I'm 24 years old and I would like to make a trip to Myanmar for 14-21 days. Have not decided yet if I want to do this on my own or in a small group. What I do know is that I want to see Myanmar through the eyes of a local, using public transport instead of a personal driver, seeing places that you would never get to see with a touristic travel agency. I would love for instance to overnight in a buddhist monastery. I wont go between November-Febrary, just to avoid too many tourists.
I assume I should contact a local agency, or maybe I could organise this whole trip on my own. I dont know.
Maybe you could have some tips for me?
Looking forward to your reply. Thanks in advance for your tips.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Calling habitués of Chiang Rai.
- 2 Skip Vientaine, a mistake?
- 3 8.5 Days in India - Insane?
- 4 Thailand and Myanmar-Hot Hot Hot!
- 5 Best eats near Minzu University in Beijing? (June-August 2015 trip)
- 6 Travel to Singapore & Area with Husband and 2 teenage boys
- 7 Driver recommendation in Bali
- 8 Amazing service - Himalayan Leaders
- 9 The Best Exotic Off-Season Holiday: Udaipur/Varanasi/Agra/ Delhi
- 10 Tauck or Abercrombie and Kent or Louise Nicholson
- 11 First trip to Japan
- 12 Northern India in June
- 13 Hakone Free Pass
- 14 Tour Payment Deposit to Castle and King
- 15 NRT 21 hrs layover, need help with train schedule
- 16 OAT trip to India
- 17 Thailand Itinerary...which order?
- 18 Chiang Mai...should we?
- 19 more problems for Tiger Temple - Abbot mauled
- 20 Castle & King tour operator review
- 21 Santhiya or Anatara in Koh Phangan?
- 22 2 weeks in Vietnam
- 23 What beach to choose?!?!
- 24 Thailand itinerary help - 3 weeks in December
- 25 Singapore or Bali