Hi good folks,
I know Myammar is a hot topic these days and I am sorry if I'm being redundant. My friend and I are thinking of travelling to Myanmar in October but without taking
any domestic flights. One of us is afraid of flying the local airlines, but I won't say who.
Anyway, assuming we want to hit the big 4 plus other interesting stops along the way, is it possible to do it fairly comfortably with only using trains and/or car with driver? We are thinking about a 2 week trip or possibly slightly longer if necessary. The big 4 of course would be Yangon, Mandalay, Bagan and Inle Lake. I know the distances are pretty far and have read some of the time tables that show 12+ hours on the trains...but if there are hidden spots in between could we break up the trip?
I have heard bad things about the trains but don't know if the upper class train cars are really that bad. And if the roads are as bad as they are made out to be.
I'm sure there's a large hole in my question...but since I'm just starting my research thought I'd ask you good folks.
Thoughts anyone? Thanks much for any insights you can share!
Myanmar without taking internal flights
Hi good folks,
- 1 Which mosquito repellent to use for a 9 year old child?
- 2 Suggestions for additional temples near Angkor (Siem Reap)?
- 3 Finding a Small electric Kettle in BKK
- 4 Bangkok - Silver Shops
- 5 Indian Visa
- 6 India Visa - BLS international. Lost passport FBI complaint
- 7 First time trip to Japan - Fall 2013
- 8 Japan Times "Backstreet Stories"
- 9 ONLINE HOTEL BOOKING SCAM
- 10 Don't use World Expeditions
- 11 Bangkok & demonstrations (2013)
- 12 First time in Japan
- 13 Andaman coast visit - is Phuket worth visiting?
- 14 Questions, questions and more questions for first time trip to Asia
- 15 Magical India
- 16 Heyloo Hampi
- 17 Southern India
- 18 Bangkok - November 2014
- 19 Villa in Canggu Bali
- 20 Indian Visa: Experience with BLS International?
- 21 Where to Stay - Hong Kong or Kowloon?
- 22 Best Food in Tokyo
- 23 Lombok and Gili islands advice about distance/time to the airport
- 24 Boracay Island, Philippines
- 25 BALI Honeymoon February 2014