I'm 24 years old and I would like to make a trip to Myanmar for 14-21 days. Have not decided yet if I want to do this on my own or in a small group. What I do know is that I want to see Myanmar through the eyes of a local, using public transport instead of a personal driver, seeing places that you would never get to see with a touristic travel agency. I would love for instance to overnight in a buddhist monastery. I wont go between November-Febrary, just to avoid too many tourists.
I assume I should contact a local agency, or maybe I could organise this whole trip on my own. I dont know.
Maybe you could have some tips for me?
Looking forward to your reply. Thanks in advance for your tips.
Myanmar through eyes of a local
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Sri Lanka Itinerary: comments welcome
- 2 Please critique my Thailand itinerary
- 3 Myanmar: Anyone traveled to Mrauk U ?
- 4 Backpacking - Does she remind you of anyone?
- 5 Indonesia - 1 month itinerary
- 6 Bali and Java - 24 September to 23 October 2014
- 7 Tokyo to Takayama with transit in Matsumoto in one day
- 8 Bali wedding in villa
- 9 Malaysian honeymoon
- 10 Favorite hotel in X'ian?
- 11 Myanmar - Organizing Trip for 2015
- 12 JR PASS AND ITINERARY
- 13 India - 2 Days only
- 14 China with Collette Tours
- 15 Confused about where to stay in Tokyo
- 16 Kyoto to Koyasan, then Koyasan to Hiroshima
- 17 9 nights in Hong Kong in November - how to split up?
- 18 TRIP REPORT: Seoul, South Korea (9 days)
- 19 Beach selection in Thailand
- 20 Chiang Mai, flight: best travel logistics to which Island?
- 21 Burma river cruise
- 22 hotel Paradise Island in Bentota, Sri Lanka toxic hepatitis.
- 23 Cooking in Chiang Mai & Driving Around Northern Thailand
- 24 India Visa - BLS international. Lost passport FBI complaint
- 25 Red River Delta in Viet Nam: A Good Idea for a Day Trip from Hanoi?