I am planning my next trip to Japan on May 2014. A friend and I heard about the JR Pass and we tried to look it online on how to use the pass. However, I am a bit lost on how exactly to use it. Our trip will be Tokyo - Osaka - Tokyo with maximizing day trips in between. We are planning to have full 10 days there and might visit mt. Fuji, Gotemba, Hakone, Nara, and Kyoto. The question is: is the JR Pass can be used in ANY kind of train transportation? Like we say, between stations, or is it only can be used on shinkansen? We tried to google it, but apparently we cannot find any explanation. Next, is it easy to use? One of our concern is being totally lost in translation. Both of us cannot speak any Japanese. Lastly, is it cheaper to buy the pass or should we just buy the tickets on the spot? What is the payment mechanism? We pay per trip or we just deposit some money and the ticket price will be deducted on a card?
Thank you travelers... Hope i can hear from you soon...
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Airport taxis in Bangkok
- 2 3 weeks: solo travel to Thailand (with stop in Hong Kong and Tokyo)?
- 3 DC to Dubai 3 nts, Tokyo 6 nts. Kyoto day trip? Itinerary thoughts?
- 4 Vietnam - Sa Pa
- 5 Kerala trip
- 6 Myanmaromestic flights and transport :cash :guide/travel agency i
- 7 E Visa for India?
- 8 1-2 months South East Asia
- 9 6 weeks: Thailand & Laos. Itinery review?
- 10 Help - India.
- 11 Nice article on Macau in the NYT
- 12 Our trip to Japan. Arigato gozaimasu
- 13 Halong Bay or Bagan?
- 14 Help w/Andaman Sea Itinerary
- 15 Are 8 days enough for this itinerary ?
- 16 Side trips from Taipei
- 17 Georgia and Armenia trip
- 18 Urgent advice appreciated-Myanmar 9 days
- 19 relaxing 5-6 day vacation in sri lanka
- 20 Bicycling in Vietnam
- 21 Thailand Advice Please
- 22 The Indian money crunch.
- 23 Crossing Myanmar with own car (Thailand -> India) in Aug or Sep 2014
- 24 Myanmar Itinerary review and advise!
- 25 Nara or Hiroshima?