Some of the hotels we have booked have only wired/ LAN connections in the rooms and some have WIFI. I have an Apple I Pod which I assume I can use with the WIFI. If I want to use the hard wired connection in the room, I assume I need to bring a light weight computer, which I willI need to purchase. I want to use it only to connect with the internet to check train schedules and to access emails. Any recommendations for such a computer for under $300 would be appreciated. (I have an expensive lap top for home use, but I do not travel with it). As you can probably tell, I am not computer savy. Please help. We leave for Japan in 9 days.
Need advice re buying a computer for our Japan trip
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Some Final Thoughts on a Trip to SE Asia
- 2 China's Direct Visa - Yet Another Vexation!
- 3 Madly Dashing to Bali - Hotel Report
- 4 Sri Lanka February 15'
- 5 Osaka shopping
- 6 Luggage Transfer From Hotels
- 7 India: A dream trip meets reality for me
- 8 A week in April; Kyoto and Tokyo?
- 9 Bali Honeymoon. Got 3/4 places decided on, struggling on the last...HELP!
- 10 Penang
- 11 Restaurants and Things to do at night
- 12 First Time Visit to Japan in November 2015 - Itinerary Review
- 13 Planning Japan Trip #2
- 14 Takayama ideas in April?
- 15 Christmas in Kerala? Birthday in Goa?
- 16 There and back again: a conflicted (and reimagined) India Trip Report
- 17 Cost differences between spring and autumn visits to Japan?
- 18 Indonesia Itinerary help
- 19 Ideas for an off beaten path trip in Burma
- 20 First time visiting Japan. Please help
- 21 Update on recent TR's on Mrauk U
- 22 4-1/2 days in Seoul
- 23 3 Weeks in Japan - Please critique my itineary
- 24 Help! Selecting a Thai beach!
- 25 India