Hello all! So...my daughter is heading to Taiwan on a last-minute itinerary change. She's leaving Shanghai as I type and was originally going to Japan, hence the itinerary change. She'll be in Taiwan for 2 days and 2 nights...porting in on Monday (can't count on disembarking 'til late morning) and leaving Wednesday night. As she doesn't have internet access, she's asked me to plan a trip. Very briefly she said that she wanted to go to Taroko Gorge and also to rent scooters and travel up and down Routes 11 and 9, and maybe camping along the way. She got this idea somewhere but I can't find any information. She loves the outdoors and wanted to go off the beaten track. Any way to do this? Tour groups? She was thinking about an express train to get her to the southwest of Taiwan. Any help or recommendations would be greatly appreciated. In researching Taiwan, I think she should go to Taipai for a day and see the Palace (National?) Museum, then spend a day at the Gorge, then the last day she can hike in Yangmingshan Nat'l Park and get back on the ship. Don't know if I can talk her into that. Thanks ahead of time for the assistance!
Need urgent help planning Taiwan trip!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Transport logistics: Kyoto, Hiroshima/Miyajima, Kyushu
- 2 Would appreciate your comments on my Vietnam itinerary
- 3 looking for a great hotel in K.L./ Lost camera!!!!!!!
- 4 Myanmar - A Visit to a Country in Transition
- 5 Short trip to Bangkok via Dubai
- 6 Problems booking a hotel in Tokyo
- 7 4-5 days in SE Asia
- 8 Kyushu & Honshu Fall 2011
- 9 Where did you exchange dollars for Rupees??
- 10 Halong Bay Tour - Is there another day tour you recommend instead?
- 11 1st time Japan - solo female
- 12 Please share the things you liked in Hanoi and Hoi An
- 13 David's Trip Report--Japan- November 2013
- 14 From Singapore to NZ: A Remarkable Safari Through Time and Across Cultures
- 15 3 weeks in Japan- Finalized... I think
- 16 Travelling to Thailand from U.S. this June/July
- 17 Odyssey unlimited
- 18 Myanmar Trip Report: Is It "Too Late" To Go?
- 19 Best of NHK - Video Streaming
- 20 Myanmar Burma travel agent
- 21 Travels in Tumultuous Thailand, languid Luang Prabang & Smiling Siem Reap
- 22 Need your Expertise with my Japanese........Itinerary!
- 23 Itinerary set: Now some logistical questions on first time trip to Japan
- 24 Great trip to Myanmar, Bangkok and Hong Kong
- 25 1 week in North and Central Vietnam in February