I am planning a quick trip 6 night trip to Japan for this October. I am thinking of staying 3 nights in Tokyo, then taking the bullet train to Kyoto to stay 3 nights.
This will be my first time to Japan and I am not familiar with either region. I will need to rely on public transportation while I am there. Can you please provide suggestions on places and sections of town to stay. I am a guy in my mid-30s. I am really interested in experiencing the traditional and cultural aspects of Japan, and I’m trying to avoid “touristy” hotels. I was also looking into staying at a Traditional Ryokan at least a portion of my trip. Has anyone done this? Any suggestions or feedback?
In Tokyo, I’m looking to also experience some of the night life and the big city and party a bit.
In Kyoto, I would like to see the ancient cites, experience Japanese Zen Buddhist Philosophy, visit the gardens, attend a tea ceremony, and relax.
Please respond with suggestions.
Thank you in advance for the help!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 bellsouth Installation Contact 1:800:681:7208 bellsouth Tec*h care 24/7
- 2 Tasting Sri Lanka
- 3 Remote Control Truck
- 4 Hotel Chang Mai
- 5 Solo female : Bali or Thailand?
- 6 Advising hotels of time of arrival?
- 7 Bangkok Hotel- near BTS & late check out
- 8 Floods in North and Central Vietnam
- 9 A comprehensive guide for tourists visiting North Goa
- 10 Bhutan paro Tshechu
- 11 Thailand
- 12 Vietnam to increase visa cost for Americans
- 13 process for arriving in Narita airport
- 14 Nywoman an older single traveler explores Taiwan and Japan
- 15 So excited - going to Siem Reap
- 16 Kindly request/need 30 days Thailand+Vietnam itineary advice
- 17 Help with SEAsia itinerary
- 18 Ankor Wat - sunset , sunrise, itinerary
- 19 Hotel in Hanoi
- 20 India help needed
- 21 Beach hotel Thailand
- 22 Cruise to Vietnam -Excursions from cruise terminal
- 23 Permit alert Andaman Islands
- 24 Sim cards and adaptors
- 25 Singapor/Malaysia/Thailand trip - Need advices!