I'm 24 years old and I would like to make a trip to Myanmar for 14-21 days. Have not decided yet if I want to do this on my own or in a small group. What I do know is that I want to see Myanmar through the eyes of a local, using public transport instead of a personal driver, seeing places that you would never get to see with a touristic travel agency. I would love for instance to overnight in a buddhist monastery. I wont go between November-Febrary, just to avoid too many tourists.
I assume I should contact a local agency, or maybe I could organise this whole trip on my own. I dont know.
Maybe you could have some tips for me?
Looking forward to your reply. Thanks in advance for your tips.
Myanmar through eyes of a local
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Excellent Customer Service with Bangkok Food Tours
- 2 Short trip to Bangkok via Dubai
- 3 Problems booking a hotel in Tokyo
- 4 Myanmar - A Visit to a Country in Transition
- 5 One-day tours in Kathmandu and Lhasa
- 6 Yet antoher Query on Japan IT.
- 7 Please share the things you liked in Hanoi and Hoi An
- 8 Transport logistics: Kyoto, Hiroshima/Miyajima, Kyushu
- 9 Alternatives to/within Krabi in April - due to weather and pregnancy
- 10 Ever heard of an Okinawa to Haneda Airpack Fare?
- 11 Your opinion of our Japan & China itinerary
- 12 Nepal
- 13 Kyushu & Honshu Fall 2011
- 14 Would appreciate your comments on my Vietnam itinerary
- 15 Itinerary set: Now some logistical questions on first time trip to Japan
- 16 looking for a great hotel in K.L./ Lost camera!!!!!!!
- 17 4-5 days in SE Asia
- 18 Where did you exchange dollars for Rupees??
- 19 Halong Bay Tour - Is there another day tour you recommend instead?
- 20 1st time Japan - solo female
- 21 David's Trip Report--Japan- November 2013
- 22 From Singapore to NZ: A Remarkable Safari Through Time and Across Cultures
- 23 3 weeks in Japan- Finalized... I think
- 24 Travelling to Thailand from U.S. this June/July
- 25 Odyssey unlimited