Greetings. We have an 8 1/2 hour layover in Narita. Would it be realistic for us to try and get in to Tokyo for lunch and make it back to the airport in that time? I understand we'd have to go through customs/immigration, probably take bullet train as well. Just wondering if people think we'd have enough time. If so, any restaurant recommendations would also be greatly appreciated. If not, are there things to do/eat in the airport at Narita that are worthwhile? It would be a Tuesday afternoon. Thank you very much.
Narita layover - time for lunch in Tokyo?
View all Asia activity »
- 1 Travel Insurance
- 2 South East Asia
- 3 Indian Visa: Experience with BLS International?
- 4 Andaman coast visit - is Phuket worth visiting?
- 5 Seoul, Korea Accommodation / Restaurants
- 6 New Year's Week in Tokyo- Advice Please!!
- 7 Draft itinerary - appreciate some input
- 8 Bangkok & demonstrations (2013)
- 9 Buy India Sim card there or here?
- 10 Sketches from Japan - Autumn 2013
- 11 Craig and Jeane's Japan Photos are Up
- 12 First time trip to Japan - Fall 2013
- 13 Myanmar and Mt Popa
- 14 Craig and Jeane Visit Japan - 2013 Trip Report
- 15 1 week Philippines
- 16 Beijing - is the air quality THAT bad?
- 17 Japan: best time to go?
- 18 Magical India
- 19 Car hire in India -- Narendra Kumar and hiredriverindia.com
- 20 Resorts With Private Cabins Instead Of Hotel Rooms?
- 21 Varanasi lodging - to ghat or not to ghat etc etc - help!
- 22 SALAY from BAGAN
- 23 Visa process for those residing in NY/NJ/CT
- 24 Robinson store/Bangrak, Bangkok - has it reopened?
- 25 Next trip: Sri Lanka & Maldives. Need help from the travel gods.