I'm 24 years old and I would like to make a trip to Myanmar for 14-21 days. Have not decided yet if I want to do this on my own or in a small group. What I do know is that I want to see Myanmar through the eyes of a local, using public transport instead of a personal driver, seeing places that you would never get to see with a touristic travel agency. I would love for instance to overnight in a buddhist monastery. I wont go between November-Febrary, just to avoid too many tourists.
I assume I should contact a local agency, or maybe I could organise this whole trip on my own. I dont know.
Maybe you could have some tips for me?
Looking forward to your reply. Thanks in advance for your tips.
Myanmar through eyes of a local
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Day trip by car from Kyoto?
- 2 Plans for Nepal/Bhutan continued: how does this sound??
- 3 Suggestions for bike tour operators that offer smaller tours (4-5 days)
- 4 Bali and Java - 24 September to 23 October 2014
- 5 Souvenirs/shopping in Thailand
- 6 Travelling in China at Christmas
- 7 meeting at beijing airport
- 8 One week in Tokyo
- 9 Sri Lanka vacation with 4 year old.... 10 Day Itenerary Review Help...
- 10 Pai in N. Thailand? Worth it?
- 11 Confused about where to stay in Tokyo
- 12 Mad Dash Across Too Much - Sri Lanka Not Bangladesh
- 13 Hotel in Singapore
- 14 Any new BKK hotels or with new mgt. worth checking on?
- 15 Cooking in Chiang Mai & Driving Around Northern Thailand
- 16 Our favorite hotels and restaurants of Bali – Ubud, Amed, Pemuteran
- 17 Bali - January 2015
- 18 Guide/Driver for Mumbai,
- 19 Visa Cambodia
- 20 Thailand,Cambodia,Vietnam Itinerary ***Open to any suggestions
- 21 New Thailand Visa Rules Effective Aug/29/2014
- 22 Two questions about Thailand
- 23 Help! Taking Prescription Drugs Into Japan
- 24 Red River Delta in Viet Nam: A Good Idea for a Day Trip from Hanoi?
- 25 Myanmar Trip Report: Is It "Too Late" To Go?