I'm 24 years old and I would like to make a trip to Myanmar for 14-21 days. Have not decided yet if I want to do this on my own or in a small group. What I do know is that I want to see Myanmar through the eyes of a local, using public transport instead of a personal driver, seeing places that you would never get to see with a touristic travel agency. I would love for instance to overnight in a buddhist monastery. I wont go between November-Febrary, just to avoid too many tourists.
I assume I should contact a local agency, or maybe I could organise this whole trip on my own. I dont know.
Maybe you could have some tips for me?
Looking forward to your reply. Thanks in advance for your tips.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 5 days in Bali
- 2 India - Bangalore, Mysore & Agra
- 3 5 weeks in Japan
- 4 Planning for a trip to Northwest Vietnam
- 5 Kathie and Cheryl are off on another SE Asian adventure
- 6 Annual Fall Asia Trip
- 7 Requesting Passport Number
- 8 Air India Versus Jet airways. Which is best for India
- 9 Kompong Kleang or Kompong Phluk?
- 10 Eating in India
- 11 First time – Solo - Japan 2016
- 12 Holiday in Cambodia - plus Myanmar for a wedding.
- 13 Phu Quoc
- 14 looking for Vietnam based TA to help plan trip
- 15 China and Japan help
- 16 Advantage of using Smithsonian Tours
- 17 Help! India Visa question....
- 18 Singapore hotel
- 19 Splitting time between Hoi An and Hue
- 20 Indonesia in February/rainy season
- 21 Still contemplating SEA this winter and have questions
- 22 Thank You Fabulous Fodorites, and some Upcoming Trip Questions
- 23 Northern Burma on the RV Pandaw II
- 24 TRIP REPORT: Just returned from first visit to Japan!
- 25 Solo female first-timer: Thailand