My husband and I spent 9 days in Myanmar this past December. We had an amazing trip and I'm finally posting about it on my blog [http://kristinpotenti.com/blog/our-first-day-in-myanmar-a-flight-a-drive-a-trip-to-national-kandawgyi-botanical-gardens/] . There's just one post now but I'll continue to post trip details over the next few weeks. I arranged the trip partially on my own and partially through Green Myanmar Travel Agency. I highly recommend them. They made our visa on arrival procurement very smooth, the driver they arranged was wonderful and the trekking from Kalaw to Inle Lake arranged through them was my favorite part of the trip.
The following was our itinerary
Day 1 Flew DMK (Bangkok) to Mandalay, drove to Pyin Oo Lwin & stayed overnight
Day 2 Took the train from Pyin Oo Lwin over the Viaduct and then drove to Hsipaw; explored Hsipaw and stayed overnight
Day 3 Day trek from Hsipaw to a Palaung (pronounced Palaw) village (17km distance mostly uphill)
Day 4 Drove from Hsipaw to Mandalay- sunset at U-Bein Bridge
Day 5 Flew Mandalay to Bagan (30 minute flight)
Day 6 Bagan
Day 7 Flew Bagan to Heho; GM Travel picked us up at the airport and we drove directly to begin our trek just outside Kalaw; Spent the day trekking and stayed overnight in a Pa'o village
Day 8 Trekking from Pa'O village to Inle Lake
Day 9 Inle Lake
Day 10 Departed from Heho
I'm happy to answer any questions if you're thinking of doing a similar itinerary.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Seeking Help with First Trip to Japan
- 2 Air India Versus Jet airways. Which is best for India
- 3 5 weeks in Japan
- 4 Kathie and Cheryl are off on another SE Asian adventure
- 5 Myanmar- Popular Sights and even a few hospitals!
- 6 Namaste--Nepal trip report November 2015
- 7 Holiday in Cambodia - plus Myanmar for a wedding.
- 8 Annual Fall Asia Trip
- 9 Advantage of using Smithsonian Tours
- 10 Tokyo Story's Setsuko Hara dies at 95
- 11 TRIP REPORT: Just returned from first visit to Japan!
- 12 India trip report-brief recommendations
- 13 Lodge in Borneo
- 14 Best Singapore Sunday Brunch Hotel?
- 15 China and Japan help
- 16 Crossing Myanmar with own car (Thailand -> India) in Aug or Sep 2014
- 17 Trip report: Horse riding holiday in Sri Lanka – October 2015
- 18 First time – Solo - Japan 2016
- 19 Thank You Fabulous Fodorites, and some Upcoming Trip Questions
- 20 India - Bangalore, Mysore & Agra
- 21 Requesting Passport Number
- 22 Kompong Kleang or Kompong Phluk?
- 23 Planning for a trip to Northwest Vietnam
- 24 Phu Quoc
- 25 looking for Vietnam based TA to help plan trip