I'm 24 years old and I would like to make a trip to Myanmar for 14-21 days. Have not decided yet if I want to do this on my own or in a small group. What I do know is that I want to see Myanmar through the eyes of a local, using public transport instead of a personal driver, seeing places that you would never get to see with a touristic travel agency. I would love for instance to overnight in a buddhist monastery. I wont go between November-Febrary, just to avoid too many tourists.
I assume I should contact a local agency, or maybe I could organise this whole trip on my own. I dont know.
Maybe you could have some tips for me?
Looking forward to your reply. Thanks in advance for your tips.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Visa for Burma/Myanmar
- 2 What does a Japan Rail Pass really do?
- 3 Footing on Druk Trek in Bhutan?
- 4 Cambodia & Vietnam- 2 Weeks with Kids
- 5 Krabi? Phuket? Phi Phi?
- 6 Itinerary for 12 days in Burma- help decide
- 7 Off the Beaten Path Near Kanazawa?
- 8 Great Wall in a wheelchair
- 9 Beaches closest to Rajasthan
- 10 15 Days in Japan, Need Help With Last Two
- 11 Vietnam, Laos, Siem Reap, Chiang Rai - ? the right # days/order of travel??
- 12 Return of tourism to Nepal
- 13 Myanmar- Popular Sights and even a few hospitals!
- 14 Yangon Birthday Dinner
- 15 Best beaches in Sri Lanka
- 16 Sweltering, steamy, sizzingly southern India--It was hot!
- 17 4 wonderful solo weeks in South Korea
- 18 Eating in India
- 19 Trekking in India
- 20 Hong Kong Layover at Night
- 21 Kavey April 2016 Japan Itinerary Planning
- 22 Sri Lanka plan
- 23 Vietnam - September 2015
- 24 A tour operator overwhelmingly mentioned on another site
- 25 Beijing tours -- worth it?