I'm 24 years old and I would like to make a trip to Myanmar for 14-21 days. Have not decided yet if I want to do this on my own or in a small group. What I do know is that I want to see Myanmar through the eyes of a local, using public transport instead of a personal driver, seeing places that you would never get to see with a touristic travel agency. I would love for instance to overnight in a buddhist monastery. I wont go between November-Febrary, just to avoid too many tourists.
I assume I should contact a local agency, or maybe I could organise this whole trip on my own. I dont know.
Maybe you could have some tips for me?
Looking forward to your reply. Thanks in advance for your tips.
Myanmar through eyes of a local
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Bali and Java - 24 September to 23 October 2014
- 2 Myanmar podcast
- 3 Japiur - 2 days - hotel, restaurant, shopping recommendations needed!
- 4 TRIP REPORT: Bangkok, Angkor, PhiPhi (2 weeks in rainy season)
- 5 Travelling Plan to Ooty from Bangalore By Train India
- 6 Fly into Osaka instead of Tokyo for Koyosan to Nikko trip?
- 7 3 1/2 weeks in Japan. Do I need dinner reservations anywhere?
- 8 Next step - drive or be driven - Mae Hong Son loop
- 9 Chiang Mai, Thailand airport departure tax
- 10 RHKKMKs---Just to be copy cats
- 11 Burma with a toddler
- 12 Having doubts with China
- 13 .INDONESIA, ETC...great new book!
- 14 Where have you be able to find your small denomination pristine currency?
- 15 I have 6 nights end of Nov Beg of December - ImTHINKING.....
- 16 Bali wedding in villa
- 17 21 days thailand and vietnam
- 18 beaches in Thailand
- 19 The world's biggest cave in Vietnam?
- 20 Northern Burma on the RV Pandaw II
- 21 Escorted Tour of Vietnam
- 22 Planning First Family Trip to Japan - Advice Needed!
- 23 South Korea, 7th World Water Forum - April 2015
- 24 Craig and Jeane Depart for Australia and Bali
- 25 Craig and Jeane's Sydney & the Blue Mountains Trip Report is Up