Some of the hotels we have booked have only wired/ LAN connections in the rooms and some have WIFI. I have an Apple I Pod which I assume I can use with the WIFI. If I want to use the hard wired connection in the room, I assume I need to bring a light weight computer, which I willI need to purchase. I want to use it only to connect with the internet to check train schedules and to access emails. Any recommendations for such a computer for under $300 would be appreciated. (I have an expensive lap top for home use, but I do not travel with it). As you can probably tell, I am not computer savy. Please help. We leave for Japan in 9 days.
Need advice re buying a computer for our Japan trip
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Restaurants in Singapore
- 2 Bangkok, here I come! Yes, again!!
- 3 Trip Report: Second Time to Japan - Sakura, Gardens and Castles
- 4 Kyoto for 3 full days - help with itinerary suggestions!
- 5 Seeking suggestions for our Nepal time in November. Do we need masks?
- 6 Where to go?
- 7 Kerala, India - 10 day holiday
- 8 2015 Cherry Blossom Forecast Published
- 9 Comment please re stops during drive from Chiang Rai to Chiang Khong
- 10 suggestions for 3 adults sharing 1 room in Japan
- 11 S E Asia part of our Round the World Trip
- 12 Mt Wutai or Mt Tai
- 13 Which airport for Tokyo
- 14 Victoria Peak Hong Kong Question
- 15 Saturday or Sunday for guided tour not too far from Chiang Mai?
- 16 MSG in Hong Kong?
- 17 newbie solo traveler! budget traveling Japan for a month
- 18 Rain in Hong Kong next week
- 19 Private transfer from Amritsar to Wahga Border
- 20 India at the end of May
- 21 Books on Japanese mythology or novels inspired by it
- 22 14 Days in Myanmar over the Holidays
- 23 should i stay in Bali longer for the july 15 holiday ?
- 24 Great Wall hike
- 25 Georgia e-visa application