I'm 24 years old and I would like to make a trip to Myanmar for 14-21 days. Have not decided yet if I want to do this on my own or in a small group. What I do know is that I want to see Myanmar through the eyes of a local, using public transport instead of a personal driver, seeing places that you would never get to see with a touristic travel agency. I would love for instance to overnight in a buddhist monastery. I wont go between November-Febrary, just to avoid too many tourists.
I assume I should contact a local agency, or maybe I could organise this whole trip on my own. I dont know.
Maybe you could have some tips for me?
Looking forward to your reply. Thanks in advance for your tips.
Myanmar through eyes of a local
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 To Nikko or not to Nikko: That is the Question?
- 2 14 days in Thailand (July 2015)
- 3 Asia Tour Companies
- 4 More room for luggage in 1st class Nozomi trains than in regular trains?
- 5 On the Road in Beautiful Sri Lanka
- 6 River tours in China - please share your experiences
- 7 Spending a Week in Bangalore-Any Ideas?
- 8 5 and a half full days in Tokyo. Should I consider visiting Kyoto?
- 9 Help Needed for Ambitious 22 day trip Bali and SE ASIA for Mom and Son
- 10 Singapore
- 11 Thailand, Cambodia and Laos
- 12 Experience 4 days in Ha Noi, Viet Nam - see,do and eat
- 13 Bringing vitamins to Japan - ok in ziploc baggies?
- 14 singapore accomodation?
- 15 suggestions for 3 adults sharing 1 room in Japan
- 16 Hong Kong....How hideous is the flight????
- 17 Beijing Yashou Market Closure
- 18 Three Weeks in Thailand
- 19 Is 7 days too long in Hong Kong
- 20 S E Asia part of our Round the World Trip
- 21 Writers Needed for Japan
- 22 Favorite guide books for Japan and other advice for planning?
- 23 17 Day Itinerary
- 24 11 hour NRT Tokyo Layover…Asakusa or Narita Town?
- 25 Bali Help