Hi good folks,
I know Myammar is a hot topic these days and I am sorry if I'm being redundant. My friend and I are thinking of travelling to Myanmar in October but without taking
any domestic flights. One of us is afraid of flying the local airlines, but I won't say who.
Anyway, assuming we want to hit the big 4 plus other interesting stops along the way, is it possible to do it fairly comfortably with only using trains and/or car with driver? We are thinking about a 2 week trip or possibly slightly longer if necessary. The big 4 of course would be Yangon, Mandalay, Bagan and Inle Lake. I know the distances are pretty far and have read some of the time tables that show 12+ hours on the trains...but if there are hidden spots in between could we break up the trip?
I have heard bad things about the trains but don't know if the upper class train cars are really that bad. And if the roads are as bad as they are made out to be.
I'm sure there's a large hole in my question...but since I'm just starting my research thought I'd ask you good folks.
Thoughts anyone? Thanks much for any insights you can share!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Now get the world class erotic treatment in Bangalore
- 2 http://menhealthreviews.org/alpha-boost-reviews/
- 3 Tips to Increase Your Height!
- 4 Why Do Our Bones Get Weak?
- 5 Add 3 Inches of Height Naturally
- 6 http://advancedtrimsite.com/alpha-performance-enhancer/
- 7 TRIP REPORT: Osaka to Hiroshima and in-between stops (tsuyu / summer)
- 8 http://www.prohealthguides.com/miracle-bust/
- 9 Osaka-Kyoto-Takayama -Kanazawa in 12 days with Kids Doable?
- 10 First time to Japan for 19 year old and Mom (me)
- 11 Send Rakhi gifts to Your Loved One..!!
- 12 Taxis at Mumbai airport
- 13 A new opportunity to interact with elephants in Thailand
- 14 20 things to think about when interacting with animals in Thailand
- 15 Help plan my 11 days trip to Thailand
- 16 A 6-week waking dream in North and South India.
- 17 MT. Fuji as a day trip from Tokyo
- 18 What seems to be my final itinerary
- 19 Not Really A Trip Report Kind of Trip Report (Japan 2016)
- 20 Are Alexander+Roberts China Tours Any Good?
- 21 Totally unprepared
- 22 Advice for 8 days in Nepal
- 23 Hang Son Doong Cave in Vietnam
- 24 Tokyo Itinerary Help please
- 25 Hanoi - SaPa - Hue
Hi good folks,