My husband and I are taking a 21 day trip to China (our first to Asia) this August. Yes we know it will be hot! We have tentatively decided our main points of interest but we have about 4-6 unaccounted for days that we can't decide how to use. Hoping to get your opinions on which of several options would be the best for us.
I should note that due to the nature of our jobs and several other factors, we aren't sure if we'll make it back to China again. So while we definitely don't want to over-do it, we really want to get a nice range of what China has to offer. Also, we don't care for museums and instead prefer culture and natural scenery.
Here’s what we have so far: (14-16 days plus any needed travel time)
- 2-3 Days: Shanghai/Water town: We don't have a ton of interest in Shanghai (it was the cheapest ticket) and view it mainly as a place to recover from jetlag.
- 4-5 Days: Beijing and Great Wall.
-1-2 days: Xian- We mainly want to see the Terracotta Warriors and Muslim Quarter; could skip the rest
- 5 days: Yangshuo & Rice Terraces (3 days Yangshuo, 2 for rice terraces)
- 1 day- Hong Kong- arrive day before flight leaves. No major plans here (again, it was the cheapest ticket).
Please help us decide between the following options for our remaining 4-6 days. We can afford about 2 internal flights at some point. The rest will probably need to be by train.:
(1) Overnight from Xian to Chengdu; 1 day Chengdu, 2 days Leshan & Emeishan (is that sufficient to hike at least part of Emeishan?). Then likely fly to Guilin.
(2) Add in Pingyao as we travel between Beijing and Xian? Not sure what else we would include with this option but Pingyao looks cool.
(3) Head to Zhangjiajie/Wulingyuan, Fenghuan, Dehang after we leave Xian. Would probably hire a guide to help with this.
(4) Yunnan Province? Lijang? We think it looks awesome but are under the impression this wouldn't be feasible in our itinerary. Is that an accurate impression?
(5) Are there other mountain areas or monastaries/temples on our route that we haven’t mentioned that would fit well in our plans ?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 http://www.ibwpro.com/beauty-wrinkle-reducer/
- 2 sri lanka two places, two hotels
- 3 Last Minute Bali Honeymoon
- 4 Pocket Wi-Fi Speeds (187.5 Mbps v. 75 Mbps)?
- 5 Japan rough itinerary
- 6 Bye bye SE Asia
- 7 14 days Japan itinerary. First timers.
- 8 Hotel Claska vs. Prince Sakura Tower
- 9 Laos planning.
- 10 Impressions of India
- 11 Japan - costs
- 12 Japan for Foodies
- 13 Planning Honeymoon to Thailand
- 14 3 week SE Asia itinerary
- 15 Can buy a JR Pass in Japan
- 16 Japan Rail Pass
- 17 First Time to Japan..Itin Advice Needed
- 18 south east asia 3 weeks in june
- 19 Japan Cherry Blossom 2018
- 20 Sri Lanka May
- 21 20 days Itinerary Help!
- 22 Japan - 2 itineraries (7days)
- 23 Hokkaido and northern Honshu itinerary advice
- 24 Japan's Kyushu: Takachiho Gorge - Travel Report
- 25 Kamogawa Odori/Aoi Matsuri