Hi good folks,
I know Myammar is a hot topic these days and I am sorry if I'm being redundant. My friend and I are thinking of travelling to Myanmar in October but without taking
any domestic flights. One of us is afraid of flying the local airlines, but I won't say who.
Anyway, assuming we want to hit the big 4 plus other interesting stops along the way, is it possible to do it fairly comfortably with only using trains and/or car with driver? We are thinking about a 2 week trip or possibly slightly longer if necessary. The big 4 of course would be Yangon, Mandalay, Bagan and Inle Lake. I know the distances are pretty far and have read some of the time tables that show 12+ hours on the trains...but if there are hidden spots in between could we break up the trip?
I have heard bad things about the trains but don't know if the upper class train cars are really that bad. And if the roads are as bad as they are made out to be.
I'm sure there's a large hole in my question...but since I'm just starting my research thought I'd ask you good folks.
Thoughts anyone? Thanks much for any insights you can share!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 총판 토토 모집 kakao: dnj2016 텔레그램 : speed2017
- 2 Inquiry : Survey on TripAdvisor Bali Hotels
- 3 11 days in Vietnam - need input on itinerary
- 4 Vietnam for 14 days help to find travel company
- 5 Vietnam 19 day Itinerary
- 6 Bad experience with savaari.com
- 7 3 week SE Asia itinerary
- 8 Vietnam Planning
- 9 Backpacking on a budget
- 10 14 days Japan itinerary. First timers.
- 11 Kamogawa Odori/Aoi Matsuri
- 12 Hokkaido and northern Honshu itinerary advice
- 13 Japan rough itinerary
- 14 One night in Osaka
- 15 Japan Cherry Blossom 2018
- 16 Japan for Foodies
- 17 David's Abbreviated Trip Report-Japan, Part 2-Sakura 2017
- 18 Taipei Art Scene - Travel Report
- 19 Advice itinerary trip Thailand/Laos in July
- 20 Singapore weather in August/September
- 21 Across Uzbekistan with MIR
- 22 Japan's Kyushu: Takachiho Gorge - Travel Report
- 23 First time going abroad
- 24 Sapporo to Lake Akan
- 25 First Time to Japan..Itin Advice Needed
Hi good folks,