Some of the hotels we have booked have only wired/ LAN connections in the rooms and some have WIFI. I have an Apple I Pod which I assume I can use with the WIFI. If I want to use the hard wired connection in the room, I assume I need to bring a light weight computer, which I willI need to purchase. I want to use it only to connect with the internet to check train schedules and to access emails. Any recommendations for such a computer for under $300 would be appreciated. (I have an expensive lap top for home use, but I do not travel with it). As you can probably tell, I am not computer savy. Please help. We leave for Japan in 9 days.
Need advice re buying a computer for our Japan trip
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 2 Weeks in Thailand - Looking for suggestions
- 2 Phuket Reniassaince/The Shore in November-swimmable beach?
- 3 Wedding anniversary in Bali
- 4 Snow Monkeys in Japan
- 5 possible trip for family of 4 to Japan over New Years. Is it worth trying?
- 6 Mekong River Cruises
- 7 swim after Christmas at Hoi An vietnam?
- 8 16 days in Vietnam
- 9 Nancy Chandler maps
- 10 Silver shops on New Road behind the Oriental Hotel. Bangkok
- 11 2-3 days to spend near Shanghai: Hangzhou or Monganshan?
- 12 Elephants in Northern Thailand
- 13 Medical/supplemental insurance for India
- 14 15 days in Japan in March/April
- 15 Jet Lagged in Mumbai
- 16 13 Hour layover in KL, never visited city before, ideas?
- 17 Free Sumo ticket in Fukuoka November 21
- 18 Do we need to reserve trains far in advance or just rock up to Station?
- 19 Help re. Visa.
- 20 Bangkok/Phuket hotel and suggestions to do?
- 21 getting from Chiang Mai to Kanchanaburi
- 22 Hong Kong, Thailand Skin products
- 23 Loy Krathong - do you need tickets?
- 24 Ranthambore - where to stay?
- 25 Advice on Tipping in Bali