I'm 24 years old and I would like to make a trip to Myanmar for 14-21 days. Have not decided yet if I want to do this on my own or in a small group. What I do know is that I want to see Myanmar through the eyes of a local, using public transport instead of a personal driver, seeing places that you would never get to see with a touristic travel agency. I would love for instance to overnight in a buddhist monastery. I wont go between November-Febrary, just to avoid too many tourists.
I assume I should contact a local agency, or maybe I could organise this whole trip on my own. I dont know.
Maybe you could have some tips for me?
Looking forward to your reply. Thanks in advance for your tips.
Myanmar through eyes of a local
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Weekend Market and Or Tor Kor-Bangkok
- 2 anyone been to minsk aircraft carrier, Shenzhen while staying in Kowloon
- 3 Knockoff Designer bags in Vietnam?
- 4 15 Days in Japan, Itinerary Help Please
- 5 Bali or Fiji
- 6 Jakarta or Kuala Lumpor
- 7 Popular Thai hi-so restaurants... Any suggestions?
- 8 Chiang Mai OR Luang Prabang
- 9 Vacay to Thailand end of December-January 2014
- 10 flight details from Chicago area to BKK
- 11 Honeymoon in december 2014
- 12 Travel during China national week?
- 13 Don't use World Expeditions
- 14 Food tours in HCMC/Saigon?
- 15 Trip report/blog - 10 days in Tokyo and Kyoto
- 16 Affordable accommodation in Yangon near Sule Pagoda
- 17 Bangkok - Side trip to Ayutthaya
- 18 3 days in Teheran
- 19 Destination Bangkok, again
- 20 Trip Report and Diary - Tokyo in 7 Days
- 21 Bangkok - Weekend train excursion to Kanchanaburi and/or Nam Tok
- 22 Luang Prabang to Chiang Mai -- HOW?
- 23 Honeymoon in Nha Trang
- 24 Favorite travel apps?
- 25 4 wonderful solo weeks in South Korea