My husband and I spent 9 days in Myanmar this past December. We had an amazing trip and I'm finally posting about it on my blog [http://kristinpotenti.com/blog/our-first-day-in-myanmar-a-flight-a-drive-a-trip-to-national-kandawgyi-botanical-gardens/] . There's just one post now but I'll continue to post trip details over the next few weeks. I arranged the trip partially on my own and partially through Green Myanmar Travel Agency. I highly recommend them. They made our visa on arrival procurement very smooth, the driver they arranged was wonderful and the trekking from Kalaw to Inle Lake arranged through them was my favorite part of the trip.
The following was our itinerary
Day 1 Flew DMK (Bangkok) to Mandalay, drove to Pyin Oo Lwin & stayed overnight
Day 2 Took the train from Pyin Oo Lwin over the Viaduct and then drove to Hsipaw; explored Hsipaw and stayed overnight
Day 3 Day trek from Hsipaw to a Palaung (pronounced Palaw) village (17km distance mostly uphill)
Day 4 Drove from Hsipaw to Mandalay- sunset at U-Bein Bridge
Day 5 Flew Mandalay to Bagan (30 minute flight)
Day 6 Bagan
Day 7 Flew Bagan to Heho; GM Travel picked us up at the airport and we drove directly to begin our trek just outside Kalaw; Spent the day trekking and stayed overnight in a Pa'o village
Day 8 Trekking from Pa'O village to Inle Lake
Day 9 Inle Lake
Day 10 Departed from Heho
I'm happy to answer any questions if you're thinking of doing a similar itinerary.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 North India Itinerary advice
- 2 On the road again - to Incredible India.
- 3 Indonesia travel agent
- 4 Bali in Feb. for nature & unique cultural perspectives
- 5 Where to stay in Tokyo
- 6 Tuk-tuk, songthew or taxi?
- 7 First time in India and Nepal-HELP
- 8 Osaka, aquarium?
- 9 2-3 weeks in Asia this fall
- 10 Seeking Help With My Sri Lanka And South India Itinerary: Rough Draft #1
- 11 Update on cash situation in India for imminent visitors
- 12 Difference in staying at Dambulla or Habarana
- 13 Advice on Hainan Island?
- 14 Where to go for 3 days in SEA after business meeting in Singapore?
- 15 3.5 Weeks in Japan (First-time) Itinerary Help
- 16 Trip Report: First time in Thailand and Cambodia
- 17 A beach of choice on Samui
- 18 Krabi--Ko Tao--Ko Samui
- 19 Bangkok Taxis
- 20 3 weeks - first time SEA
- 21 Where to buy reading glasses and get a massage in Bangkok?
- 22 Heads up for US people trying to pay for Myanmar by cc from the US
- 23 A month in central Asia
- 24 Central Asia Four Week Itinerary
- 25 Something about... Malaysia