I am planning a quick trip 6 night trip to Japan for this October. I am thinking of staying 3 nights in Tokyo, then taking the bullet train to Kyoto to stay 3 nights.
This will be my first time to Japan and I am not familiar with either region. I will need to rely on public transportation while I am there. Can you please provide suggestions on places and sections of town to stay. I am a guy in my mid-30s. I am really interested in experiencing the traditional and cultural aspects of Japan, and I’m trying to avoid “touristy” hotels. I was also looking into staying at a Traditional Ryokan at least a portion of my trip. Has anyone done this? Any suggestions or feedback?
In Tokyo, I’m looking to also experience some of the night life and the big city and party a bit.
In Kyoto, I would like to see the ancient cites, experience Japanese Zen Buddhist Philosophy, visit the gardens, attend a tea ceremony, and relax.
Please respond with suggestions.
Thank you in advance for the help!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 verizon@ Password Reset CONTACT ☎ 1:800:982:8520 tec*h 24/7
- 2 Hp@ printer ErrOrs CONTACT ☎ 1:800:681:7208 Tec*h CAre 24/7
- 3 hiking japan sept
- 4 Himeji Castle - luggage storage
- 5 Terracotta Warriors
- 6 Trip Report: Second Time to Japan - Sakura, Gardens and Castles
- 7 Japan - itinerary help needed!
- 8 Renting 4G Wi-Fi Device in Korea
- 9 The best way to My Son
- 10 Japan Itinerary!
- 11 Across Uzbekistan with MIR
- 12 Destinations like Ubud or Seminyak in Bali?
- 13 Travel from Busan to Seoul by bus
- 14 Kyoto Temples and Imperial Palace - Travel Report
- 15 trying to fathom Chinese train travel
- 16 Travelling the Silk Road - Trip Report
- 17 Cooking class/Food Tour/Fish market tour
- 18 Japan rough itinerary
- 19 Bangkok- Sky Bars
- 20 2 weeks in Asia with my adult kids Xmas
- 21 Please recommend a hotel in Mumbai
- 22 Japan Itinerary Help Needed
- 23 Bangkok- Dinner Cruises
- 24 shanghai for 4 days
- 25 Budget Servied Apt