Just finished my travelogue on my December trip to Myanmar. I sought answers to two questions:
1) Is it too late to travel to Myanmar (or is it *still* in the Travel Sweet Spot)?
2) Is booking my own travel to Myanmar easy?
TRIP REPORT: http://bit.ly/1aTq3vK
• Book early: demand exceeds supply
• Use Oway for booking flights
• Use Agoda for booking hotels
• Bring crisp $100 bills for exchanging
• Eat at Queen and Mingalabar Food Bar
• Explore the Bagan Archeological Zone by e-bike
• Stay in Old Bagan
• Buy a map at a major temple
• Pack warm clothes in the winter
• Stay (and eat dinner) at Viewpoint Lodge
• Eat lunch at Butterfly Restaurant, Bar and Spa
• Rent a bike, ride the perimeter of the Northern part of the lake, and hire a boat to cross to the other side (then ride back to where you started)
• Hire a boat to Inthein
• Take the $1 circular train ride
• See Shwedegon Pagoda (but don’t miss the nearby Sein Yaung Chi Pagoda either)
• Eat at Monsoon
• Shop at Pomelo (next door to Monsoon)
• Walk the streets between the major roads in Central Yangon
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 바카라 ◎♧홈 피 = pts11.컴 ◎♧
- 2 6 nights / 5 days Japan itinerary
- 3 Article on assistance for US citizens with difficulties abroad
- 4 Airport taxis in Bangkok
- 5 3 weeks: solo travel to Thailand (with stop in Hong Kong and Tokyo)?
- 6 DC to Dubai 3 nts, Tokyo 6 nts. Kyoto day trip? Itinerary thoughts?
- 7 Vietnam - Sa Pa
- 8 Kerala trip
- 9 Myanmaromestic flights and transport :cash :guide/travel agency i
- 10 E Visa for India?
- 11 1-2 months South East Asia
- 12 6 weeks: Thailand & Laos. Itinery review?
- 13 Help - India.
- 14 Nice article on Macau in the NYT
- 15 Our trip to Japan. Arigato gozaimasu
- 16 Halong Bay or Bagan?
- 17 Help w/Andaman Sea Itinerary
- 18 Are 8 days enough for this itinerary ?
- 19 Side trips from Taipei
- 20 Georgia and Armenia trip
- 21 Urgent advice appreciated-Myanmar 9 days
- 22 relaxing 5-6 day vacation in sri lanka
- 23 Bicycling in Vietnam
- 24 Thailand Advice Please
- 25 The Indian money crunch.
Myanmar Trip Report: Is It "Too Late" To Go?