Hi good folks,
I know Myammar is a hot topic these days and I am sorry if I'm being redundant. My friend and I are thinking of travelling to Myanmar in October but without taking
any domestic flights. One of us is afraid of flying the local airlines, but I won't say who.
Anyway, assuming we want to hit the big 4 plus other interesting stops along the way, is it possible to do it fairly comfortably with only using trains and/or car with driver? We are thinking about a 2 week trip or possibly slightly longer if necessary. The big 4 of course would be Yangon, Mandalay, Bagan and Inle Lake. I know the distances are pretty far and have read some of the time tables that show 12+ hours on the trains...but if there are hidden spots in between could we break up the trip?
I have heard bad things about the trains but don't know if the upper class train cars are really that bad. And if the roads are as bad as they are made out to be.
I'm sure there's a large hole in my question...but since I'm just starting my research thought I'd ask you good folks.
Thoughts anyone? Thanks much for any insights you can share!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 BKK Street Food Disappearing per BBC
- 2 Questions on Details for 23 Days in Japan
- 3 Best area to stay in Tokyo
- 4 MT. Fuji as a day trip from Tokyo
- 5 Family Japan Trip August 2016
- 6 Agoda for Myanmar hotels
- 7 Ayutthaya & Bangkok - Travel Report
- 8 My plans 5 days japan 1 korea
- 9 Kyoto to Tokyo on December 31?
- 10 AirAsia from DMK (vs. other airlines from BKK) to Siem Reap
- 11 Earthquake in Myanmar
- 12 Have you stayed at Dormy Inn Expres s Asakusa ?
- 13 Hakone and Mt Fuji
- 14 Ferrari Hire Bangkok
- 15 A great trip in India
- 16 Back to Bangkok this month!
- 17 Burma in Jan, weather questions.
- 18 Onsen ryokan for single near Tokyo
- 19 Rangoon and Lake Inle, how many days?
- 20 Bhutan with Aman hotels, worth it?
- 21 Nai Thon beach Thailand
- 22 A new opportunity to interact with elephants in Thailand
- 23 Sulawesi
- 24 Koh Lanra + Bangkok or Siem Reap?
- 25 Direct flight from JFK/Newark to Tokyo
Hi good folks,