Some of the hotels we have booked have only wired/ LAN connections in the rooms and some have WIFI. I have an Apple I Pod which I assume I can use with the WIFI. If I want to use the hard wired connection in the room, I assume I need to bring a light weight computer, which I willI need to purchase. I want to use it only to connect with the internet to check train schedules and to access emails. Any recommendations for such a computer for under $300 would be appreciated. (I have an expensive lap top for home use, but I do not travel with it). As you can probably tell, I am not computer savy. Please help. We leave for Japan in 9 days.
Need advice re buying a computer for our Japan trip
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Hotel in Singapore
- 2 Cooking in Chiang Mai & Driving Around Northern Thailand
- 3 Plans for Nepal/Bhutan continued: how does this sound??
- 4 Visa Cambodia
- 5 Thailand,Cambodia,Vietnam Itinerary ***Open to any suggestions
- 6 Our favorite hotels and restaurants of Bali – Ubud, Amed, Pemuteran
- 7 New Thailand Visa Rules Effective Aug/29/2014
- 8 Two questions about Thailand
- 9 Help! Taking Prescription Drugs Into Japan
- 10 Any new BKK hotels or with new mgt. worth checking on?
- 11 Red River Delta in Viet Nam: A Good Idea for a Day Trip from Hanoi?
- 12 Myanmar Trip Report: Is It "Too Late" To Go?
- 13 Mad Dash Across Too Much - Sri Lanka Not Bangladesh
- 14 meeting at beijing airport
- 15 Bali - January 2015
- 16 Where to eat a traditional Korean banquet in Seoul?
- 17 Custom made women's wool slacks in Seoul
- 18 Guide cum Driver in Kolkata
- 19 Reading Suggestion for Burma
- 20 Bali in begging of July
- 21 Bali and Java - 24 September to 23 October 2014
- 22 Travelling in China at Christmas
- 23 Sapphire princess cruise from Singapore
- 24 Which itinerary Vietnam ?
- 25 fun travel buddy wanted - se asia nov/dec