Just finished my travelogue on my December trip to Myanmar. I sought answers to two questions:
1) Is it too late to travel to Myanmar (or is it *still* in the Travel Sweet Spot)?
2) Is booking my own travel to Myanmar easy?
TRIP REPORT: http://bit.ly/1aTq3vK
• Book early: demand exceeds supply
• Use Oway for booking flights
• Use Agoda for booking hotels
• Bring crisp $100 bills for exchanging
• Eat at Queen and Mingalabar Food Bar
• Explore the Bagan Archeological Zone by e-bike
• Stay in Old Bagan
• Buy a map at a major temple
• Pack warm clothes in the winter
• Stay (and eat dinner) at Viewpoint Lodge
• Eat lunch at Butterfly Restaurant, Bar and Spa
• Rent a bike, ride the perimeter of the Northern part of the lake, and hire a boat to cross to the other side (then ride back to where you started)
• Hire a boat to Inthein
• Take the $1 circular train ride
• See Shwedegon Pagoda (but don’t miss the nearby Sein Yaung Chi Pagoda either)
• Eat at Monsoon
• Shop at Pomelo (next door to Monsoon)
• Walk the streets between the major roads in Central Yangon
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Quickie Kathmandu visit worthwhile?
- 2 Trip Report : China
- 3 Japan GTG, early April
- 4 Narita Airport to Shinjuku
- 5 Beijing tours
- 6 Vietnam for 14 days help to find travel company
- 7 Planning First Family Trip to Japan - Advice Needed!
- 8 Other than Kyoto?
- 9 Advice needed from Japan train pros
- 10 Pandaw-up the Chindwin TR
- 11 HK to Beijing for 3 weeks- mid March to early April- itinerary help please!
- 12 A great trip in India
- 13 Googling to going...to Gujarat!
- 14 Hong Kong and Angkor Wat
- 15 A Netflix series for those who enjoy Tokyo
- 16 Cherry Blossom season Mount Fuji area
- 17 Tokyo - Kamakura - Yokohama
- 18 Tour Agency Recommendation
- 19 Goodbye, Carol Simpson
- 20 Honest opinion needed about Thailand
- 21 Takayama trail, Japan
- 22 Hotels near Takefu Train Station
- 23 1 day itinerary in Busan
- 24 Trip report : Annapurna Circuit October 2016
- 25 Japan - Will We Get Lost?
Myanmar Trip Report: Is It "Too Late" To Go?