I'm 24 years old and I would like to make a trip to Myanmar for 14-21 days. Have not decided yet if I want to do this on my own or in a small group. What I do know is that I want to see Myanmar through the eyes of a local, using public transport instead of a personal driver, seeing places that you would never get to see with a touristic travel agency. I would love for instance to overnight in a buddhist monastery. I wont go between November-Febrary, just to avoid too many tourists.
I assume I should contact a local agency, or maybe I could organise this whole trip on my own. I dont know.
Maybe you could have some tips for me?
Looking forward to your reply. Thanks in advance for your tips.
Myanmar through eyes of a local
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 India travel agency/tour operator recommendations-OAT? WorldSpree?
- 2 Bangkok Jewelry shoping
- 3 There and back again: a conflicted (and reimagined) India Trip Report
- 4 Car, driver and hotels
- 5 Part 2 - A major meander through Australia/Tasmania, Bali, Laos & Vietnam
- 6 60+ travelers to Vietnam, package tour or day tours?
- 7 Bali Question
- 8 India: A dream trip meets reality for me
- 9 A week in April; Kyoto and Tokyo?
- 10 Vietnam - Questions
- 11 India
- 12 Bali Honeymoon. Got 3/4 places decided on, struggling on the last...HELP!
- 13 Thailand during the rainy season, have you been?
- 14 Vietnam Itinerary - should I drop anything as too much
- 15 Madly Dashing to Bali - Hotel Report
- 16 Golden eagle festival Mongolia?
- 17 Cost differences between spring and autumn visits to Japan?
- 18 Great place for a honeymoon destination?
- 19 Tokyo to Takayama or Kanazawa
- 20 Planning Japan Trip #2
- 21 A redhead in Vietnam and Cambodia
- 22 Osaka shopping
- 23 View from the plane arriving in Singapore then Bali from U.S.
- 24 Takayama ideas in April?
- 25 tips and ideas for 10 days in Sri Lanka, train travel, beach options