My husband and I spent 9 days in Myanmar this past December. We had an amazing trip and I'm finally posting about it on my blog [http://kristinpotenti.com/blog/our-first-day-in-myanmar-a-flight-a-drive-a-trip-to-national-kandawgyi-botanical-gardens/] . There's just one post now but I'll continue to post trip details over the next few weeks. I arranged the trip partially on my own and partially through Green Myanmar Travel Agency. I highly recommend them. They made our visa on arrival procurement very smooth, the driver they arranged was wonderful and the trekking from Kalaw to Inle Lake arranged through them was my favorite part of the trip.
The following was our itinerary
Day 1 Flew DMK (Bangkok) to Mandalay, drove to Pyin Oo Lwin & stayed overnight
Day 2 Took the train from Pyin Oo Lwin over the Viaduct and then drove to Hsipaw; explored Hsipaw and stayed overnight
Day 3 Day trek from Hsipaw to a Palaung (pronounced Palaw) village (17km distance mostly uphill)
Day 4 Drove from Hsipaw to Mandalay- sunset at U-Bein Bridge
Day 5 Flew Mandalay to Bagan (30 minute flight)
Day 6 Bagan
Day 7 Flew Bagan to Heho; GM Travel picked us up at the airport and we drove directly to begin our trek just outside Kalaw; Spent the day trekking and stayed overnight in a Pa'o village
Day 8 Trekking from Pa'O village to Inle Lake
Day 9 Inle Lake
Day 10 Departed from Heho
I'm happy to answer any questions if you're thinking of doing a similar itinerary.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Advice needed from Japan train pros
- 2 HK to Beijing for 3 weeks- mid March to early April- itinerary help please!
- 3 Cherry Blossom season Mount Fuji area
- 4 Tokyo - Kamakura - Yokohama
- 5 Japan GTG, early April
- 6 Beijing tours
- 7 Tour Agency Recommendation
- 8 Hong Kong and Angkor Wat
- 9 Goodbye, Carol Simpson
- 10 Googling to going...to Gujarat!
- 11 Honest opinion needed about Thailand
- 12 A Netflix series for those who enjoy Tokyo
- 13 Takayama trail, Japan
- 14 Hotels near Takefu Train Station
- 15 1 day itinerary in Busan
- 16 Trip report : Annapurna Circuit October 2016
- 17 Japan - Will We Get Lost?
- 18 On the road again - to Incredible India.
- 19 Cambodia to Vietnam e-visa image format
- 20 Nakasendo Walk: Some help please
- 21 Visa for India
- 22 Best place to buy real cheap designer bags ?
- 23 Hútòng Walking
- 24 Asia Forum Fans: Craig and Jeane Visit Ecuador and the Galapagos
- 25 Singapore SAEX bus service question