I'm 24 years old and I would like to make a trip to Myanmar for 14-21 days. Have not decided yet if I want to do this on my own or in a small group. What I do know is that I want to see Myanmar through the eyes of a local, using public transport instead of a personal driver, seeing places that you would never get to see with a touristic travel agency. I would love for instance to overnight in a buddhist monastery. I wont go between November-Febrary, just to avoid too many tourists.
I assume I should contact a local agency, or maybe I could organise this whole trip on my own. I dont know.
Maybe you could have some tips for me?
Looking forward to your reply. Thanks in advance for your tips.
Myanmar through eyes of a local
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Malaysia travel route help!
- 2 Seeking itinerary advice - 14 days in Japan in November
- 3 Gang rape in India. Again.
- 4 From DC to Delhi and beyond
- 5 On the Road in Beautiful Sri Lanka
- 6 Vietnam - 7 days from HCM
- 7 help with planning a trip to Vietnam
- 8 Tokyo: Belated Trip Report
- 9 2015 Cherry Blossom Forecast Published
- 10 best dining in Kyoto
- 11 Haridwar or Rishikesh?
- 12 Tokyo Sumo and Baseball
- 13 Guardian news story about security and safety in Maldives
- 14 Vietnam and Cambodia - wonderful trip
- 15 Thailand - Krabi Day Tours?
- 16 Manila airport passenger terminal fee upon departure
- 17 2-3 days in Georgia
- 18 Inida- scenic places, national parks, where to go?
- 19 Need advice on where to stay in Kyoto - Machiya vs Hotel?
- 20 Laos Visa on Arrival - Need Cash in US Dollars?
- 21 Travel Insurance
- 22 GSM Unlocked Phone in Bangkok - Nexus 6?
- 23 July 2008 in India: a slightly odd trip report
- 24 Itinerary help for 7 days in Japan
- 25 6.5 days in Java and Bali