My husband and I spent 9 days in Myanmar this past December. We had an amazing trip and I'm finally posting about it on my blog [http://kristinpotenti.com/blog/our-first-day-in-myanmar-a-flight-a-drive-a-trip-to-national-kandawgyi-botanical-gardens/] . There's just one post now but I'll continue to post trip details over the next few weeks. I arranged the trip partially on my own and partially through Green Myanmar Travel Agency. I highly recommend them. They made our visa on arrival procurement very smooth, the driver they arranged was wonderful and the trekking from Kalaw to Inle Lake arranged through them was my favorite part of the trip.
The following was our itinerary
Day 1 Flew DMK (Bangkok) to Mandalay, drove to Pyin Oo Lwin & stayed overnight
Day 2 Took the train from Pyin Oo Lwin over the Viaduct and then drove to Hsipaw; explored Hsipaw and stayed overnight
Day 3 Day trek from Hsipaw to a Palaung (pronounced Palaw) village (17km distance mostly uphill)
Day 4 Drove from Hsipaw to Mandalay- sunset at U-Bein Bridge
Day 5 Flew Mandalay to Bagan (30 minute flight)
Day 6 Bagan
Day 7 Flew Bagan to Heho; GM Travel picked us up at the airport and we drove directly to begin our trek just outside Kalaw; Spent the day trekking and stayed overnight in a Pa'o village
Day 8 Trekking from Pa'O village to Inle Lake
Day 9 Inle Lake
Day 10 Departed from Heho
I'm happy to answer any questions if you're thinking of doing a similar itinerary.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 19 Day Sri Lanka Itinerary - Advice Needed!
- 2 Hot Sexual Enjoy Ride With Delhi Escorts
- 3 2 Week Honeymoon in Singapore and Indonesia
- 4 Advice for a newbie!
- 5 bombay shopping
- 6 Train from Mumbai to Goa - Yes or No?
- 7 4.5 days in Singapore
- 8 options on 2 potential itineraries
- 9 5 day rain-free trip in India
- 10 Te Best Luxury Ryokans in Japan
- 11 A 6-week waking dream in North and South India.
- 12 Ryokan in Hakone - best location?
- 13 Hakone question
- 14 "Ishaani" and "Ranvir" return from 2 weeks in Uzbekistan
- 15 Booking hotels for Japan in April 2017
- 16 India 1st Time Itinerary Revised - HELP!
- 17 Advise on visting Hokkaido to photograph cranes
- 18 Question about travel to Mae Sot
- 19 Oh dear. Japan's 7-11 cash machines have just been robbed.
- 20 David's First Draft Itinerary for Sakura 2017
- 21 Japan tickets purchased a itinerary help needed
- 22 Phillipines with two young children in December
- 23 Struggling with SE Asia Itinerary for November
- 24 Hong Kong or Toyko
- 25 Hong Kong early June