I am planning my next trip to Japan on May 2014. A friend and I heard about the JR Pass and we tried to look it online on how to use the pass. However, I am a bit lost on how exactly to use it. Our trip will be Tokyo - Osaka - Tokyo with maximizing day trips in between. We are planning to have full 10 days there and might visit mt. Fuji, Gotemba, Hakone, Nara, and Kyoto. The question is: is the JR Pass can be used in ANY kind of train transportation? Like we say, between stations, or is it only can be used on shinkansen? We tried to google it, but apparently we cannot find any explanation. Next, is it easy to use? One of our concern is being totally lost in translation. Both of us cannot speak any Japanese. Lastly, is it cheaper to buy the pass or should we just buy the tickets on the spot? What is the payment mechanism? We pay per trip or we just deposit some money and the ticket price will be deducted on a card?
Thank you travelers... Hope i can hear from you soon...
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 BUY REAL & FAKE PASSPORTS(firstname.lastname@example.org) ETC
- 2 Vietnam - Quy Nhon
- 3 Hoi An in December?
- 4 Bali airport transportation
- 5 Feedback--First Time in Japan, 3 weeks
- 6 Japan 1 day Trek in Winter
- 7 David's First Draft Itinerary for Sakura 2017
- 8 New Hua Hin Marriott Resort & Spa
- 9 A 6-week waking dream in North and South India.
- 10 Fodor's Boston GTG
- 11 6 days itinerary advise - which company to book ?
- 12 1 day in Bangkok Itinerary for Honeymoon
- 13 1 Month SE Asia itinerary.
- 14 China visa 60 day limit--leave for weekend?
- 15 Corbett Wildlife Park
- 16 6 weeks in Cambodia and Laos with an unplanned itinerary
- 17 Passport for Indonesia
- 18 Planning for 1 week in Vietnam
- 19 Henry's---tailor in Bangkok....
- 20 Is this crazy?
- 21 Dollar traveller cheques
- 22 Jews in China. Who knew?
- 23 India help with where to go
- 24 How to book domestic tickets/hotels in Burma.
- 25 Getting to Hoi An from Hue