I am planning a regional trip in which part would involve being in Yangon, Myanmar and then going directly to Vientiane, Laos, overland. I have been doing the research and can only find the google map route, but nothing on buses. I do not want to fly, I want to go by bus or minibus and see the countryside. I know this route involves travel via Thailand, and still cannot find any bus routes. Maybe I have not broken down the long trip into legs, but also given that Myanmar is only recently opening up, maybe information is not quite readily available. Help please
Myanmar to Laos (Yangon to Vientiane)
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Pai in N. Thailand? Worth it?
- 2 Taken to the police station for not carrying documents... please, help!
- 3 India for 2 weeks in December/January
- 4 Need help planning a trip to Myanmar, Laos and Vietnam
- 5 Stop-over in Seoul
- 6 Sri Lanka itinerary-please critic
- 7 Please comment re. itinerary for Indochina
- 8 Day trip by car from Kyoto?
- 9 Bali in begging of July
- 10 Mad Dash Across Too Much - Sri Lanka Not Bangladesh
- 11 Plans for Nepal/Bhutan continued: how does this sound??
- 12 Bali - January 2015
- 13 Hiring a car and driver in Bali
- 14 Our favorite hotels and restaurants of Bali – Ubud, Amed, Pemuteran
- 15 meeting at beijing airport
- 16 One week in Tokyo
- 17 Suggestions for bike tour operators that offer smaller tours (4-5 days)
- 18 Bali and Java - 24 September to 23 October 2014
- 19 Souvenirs/shopping in Thailand
- 20 Travelling in China at Christmas
- 21 Sri Lanka vacation with 4 year old.... 10 Day Itenerary Review Help...
- 22 Confused about where to stay in Tokyo
- 23 Hotel in Singapore
- 24 Any new BKK hotels or with new mgt. worth checking on?
- 25 Cooking in Chiang Mai & Driving Around Northern Thailand