I'm 24 years old and I would like to make a trip to Myanmar for 14-21 days. Have not decided yet if I want to do this on my own or in a small group. What I do know is that I want to see Myanmar through the eyes of a local, using public transport instead of a personal driver, seeing places that you would never get to see with a touristic travel agency. I would love for instance to overnight in a buddhist monastery. I wont go between November-Febrary, just to avoid too many tourists.
I assume I should contact a local agency, or maybe I could organise this whole trip on my own. I dont know.
Maybe you could have some tips for me?
Looking forward to your reply. Thanks in advance for your tips.
Myanmar through eyes of a local
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Trip Report - Yunnan Province, China and Mongolia
- 2 buying a van in Mongolia
- 3 April in Bangkok, again!
- 4 osaka to kobe frrom ship to ship
- 5 12 day split between Beijing and Shanghai
- 6 Biting the India bullet...well, maybe...
- 7 Japan, japan
- 8 Have you stayed at Outrigger Laguna Beach Resort Phuket?
- 9 Bangkok, Luang Prabang, Luang Say, Chiang Rai, Singapore (but no Siem Reap)
- 10 Flying from place to place in Asia - here's our plan with questions
- 11 Hong Kong restaurants
- 12 Problems at 12,000'
- 13 GOING TO SE ASIA , NEED HELP
- 14 Hotels in Hong Kong
- 15 India for 2 weeks in December/January
- 16 Drinking cheap in Singapore
- 17 Has anyone done a houseboat trip in Kerala
- 18 Bali trip - Places to visit outside of Bali / SE Asia
- 19 Sixteen Day in South Korea
- 20 SE Asia July/August - more itinerary advice needed
- 21 what gifts to take to host in Cambodia from the U.D.
- 22 Recs for Tokyo hotels
- 23 How safe is Delhi/India
- 24 Malaria
- 25 Vietnam and coffee