Need help with my Myanmar itinerary. My partner and I have travelled most of the world on our own but neglected Asia. We do our own arrangements and wing it when we can and stay away from group tours. After doing preliminary research I;m convinced we need a local travel agent for Myanmar.
The following is my proposed itinerary for traveling in Nov.
3 nts Rangoon
2 nts Mandalay
2 its on Pandaw Cruise
3 nts Bagon
3 nts Inle Lake
We do have 6 nts before Rangoon that are free and I am thinking of Cambodia. My thoughts are that I might be short changing Myanmar and if we go to Cambodia, is dividing the time between Siam Reap and Lang Probang realistic or should we just stay 4 its in Siem Reap and add the other two nts to Myanmar and perhaps go to the Golden Rock? At times I am having 2nd thoughts about the 2 nandaw Pandaw Cruise. Have any of you travelled with them?
It seem Katie and several of you have spoken so highly of Santa Maria Travel that I probably will contact them as soon as I have finalized my itinerary.
Thanks for any help you can give me.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Japan Itinerary!
- 2 Myanmar in Five days - Advice please!
- 3 Vientiane and ??
- 4 JFK to BKK sale on Qatar
- 5 Magical India
- 6 Possible itinerary - 4 days in Georgia
- 7 16 days in Japan--how to divide time?
- 8 cross from Ketapang in Java to Gilimanuk in Bali
- 9 Wild China vs Travel Guide China (or the like)
- 10 Himachal Pradesh
- 11 Luggage size China ?
- 12 New Vietnam eVisa service
- 13 Thai Elephants
- 14 Need for promethium sprayed mosquito nets for SEAsia travel
- 15 Best location for snorkelling/ beach/ quiet resort/ great Thai food
- 16 Cancelling trip to Burma; seeking advice for outskirts of Bangkok
- 17 Is it safe to travel Hong Kong in Oct?
- 18 Sri Lanka in August
- 19 Self-drive in Thailand?
- 20 India itinerary critique please
- 21 Japan/Korea/HK
- 22 Need Honeymoon Ideas - Southeast Asia
- 23 12 days in Vietnam Jan/Feb
- 24 Bangkok in 3 days - Weekdays
- 25 Impressions of India