Just finished my travelogue on my December trip to Myanmar. I sought answers to two questions:
1) Is it too late to travel to Myanmar (or is it *still* in the Travel Sweet Spot)?
2) Is booking my own travel to Myanmar easy?
TRIP REPORT: http://bit.ly/1aTq3vK
• Book early: demand exceeds supply
• Use Oway for booking flights
• Use Agoda for booking hotels
• Bring crisp $100 bills for exchanging
• Eat at Queen and Mingalabar Food Bar
• Explore the Bagan Archeological Zone by e-bike
• Stay in Old Bagan
• Buy a map at a major temple
• Pack warm clothes in the winter
• Stay (and eat dinner) at Viewpoint Lodge
• Eat lunch at Butterfly Restaurant, Bar and Spa
• Rent a bike, ride the perimeter of the Northern part of the lake, and hire a boat to cross to the other side (then ride back to where you started)
• Hire a boat to Inthein
• Take the $1 circular train ride
• See Shwedegon Pagoda (but don’t miss the nearby Sein Yaung Chi Pagoda either)
• Eat at Monsoon
• Shop at Pomelo (next door to Monsoon)
• Walk the streets between the major roads in Central Yangon
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 http://nitroshredadvice.com/enhance-mind-iq/
- 2 Jeep with a driver good english
- 3 14 days Japan itinerary. First timers.
- 4 Sri Lanka May
- 5 south east asia 3 weeks in june
- 6 Can buy a JR Pass in Japan
- 7 Japan Rail Pass
- 8 20 days Itinerary Help!
- 9 Japan - 2 itineraries (7days)
- 10 Bali,Java,Borneo 3 weeks
- 11 Japan rough itinerary
- 12 Laos planning.
- 13 Hokkaido and northern Honshu itinerary advice
- 14 Japan for Foodies
- 15 Japan Cherry Blossom 2018
- 16 Japan's Kyushu: Takachiho Gorge - Travel Report
- 17 3 week SE Asia itinerary
- 18 Kamogawa Odori/Aoi Matsuri
- 19 One night in Osaka
- 20 David's Abbreviated Trip Report-Japan, Part 2-Sakura 2017
- 21 Taipei Art Scene - Travel Report
- 22 Advice itinerary trip Thailand/Laos in July
- 23 Singapore weather in August/September
- 24 Across Uzbekistan with MIR
- 25 First time going abroad
Myanmar Trip Report: Is It "Too Late" To Go?