My husband and I spent 9 days in Myanmar this past December. We had an amazing trip and I'm finally posting about it on my blog [http://kristinpotenti.com/blog/our-first-day-in-myanmar-a-flight-a-drive-a-trip-to-national-kandawgyi-botanical-gardens/] . There's just one post now but I'll continue to post trip details over the next few weeks. I arranged the trip partially on my own and partially through Green Myanmar Travel Agency. I highly recommend them. They made our visa on arrival procurement very smooth, the driver they arranged was wonderful and the trekking from Kalaw to Inle Lake arranged through them was my favorite part of the trip.
The following was our itinerary
Day 1 Flew DMK (Bangkok) to Mandalay, drove to Pyin Oo Lwin & stayed overnight
Day 2 Took the train from Pyin Oo Lwin over the Viaduct and then drove to Hsipaw; explored Hsipaw and stayed overnight
Day 3 Day trek from Hsipaw to a Palaung (pronounced Palaw) village (17km distance mostly uphill)
Day 4 Drove from Hsipaw to Mandalay- sunset at U-Bein Bridge
Day 5 Flew Mandalay to Bagan (30 minute flight)
Day 6 Bagan
Day 7 Flew Bagan to Heho; GM Travel picked us up at the airport and we drove directly to begin our trek just outside Kalaw; Spent the day trekking and stayed overnight in a Pa'o village
Day 8 Trekking from Pa'O village to Inle Lake
Day 9 Inle Lake
Day 10 Departed from Heho
I'm happy to answer any questions if you're thinking of doing a similar itinerary.
Myanmar (Burma) Trip Report
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Vietnam Visa on Arrival - Help
- 2 A week of blue skies in Beijing, who would've guessed?
- 3 Kyoto: hotel choices, guides,day trip to Nara
- 4 How would you do Hiroshima & Miyajima if can only stay 1 night in Miyajima?
- 5 First trip to Japan-17 night Itinerary in Cherry Blossom season
- 6 Japan Itinerary Help Please! 4.5-4.17
- 7 Which is better with kids, Dubai or Singapore ?
- 8 Burma - Our Mad Dash Across Too Much
- 9 Can you HELP with figuring out United Miles and how to get them SF-Bangkok?
- 10 Assistance planning remaining 5 days in South Thailand
- 11 First trip to China ! Need help with itinerary
- 12 Mangalore, India as cruise stop…seems underwhelming
- 13 Final Itinerary Kyoto area through Kamakura (skipping Tokyo this trip)
- 14 Which to see first - Kyoto or Tokyo?
- 15 Indian visa
- 16 13 Hour layover in KL, never visited city before, ideas?
- 17 The City, the River, the Jungle: Our Holiday in Kuching - Borneo
- 18 Hello from Thailand - I'm here!
- 19 Is Asiana Airlines safe?
- 20 Art in Shanghai
- 21 Dress code in India
- 22 One week in India
- 23 Wedding anniversary in Bali
- 24 Bali for 10 days need help with budget
- 25 help me plan my first trip to japan!