I am planning my next trip to Japan on May 2014. A friend and I heard about the JR Pass and we tried to look it online on how to use the pass. However, I am a bit lost on how exactly to use it. Our trip will be Tokyo - Osaka - Tokyo with maximizing day trips in between. We are planning to have full 10 days there and might visit mt. Fuji, Gotemba, Hakone, Nara, and Kyoto. The question is: is the JR Pass can be used in ANY kind of train transportation? Like we say, between stations, or is it only can be used on shinkansen? We tried to google it, but apparently we cannot find any explanation. Next, is it easy to use? One of our concern is being totally lost in translation. Both of us cannot speak any Japanese. Lastly, is it cheaper to buy the pass or should we just buy the tickets on the spot? What is the payment mechanism? We pay per trip or we just deposit some money and the ticket price will be deducted on a card?
Thank you travelers... Hope i can hear from you soon...
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Vietnam to increase visa cost for Americans
- 2 Jan-March: TH, HK, JP?
- 3 India Safari 2017
- 4 India in March and April??
- 5 Datong in Winter
- 6 Our trip to the Republic of Georgia
- 7 Yes, They Are wearing black in Bangkok
- 8 Places to Buy Japanese Whisky - Kyoto and Tokyo
- 9 haneda hotel
- 10 Visiting a Country in Mourning
- 11 Rishikesh, India
- 12 Southeast Asia - 15 Nights Itinerary
- 13 3 days around Krabi - Best Beach to stay?
- 14 maldives safe for woman traveling alone?
- 15 Japan-best mobile wifi router?
- 16 K2 Base Camp- Concordia Gondogoro La Trek, Unforgettable Experience
- 17 Siem reap to Sihanoukville flight
- 18 Japan- National Holiday
- 19 Planning a trek to Sikkim amid 16-21 of December 2016
- 20 Nywoman single older woman goes to Japan
- 21 5 nights in Kerala or Chennai?
- 22 Santa Maria Travels and Inle Lake
- 23 Japan, Hong Kong, Singapore - advise is needed
- 24 Something out of the ordinary to do in Thailand
- 25 Many Questions for 1st Japan Trip