I'm 24 years old and I would like to make a trip to Myanmar for 14-21 days. Have not decided yet if I want to do this on my own or in a small group. What I do know is that I want to see Myanmar through the eyes of a local, using public transport instead of a personal driver, seeing places that you would never get to see with a touristic travel agency. I would love for instance to overnight in a buddhist monastery. I wont go between November-Febrary, just to avoid too many tourists.
I assume I should contact a local agency, or maybe I could organise this whole trip on my own. I dont know.
Maybe you could have some tips for me?
Looking forward to your reply. Thanks in advance for your tips.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Feb 3- Feb 11, 2017 Itinerary help please
- 2 TOP THINGS TO DO IN BAGAN, MYANMAR
- 3 50th Anniversary trip
- 4 Are 8 days enough for this itinerary ?
- 5 Chestnuts, Hokusai, Snow Monkeys: two day trip to Obuse & Shibu Onsen
- 6 SE Asia in December/January
- 7 A Journey to Jagna, Bohol - Trip Report
- 8 My Topic TitleTravel Partner in Karimunjawa Islands
- 9 Osaka-Kyoto-Shiragawa-Tokyo
- 10 Recommended novel for those visiting (or who have visited ) Cambodia
- 11 Myanmaromestic flights and transport :cash :guide/travel agency i
- 12 14 days in Myanmar
- 13 Harbin in mid March
- 14 Changing planes at Dubai
- 15 Trip Report: Pandaw’s cruise down the Mekong from China to Laos
- 16 The Mystic East - a tale of hot food, hot weather, airmiles and imodium.
- 17 Third Time and Still Charmed: Kathie and Cheryl take a Pandaw Cruise
- 18 Indian Food Series
- 19 First time in India and Nepal-HELP
- 20 "necessities" for India
- 21 New Year Eve in Hanoi
- 22 Early planning for Kazakhstan and Mongolia
- 23 Vietnam to increase visa cost for Americans
- 24 12 x Day Itinerary- Please give me your feedback
- 25 DC to Dubai 3 nts, Tokyo 6 nts. Kyoto day trip? Itinerary thoughts?