I'm 24 years old and I would like to make a trip to Myanmar for 14-21 days. Have not decided yet if I want to do this on my own or in a small group. What I do know is that I want to see Myanmar through the eyes of a local, using public transport instead of a personal driver, seeing places that you would never get to see with a touristic travel agency. I would love for instance to overnight in a buddhist monastery. I wont go between November-Febrary, just to avoid too many tourists.
I assume I should contact a local agency, or maybe I could organise this whole trip on my own. I dont know.
Maybe you could have some tips for me?
Looking forward to your reply. Thanks in advance for your tips.
Myanmar through eyes of a local
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Nepal - Earthquake (25 April 2015)
- 2 What is Most Interesting Taipei Area for First Timers?
- 3 Siam Niramit show and dinner-Go or no go?
- 4 Photos from India!
- 5 Bangkok, here I come! Yes, again!!
- 6 Leaving Thursday for Bangkok/Phuket
- 7 Japan, round two - the planning begins...
- 8 India Visa - BLS international. Lost passport FBI complaint
- 9 Trip Report: Second Time to Japan - Sakura, Gardens and Castles
- 10 How to handle cash in Japan
- 11 Great Wall hike
- 12 Beautiful Trip To Naran Valley, Pakistan
- 13 Some Practical Advice on Japan from a just-returned first timer
- 14 Kerala, India - 10 day holiday
- 15 Six days in Hong Kong
- 16 Yunnan: Dali, Lijiang & Shangri-la; how many days?
- 17 Which is the best time to travel to North India?
- 18 China, Hong Kong, Tibet
- 19 Storing photos while traveling
- 20 Mt Wutai or Mt Tai
- 21 22 hour overlay in Tokyo, any ideas?
- 22 Seeking suggestions for our Nepal time in November. Do we need masks?
- 23 BANGKOK HOTELS
- 24 Where to stay in Hong Kong and Macau
- 25 S E Asia part of our Round the World Trip