I am planning a regional trip in which part would involve being in Yangon, Myanmar and then going directly to Vientiane, Laos, overland. I have been doing the research and can only find the google map route, but nothing on buses. I do not want to fly, I want to go by bus or minibus and see the countryside. I know this route involves travel via Thailand, and still cannot find any bus routes. Maybe I have not broken down the long trip into legs, but also given that Myanmar is only recently opening up, maybe information is not quite readily available. Help please
Myanmar to Laos (Yangon to Vientiane)
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 First Time Visit to Japan in November 2015 - Itinerary Review
- 2 Osaka shopping
- 3 Tokyo and Thailand in July
- 4 India: A dream trip meets reality for me
- 5 There and back again: a conflicted (and reimagined) India Trip Report
- 6 Ideas for an off beaten path trip in Burma
- 7 Bali Honeymoon. Got 3/4 places decided on, struggling on the last...HELP!
- 8 Takayama ideas in April?
- 9 Cost differences between spring and autumn visits to Japan?
- 10 China's Direct Visa - Yet Another Vexation!
- 11 Planning Japan Trip #2
- 12 How to access to Kanazawa New Shinkansen Service March
- 13 First time visiting Japan. Please help
- 14 Luggage Transfer From Hotels
- 15 Penang
- 16 A redhead in Vietnam and Cambodia
- 17 Some Final Thoughts on a Trip to SE Asia
- 18 A week in April; Kyoto and Tokyo?
- 19 Air Asia All You Can Fly
- 20 Madly Dashing to Bali - Hotel Report
- 21 Sri Lanka February 15'
- 22 Restaurants and Things to do at night
- 23 Christmas in Kerala? Birthday in Goa?
- 24 Indonesia Itinerary help
- 25 Update on recent TR's on Mrauk U