Hi good folks,
I know Myammar is a hot topic these days and I am sorry if I'm being redundant. My friend and I are thinking of travelling to Myanmar in October but without taking
any domestic flights. One of us is afraid of flying the local airlines, but I won't say who.
Anyway, assuming we want to hit the big 4 plus other interesting stops along the way, is it possible to do it fairly comfortably with only using trains and/or car with driver? We are thinking about a 2 week trip or possibly slightly longer if necessary. The big 4 of course would be Yangon, Mandalay, Bagan and Inle Lake. I know the distances are pretty far and have read some of the time tables that show 12+ hours on the trains...but if there are hidden spots in between could we break up the trip?
I have heard bad things about the trains but don't know if the upper class train cars are really that bad. And if the roads are as bad as they are made out to be.
I'm sure there's a large hole in my question...but since I'm just starting my research thought I'd ask you good folks.
Thoughts anyone? Thanks much for any insights you can share!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 http://www.usadrugguide.com/test-reload-review/
- 2 Month or consenting to month to month
- 3 How to do this
- 4 Cell Phone Provider in India
- 5 Delhi costs
- 6 So, why go to Vietnam?
- 7 Japan Itinerary Critique and Suggestions
- 8 Where/when/how should I get my visa for Vietnam?
- 9 Trekking partner/s for Annapurna circuitic Title
- 10 Japan: ATM Machines
- 11 On a scale of 1 to 10, how dirty is India?
- 12 Angkor Wat Tour - 2 Questions
- 13 Phuket
- 14 Hotel in Delhi
- 15 Finding best Vietnam and Cambodia cruise in Mekong river for family
- 16 Yerevan. Regrets.
- 17 Japan in February
- 18 Asia Transpacific vs Pacific Delight Private Tour to China
- 19 Japan Trip Suggestions - 14 day trip in April
- 20 Please recommend overnight side trips from Fukuoka
- 21 Two weeks itinerary in Japan with JR pass
- 22 India: Flying from Varanasi to New Delhi
- 23 How long are the lines at the JR Offices at Narita
- 24 Please help me plan a return visit to Vietnam
- 25 rkkwan's Nepal trip Sept 2016 - Annapurna Base Camp (and more)
Hi good folks,