I'm 24 years old and I would like to make a trip to Myanmar for 14-21 days. Have not decided yet if I want to do this on my own or in a small group. What I do know is that I want to see Myanmar through the eyes of a local, using public transport instead of a personal driver, seeing places that you would never get to see with a touristic travel agency. I would love for instance to overnight in a buddhist monastery. I wont go between November-Febrary, just to avoid too many tourists.
I assume I should contact a local agency, or maybe I could organise this whole trip on my own. I dont know.
Maybe you could have some tips for me?
Looking forward to your reply. Thanks in advance for your tips.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Permit alert Andaman Islands
- 2 Tasting Sri Lanka
- 3 Hotel in Hanoi
- 4 Four Days in South Korea (Incheon and Seoul) with Baby
- 5 First time to Japan - tour or independent trip?
- 6 First Trip to Japan - help with planning please
- 7 Trip Report: Malaysia in 2 weeks
- 8 India help needed
- 9 Nywoman an older single traveler explores Taiwan and Japan
- 10 Help with SEAsia itinerary
- 11 Trekking outside Sapa
- 12 Place to stay Hue
- 13 Custom Dress and man’s suit made in Hoi Ann
- 14 Advice on where to stay in Luang Prabang
- 15 Need help filling out my itinerary
- 16 6-8 Weeks in South East Asia
- 17 Go to Pai or not?
- 18 Ko Kraden hotels
- 19 Driver needed from Heho airport to Kalaw, from Kalaw to Inle lake
- 20 Hoi Ann hotel
- 21 International Bank Accounts. Have you done this?
- 22 Good fare for US west coast to Japan?
- 23 Bangkok hotels/neighborhoods
- 24 Three Week Trip to Japan
- 25 Water Towns near Shanghai