Hi good folks,
I know Myammar is a hot topic these days and I am sorry if I'm being redundant. My friend and I are thinking of travelling to Myanmar in October but without taking
any domestic flights. One of us is afraid of flying the local airlines, but I won't say who.
Anyway, assuming we want to hit the big 4 plus other interesting stops along the way, is it possible to do it fairly comfortably with only using trains and/or car with driver? We are thinking about a 2 week trip or possibly slightly longer if necessary. The big 4 of course would be Yangon, Mandalay, Bagan and Inle Lake. I know the distances are pretty far and have read some of the time tables that show 12+ hours on the trains...but if there are hidden spots in between could we break up the trip?
I have heard bad things about the trains but don't know if the upper class train cars are really that bad. And if the roads are as bad as they are made out to be.
I'm sure there's a large hole in my question...but since I'm just starting my research thought I'd ask you good folks.
Thoughts anyone? Thanks much for any insights you can share!
Myanmar without taking internal flights
Hi good folks,
- 1 7 Days in Sri Lanka
- 2 South East Asia
- 3 Beijing - is the air quality THAT bad?
- 4 Questions, questions and more questions for first time trip to Asia
- 5 Bangkok - Silver Shops
- 6 Volunteers needed to help children in Indonesia, Kenya, Thailand
- 7 Bangkok & demonstrations (2013)
- 8 Back from a Trip of a Lifetime! Vietnam, Laos and Cambodia!
- 9 Indian Visa: Experience with BLS International?
- 10 Can I get Kopi Luwak coffee in Bangkok
- 11 Airport - hotel transportation in Thailand
- 12 Which mosquito repellent to use for a 9 year old child?
- 13 Myanmar and Mt Popa
- 14 Bangkok restaurant or unique experience for anniversary
- 15 Finding a Small electric Kettle in BKK
- 16 Magical India
- 17 Overwhelmed by info...First time in Philippines...What Island
- 18 Hotel Majestic-Saigon
- 19 RECOMMENDATIONS for PRIVATE TOUR GUIDE IN YANGON?
- 20 Questions -> Ko Phi Phi - 4 nights
- 21 A Day Trip To Kanchipuram
- 22 recommendations for tour company for private myanmar tour
- 23 Kathie's Burma Bookshelf
- 24 Considering extending my trip! Please help me figure this out
- 25 Indian Visa