My mother is flying Chicago to Narita (American Airlines), then connecting to a Japan Airlines flight (also Narita) down to Okinawa. (This itinerary is all on one ticket.)
QUESTION 1: Baggage Claim
Her suitcase will be "checked" (or coded) at Chicago/O'Hare, all the way down to Okinawa.
However, I understand once she goes through Immigration at Narita, she will have to claim her bag.
American Airlines tells me she SHOULD be able to check her bag in the Baggage Claim area for her connecting flight.
Do you know if this is true? Or will she have to go up to departures to the JAL counter and check her bag there?
QUESTION 2: Check in - Connecting Flight; Go through Security?
As my mother (I believe) goes through Immigration in Tokyo (not Okinawa), will she have to Check in at the JAL counter (to get a boarding pass), and go through Security again? Or as AA and JAL appear to be in the same terminal, will she be able to somehow get a boarding pass and her gate information without going out to the arrival lobby, and up a level to JAL counter.
Thank you in advance. I'll ask at O'Hare, too, but if anyone has experienced a connecting flight in Tokyo to another airport in Japan, I'd appreciate the feedback!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 http://trycognimaxiq.com/priaboost/
- 2 Best Of Nepal Tour
- 3 Kyoto Temples and Imperial Palace - Travel Report
- 4 Cooking class/Food Tour/Fish market tour
- 5 Japan rough itinerary
- 6 Travelling the Silk Road - Trip Report
- 7 trying to fathom Chinese train travel
- 8 Bangkok- Sky Bars
- 9 2 weeks in Asia with my adult kids Xmas
- 10 Please recommend a hotel in Mumbai
- 11 Japan Itinerary Help Needed
- 12 Bangkok- Dinner Cruises
- 13 shanghai for 4 days
- 14 Budget Servied Apt
- 15 7 hour layover in Beijing
- 16 Trip Report: Second Time to Japan - Sakura, Gardens and Castles
- 17 TRIP REPORT: Just back from first time to Japan!
- 18 Himeji Castle - luggage storage
- 19 What areas to stay in Singapore & Bali
- 20 Opinions on Osaka? And other burning questions...
- 21 Something about... Malaysia
- 22 China Trip - 2 Cities + Lakes, Rivers, and Rice Terraces!
- 23 Help needed for 1 week trip in Kuala Lumpur with kids
- 24 Layover in Seoul with a dog?
- 25 Please help me to start planning a trip to Bhutan