I'm 24 years old and I would like to make a trip to Myanmar for 14-21 days. Have not decided yet if I want to do this on my own or in a small group. What I do know is that I want to see Myanmar through the eyes of a local, using public transport instead of a personal driver, seeing places that you would never get to see with a touristic travel agency. I would love for instance to overnight in a buddhist monastery. I wont go between November-Febrary, just to avoid too many tourists.
I assume I should contact a local agency, or maybe I could organise this whole trip on my own. I dont know.
Maybe you could have some tips for me?
Looking forward to your reply. Thanks in advance for your tips.
Myanmar through eyes of a local
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Thailand and where else in December? Sweden, Australia, Asian cruise?
- 2 Feedback on India Tour specifics
- 3 South Chaweng beach Hotel Recommendations?
- 4 4 wonderful solo weeks in South Korea
- 5 Hong Kong for Chinese New Year 2015
- 6 Angkor - when to go?
- 7 Luang Prabang -- budget guesthouse?
- 8 Anyone book tour with Vietnam Private Tours?
- 9 Nha Trang Island, Phu Quoc, or Sihanoukville
- 10 Honeymoon in december 2014
- 11 One night in Bangkok ... Btw 2 airports
- 12 India with 4 kids
- 13 Knockoff Designer bags in Vietnam?
- 14 Travel during China national week?
- 15 Destination Bangkok, again
- 16 And there goes the neighborhood........
- 17 Japan--Visiting Saihoji (Moss Temple)
- 18 Trip Report: Java, Bali, Rinca, Borneo, Siem Reap
- 19 trip to sapa not taking a tour
- 20 Hong Kong in June - Oh The Humidity!!
- 21 Jeep Safari in Bandhavgarh National Park, India
- 22 Shanghai, reasonable hotel near the Bund and public transport
- 23 15 Days in Japan, Itinerary Help Please
- 24 Bhutan, Nepal or both (in about 3 weeks?)
- 25 Bagan Guide Recommendation