Hello---My husband and I are tentatively planning a trip to Bali for August/September 2014. I am just starting to get a handle on things and had a few basic questions to get us started. We are planning on 10 days or so total. We want a relatively relaxing pace, so were thinking of targeting three locales: 1) Nusa Dua (my husband has many hotel points for the Conrad Hilton there), 2) Ubud, and 3) Tulamben (we are avid scuba divers). If we are flying in/out of Denpasar, which order should we visit these three places? What is the most efficient/common way to travel between these three areas? I didn't have a sense of distance. Last but not least, do you have any hotel recommendations for Tulamben or Ubud? My budget isn't unlimited, but this trip is for my 40th birthday, so are looking for high-end level accommodations. Kind thanks for your help!
Need Help with Bali Basics: Itinerary and Hotels
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 General question
- 2 Japan Itinerary for May
- 3 Questions on Places to See in Burma
- 4 Transport logistics: Kyoto, Hiroshima/Miyajima, Kyushu
- 5 Halong Bay Tour - Is there another day tour you recommend instead?
- 6 Visa Arrived..off to India!!!
- 7 Great trip to Myanmar, Bangkok and Hong Kong
- 8 Train Travel During Golden Week
- 9 Staying in Hong Kong but want to visit Shenzen
- 10 Purchasing a Nozomi train ticket - Tokyo to Kyoto
- 11 South Korea 5 days
- 12 Myanmar (Burma) Trip Report
- 13 Thai island escape
- 14 Travels in Tumultuous Thailand, languid Luang Prabang & Smiling Siem Reap
- 15 Plans changed: 3 weeks two festivals
- 16 Please share the things you liked in Hanoi and Hoi An
- 17 Bout Phi Phi to Phuket
- 18 Phuket Hotel
- 19 First timer trying to prepare for trip of a lifetime: BURMA
- 20 Glovers 2 month India adventure has begun!
- 21 Jaipur--Jas Vilas or Royal Heritge Haveli ?
- 22 Shanghai, reasonable hotel near the Bund and public transport
- 23 What are good things to buy while in Shanghai China
- 24 Trip Report Kerala: Backwaters & Beach (DEC 2013)
- 25 Delving into Kyushu, plus Osaka, Kyoto, Kurashiki, and Tokyo