I'm 24 years old and I would like to make a trip to Myanmar for 14-21 days. Have not decided yet if I want to do this on my own or in a small group. What I do know is that I want to see Myanmar through the eyes of a local, using public transport instead of a personal driver, seeing places that you would never get to see with a touristic travel agency. I would love for instance to overnight in a buddhist monastery. I wont go between November-Febrary, just to avoid too many tourists.
I assume I should contact a local agency, or maybe I could organise this whole trip on my own. I dont know.
Maybe you could have some tips for me?
Looking forward to your reply. Thanks in advance for your tips.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Back to Bangkok this month!
- 2 Have you stayed at Dormy Inn Expres s Asakusa ?
- 3 Burma in Jan, weather questions.
- 4 Onsen ryokan for single near Tokyo
- 5 BKK Street Food Disappearing per BBC
- 6 Rangoon and Lake Inle, how many days?
- 7 Another South East Asian sojourn.
- 8 AirAsia from DMK (vs. other airlines from BKK) to Siem Reap
- 9 Kyoto to Tokyo on December 31?
- 10 Bhutan with Aman hotels, worth it?
- 11 Nai Thon beach Thailand
- 12 A new opportunity to interact with elephants in Thailand
- 13 A great trip in India
- 14 Sulawesi
- 15 Koh Lanra + Bangkok or Siem Reap?
- 16 Direct flight from JFK/Newark to Tokyo
- 17 Day Trip in Bohol - Travel Report
- 18 Family Japan Trip August 2016
- 19 Pearls in Beijing and MORE!
- 20 Ayutthaya & Bangkok - Travel Report
- 21 Bali in March for 5 nights?
- 22 Varanasi : Advice needed on how best to see the evening Aarti
- 23 Need help choosing a tour company.
- 24 Armenia: A Wild Thyme
- 25 Traveling on low budget ,Japan