Hi good folks,
I know Myammar is a hot topic these days and I am sorry if I'm being redundant. My friend and I are thinking of travelling to Myanmar in October but without taking
any domestic flights. One of us is afraid of flying the local airlines, but I won't say who.
Anyway, assuming we want to hit the big 4 plus other interesting stops along the way, is it possible to do it fairly comfortably with only using trains and/or car with driver? We are thinking about a 2 week trip or possibly slightly longer if necessary. The big 4 of course would be Yangon, Mandalay, Bagan and Inle Lake. I know the distances are pretty far and have read some of the time tables that show 12+ hours on the trains...but if there are hidden spots in between could we break up the trip?
I have heard bad things about the trains but don't know if the upper class train cars are really that bad. And if the roads are as bad as they are made out to be.
I'm sure there's a large hole in my question...but since I'm just starting my research thought I'd ask you good folks.
Thoughts anyone? Thanks much for any insights you can share!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 보스카지노——tpm1004.com——바카라사이트
- 2 명품바카라——tpm1004.com——바카라사이트
- 3 Vietnam - September 2015
- 4 Burma or Laos.
- 5 Early planning for yet another "second trip" to Japan
- 6 Japan Trip 3 - Initial Loose Planning
- 7 March Trip - Where to Go?
- 8 Northern Burma on the RV Pandaw II
- 9 best town to stay at for vsiting in Cultural Triangle area?
- 10 2-3 nights in Ubud, where to stay?
- 11 Tips for PNG (Varirata NP & POM stay)
- 12 Burma and Vietnam, when to go.
- 13 Seeking Vietnam Itinerary Advice
- 14 What to do with 2 weeks on honeymoon in Paradise Bali
- 15 Planning a 2-week trip to Thailand in mid-August
- 16 hanoi eats
- 17 Hakone accommodation options
- 18 Finally, Smeagol and Muffins Japanese adventure begins.....
- 19 Off the beaten track in Japan (Recommendation, please)
- 20 Visa
- 21 Comments please on 6 week South India Itinerary
- 22 Restaurants
- 23 My First Passage to India
- 24 Northern Vietnam Itinerary
- 25 Castle & King tour operator review
Hi good folks,