Some of the hotels we have booked have only wired/ LAN connections in the rooms and some have WIFI. I have an Apple I Pod which I assume I can use with the WIFI. If I want to use the hard wired connection in the room, I assume I need to bring a light weight computer, which I willI need to purchase. I want to use it only to connect with the internet to check train schedules and to access emails. Any recommendations for such a computer for under $300 would be appreciated. (I have an expensive lap top for home use, but I do not travel with it). As you can probably tell, I am not computer savy. Please help. We leave for Japan in 9 days.
Need advice re buying a computer for our Japan trip
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Which is better with kids, Dubai or Singapore ?
- 2 Burma - Our Mad Dash Across Too Much
- 3 Can you HELP with figuring out United Miles and how to get them SF-Bangkok?
- 4 Assistance planning remaining 5 days in South Thailand
- 5 First trip to China ! Need help with itinerary
- 6 A week of blue skies in Beijing, who would've guessed?
- 7 Mangalore, India as cruise stop…seems underwhelming
- 8 Japan Itinerary Help Please! 4.5-4.17
- 9 How would you do Hiroshima & Miyajima if can only stay 1 night in Miyajima?
- 10 Final Itinerary Kyoto area through Kamakura (skipping Tokyo this trip)
- 11 First trip to Japan-17 night Itinerary in Cherry Blossom season
- 12 Which to see first - Kyoto or Tokyo?
- 13 Indian visa
- 14 13 Hour layover in KL, never visited city before, ideas?
- 15 The City, the River, the Jungle: Our Holiday in Kuching - Borneo
- 16 Hello from Thailand - I'm here!
- 17 Is Asiana Airlines safe?
- 18 Art in Shanghai
- 19 Dress code in India
- 20 One week in India
- 21 Wedding anniversary in Bali
- 22 Bali for 10 days need help with budget
- 23 help me plan my first trip to japan!
- 24 Shoe/sock étiquette for temple viewing
- 25 Japan--Visiting Saihoji (Moss Temple)