Some of the hotels we have booked have only wired/ LAN connections in the rooms and some have WIFI. I have an Apple I Pod which I assume I can use with the WIFI. If I want to use the hard wired connection in the room, I assume I need to bring a light weight computer, which I willI need to purchase. I want to use it only to connect with the internet to check train schedules and to access emails. Any recommendations for such a computer for under $300 would be appreciated. (I have an expensive lap top for home use, but I do not travel with it). As you can probably tell, I am not computer savy. Please help. We leave for Japan in 9 days.
Need advice re buying a computer for our Japan trip
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Tokyo Sumo and Baseball
- 2 help with planning a trip to Vietnam
- 3 Guardian news story about security and safety in Maldives
- 4 Vietnam and Cambodia - wonderful trip
- 5 Thailand - Krabi Day Tours?
- 6 Vietnam - 7 days from HCM
- 7 Manila airport passenger terminal fee upon departure
- 8 On the Road in Beautiful Sri Lanka
- 9 2-3 days in Georgia
- 10 From DC to Delhi and beyond
- 11 Inida- scenic places, national parks, where to go?
- 12 Need advice on where to stay in Kyoto - Machiya vs Hotel?
- 13 Malaysia travel route help!
- 14 Seeking itinerary advice - 14 days in Japan in November
- 15 Gang rape in India. Again.
- 16 Laos Visa on Arrival - Need Cash in US Dollars?
- 17 Travel Insurance
- 18 GSM Unlocked Phone in Bangkok - Nexus 6?
- 19 July 2008 in India: a slightly odd trip report
- 20 Tokyo: Belated Trip Report
- 21 best dining in Kyoto
- 22 Itinerary help for 7 days in Japan
- 23 6.5 days in Java and Bali
- 24 Part 2 - A major meander through Australia/Tasmania, Bali, Laos & Vietnam
- 25 15 night Honeymoon in Bali- April 2015