I am planning a quick trip 6 night trip to Japan for this October. I am thinking of staying 3 nights in Tokyo, then taking the bullet train to Kyoto to stay 3 nights.
This will be my first time to Japan and I am not familiar with either region. I will need to rely on public transportation while I am there. Can you please provide suggestions on places and sections of town to stay. I am a guy in my mid-30s. I am really interested in experiencing the traditional and cultural aspects of Japan, and I’m trying to avoid “touristy” hotels. I was also looking into staying at a Traditional Ryokan at least a portion of my trip. Has anyone done this? Any suggestions or feedback?
In Tokyo, I’m looking to also experience some of the night life and the big city and party a bit.
In Kyoto, I would like to see the ancient cites, experience Japanese Zen Buddhist Philosophy, visit the gardens, attend a tea ceremony, and relax.
Please respond with suggestions.
Thank you in advance for the help!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 One night in Osaka
- 2 Japan Cherry Blossom 2018
- 3 14 days Japan itinerary. First timers.
- 4 Japan for Foodies
- 5 David's Abbreviated Trip Report-Japan, Part 2-Sakura 2017
- 6 Taipei Art Scene - Travel Report
- 7 Advice itinerary trip Thailand/Laos in July
- 8 Singapore weather in August/September
- 9 Across Uzbekistan with MIR
- 10 Japan's Kyushu: Takachiho Gorge - Travel Report
- 11 First time going abroad
- 12 Sapporo to Lake Akan
- 13 First Time to Japan..Itin Advice Needed
- 14 sri lanka two places, two hotels
- 15 Backpacking on a budget
- 16 Googling to going...to Gujarat!
- 17 10 Days in Japan- Itinerary Review
- 18 travel to shirakawago from kyoto
- 19 Do It Yourself/No taxi Tour in China?
- 20 electric plug
- 21 Day trips from Sapporo
- 22 Etiquette in Japan
- 23 Northern Thailand Options
- 24 Kurashiki versus Kosanji Temple
- 25 Bhutan travel operator and number of days