I am planning my next trip to Japan on May 2014. A friend and I heard about the JR Pass and we tried to look it online on how to use the pass. However, I am a bit lost on how exactly to use it. Our trip will be Tokyo - Osaka - Tokyo with maximizing day trips in between. We are planning to have full 10 days there and might visit mt. Fuji, Gotemba, Hakone, Nara, and Kyoto. The question is: is the JR Pass can be used in ANY kind of train transportation? Like we say, between stations, or is it only can be used on shinkansen? We tried to google it, but apparently we cannot find any explanation. Next, is it easy to use? One of our concern is being totally lost in translation. Both of us cannot speak any Japanese. Lastly, is it cheaper to buy the pass or should we just buy the tickets on the spot? What is the payment mechanism? We pay per trip or we just deposit some money and the ticket price will be deducted on a card?
Thank you travelers... Hope i can hear from you soon...
Need an enlightment on JR Pass usage PLEASE...
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Safe for solo female travel in Malaysia?
- 2 A week of blue skies in Beijing, who would've guessed?
- 3 How would you do Hiroshima & Miyajima if can only stay 1 night in Miyajima?
- 4 Phillipines: itinerary suggestions
- 5 The City, the River, the Jungle: Our Holiday in Kuching - Borneo
- 6 Palawan, Philippines-TOP island to visit in the world re: El NIdo,Underground River, Tubatahha Reef
- 7 What I like about Mumbai
- 8 Where to stay for 2-3 nights between Tsumago and Hakone April 2015
- 9 Sumatra for 2 weeks in December
- 10 Final Itinerary Kyoto area through Kamakura (skipping Tokyo this trip)
- 11 A hero in Myanmar: A man who does his job
- 12 Itinerary for Second Visit to Japan
- 13 Japan Itinerary Help Please! 4.5-4.17
- 14 Thailand mid-December
- 15 "Naga New Year Festival 2015"
- 16 Indian visa
- 17 Can you HELP with figuring out United Miles and how to get them SF-Bangkok?
- 18 First trip to Japan-17 night Itinerary in Cherry Blossom season
- 19 US citizens applying for India visa--take care which website you use
- 20 One week in Thailand
- 21 Is Asiana Airlines safe?
- 22 Vietnam Visa on Arrival - Help
- 23 Kyoto: hotel choices, guides,day trip to Nara
- 24 Which is better with kids, Dubai or Singapore ?
- 25 Burma - Our Mad Dash Across Too Much