of the 27th dropping the car off in Tokyo
We would like to rent a car from Kyoto and drop it off in Tokyo as we would like to see the country side and possibly explore through the Chubu region. Do you think this is realistic? Should we drop off the car as soon as we get into Tokyo and then take a train from there\/ If so what train bus package would you suggest as we were planning on taking the train from Hiroshima to Kyoto?
Should we only stay in Mount koya one night?
Where would you suggest we go to in the Chubu region? I was thinking about basing ourselves in Takayama ( and especially if we are driving)and then exploring the countryside
Or should we stay in Tokyo longer?What area would you suggest we stay in Tokyo?
Thank you! Any advice would be most appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 First time to Japan for 19 year old and Mom (me)
- 2 Need some help with my final itinerary
- 3 A 6-week waking dream in North and South India.
- 4 Looking for Serviced apt.
- 5 Bucket List Trip: Bali, Angkor Wat,Japan
- 6 Are Alexander+Roberts China Tours Any Good?
- 7 In Seoul for one day
- 8 Some notes about South Korea
- 9 Bhutan with Aman hotels, worth it?
- 10 A great trip in India
- 11 Help with hotel in Saigon - An Lam Saigon River or Hotel des Arts??
- 12 Another first-timer. Does this work?
- 13 "China Eastern Airline" is it really bad??
- 14 A Memorable Solo Month in Singapore, Java, and Bali
- 15 Yogyakarta - Prambanan and Borobudur Travel Report
- 16 Thoughts on this itinerary
- 17 Hanoi - SaPa - Hue
- 18 It can be cheap but awesome!
- 19 Totally unprepared
- 20 Help plan my 11 days trip to Thailand
- 21 Shanghai Airpor overnight
- 22 Chengdu, China - Giant Panda Research Base Travel Report
- 23 Rental Car Bali
- 24 1 day in Bangkok Itinerary for Honeymoon
- 25 Kyoto & Tokyo tips