I am planning my next trip to Japan on May 2014. A friend and I heard about the JR Pass and we tried to look it online on how to use the pass. However, I am a bit lost on how exactly to use it. Our trip will be Tokyo - Osaka - Tokyo with maximizing day trips in between. We are planning to have full 10 days there and might visit mt. Fuji, Gotemba, Hakone, Nara, and Kyoto. The question is: is the JR Pass can be used in ANY kind of train transportation? Like we say, between stations, or is it only can be used on shinkansen? We tried to google it, but apparently we cannot find any explanation. Next, is it easy to use? One of our concern is being totally lost in translation. Both of us cannot speak any Japanese. Lastly, is it cheaper to buy the pass or should we just buy the tickets on the spot? What is the payment mechanism? We pay per trip or we just deposit some money and the ticket price will be deducted on a card?
Thank you travelers... Hope i can hear from you soon...
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 +91-9694102888 How To Get An Ex Back (Even If She Has A Boyfriend)
- 2 (+27)815220148 "spiritual healer%love psychic" - super traditional KwaMashu
- 3 Our trip to Japan. Arigato gozaimasu
- 4 Idiotic time zone question
- 5 Christmas in the Alps
- 6 Ending another Asia trip in seattle
- 7 Japan travel during Obon 2017
- 8 Palawan / Marshall Law... should we be concerned?
- 9 Mount Koya
- 10 Sometahing is wrong
- 11 Please critique my revised itinerary- July 2017
- 12 Twin rooms in Japan
- 13 My Japan Travels - Follow-along with me
- 14 trying to fathom Chinese train travel
- 15 Googling to going...to Gujarat!
- 16 sri lanka- tips required
- 17 base bangkok or manilla
- 18 Change my Itinerary?
- 19 New Vietnam eVisa service
- 20 6 weeks in Nepal, Bhutan, Borneo and more...
- 21 4 weeks trip to South East Asia
- 22 Central Asia: Itinerary Advice
- 23 Where to from Tokyo?!
- 24 Impressions of India
- 25 Sri Lanka Association looking for volunteer