Some of the hotels we have booked have only wired/ LAN connections in the rooms and some have WIFI. I have an Apple I Pod which I assume I can use with the WIFI. If I want to use the hard wired connection in the room, I assume I need to bring a light weight computer, which I willI need to purchase. I want to use it only to connect with the internet to check train schedules and to access emails. Any recommendations for such a computer for under $300 would be appreciated. (I have an expensive lap top for home use, but I do not travel with it). As you can probably tell, I am not computer savy. Please help. We leave for Japan in 9 days.
Need advice re buying a computer for our Japan trip
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 GOING TO SE ASIA , NEED HELP
- 2 Please help me plan 3.5 weeks in South Korea
- 3 Trip Report : Incredible India!
- 4 Sixteen Day in South Korea
- 5 April in Bangkok, again!
- 6 Recs for Tokyo hotels
- 7 osaka to kobe frrom ship to ship
- 8 Problems at 12,000'
- 9 Spring trip to Tokyo and Kyoto -10 days
- 10 Best Time of Year to Visit Ko Samui/Krabi (Weather)
- 11 12 day split between Beijing and Shanghai
- 12 Which Putu in Bali????
- 13 Biting the India bullet...well, maybe...
- 14 Japan, japan
- 15 Have you stayed at Outrigger Laguna Beach Resort Phuket?
- 16 Bangkok, Luang Prabang, Luang Say, Chiang Rai, Singapore (but no Siem Reap)
- 17 Flying from place to place in Asia - here's our plan with questions
- 18 Hong Kong restaurants
- 19 Hotels in Hong Kong
- 20 India for 2 weeks in December/January
- 21 Drinking cheap in Singapore
- 22 Has anyone done a houseboat trip in Kerala
- 23 Bali trip - Places to visit outside of Bali / SE Asia
- 24 SE Asia July/August - more itinerary advice needed
- 25 what gifts to take to host in Cambodia from the U.D.