My husband and I spent 9 days in Myanmar this past December. We had an amazing trip and I'm finally posting about it on my blog [http://kristinpotenti.com/blog/our-first-day-in-myanmar-a-flight-a-drive-a-trip-to-national-kandawgyi-botanical-gardens/] . There's just one post now but I'll continue to post trip details over the next few weeks. I arranged the trip partially on my own and partially through Green Myanmar Travel Agency. I highly recommend them. They made our visa on arrival procurement very smooth, the driver they arranged was wonderful and the trekking from Kalaw to Inle Lake arranged through them was my favorite part of the trip.
The following was our itinerary
Day 1 Flew DMK (Bangkok) to Mandalay, drove to Pyin Oo Lwin & stayed overnight
Day 2 Took the train from Pyin Oo Lwin over the Viaduct and then drove to Hsipaw; explored Hsipaw and stayed overnight
Day 3 Day trek from Hsipaw to a Palaung (pronounced Palaw) village (17km distance mostly uphill)
Day 4 Drove from Hsipaw to Mandalay- sunset at U-Bein Bridge
Day 5 Flew Mandalay to Bagan (30 minute flight)
Day 6 Bagan
Day 7 Flew Bagan to Heho; GM Travel picked us up at the airport and we drove directly to begin our trek just outside Kalaw; Spent the day trekking and stayed overnight in a Pa'o village
Day 8 Trekking from Pa'O village to Inle Lake
Day 9 Inle Lake
Day 10 Departed from Heho
I'm happy to answer any questions if you're thinking of doing a similar itinerary.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 My visit to Thailand
- 2 Annual Fall Asia Trip
- 3 What is the Facilities & Services of Maharajas Express Train?
- 4 Third Time and Still Charmed: Kathie and Cheryl take a Pandaw Cruise
- 5 Sunday Brunch in Thailand
- 6 Holiday in Cambodia - plus Myanmar for a wedding.
- 7 Best place to replenish my Japanese currency?
- 8 Gutted!
- 9 Crossing Myanmar with own car (Thailand -> India) in Aug or Sep 2014
- 10 5 weeks in Japan
- 11 My visit to Lao
- 12 proposed itinerary for 14 nights Feb. 2016
- 13 Vietnam and Cambodia opinions needed!
- 14 Family Trip to Japan
- 15 Seeking Help with First Trip to Japan
- 16 India Trip Three - Am I crazy?
- 17 Namaste--Nepal trip report November 2015
- 18 Question about jungles (sumatra, borneo) and forest fires
- 19 Kavey April 2016 Japan Itinerary Planning
- 20 Please comment on our 19 day itinerary for March 2016
- 21 New Member
- 22 Restaurants in Chennai, Kanchipurum and Pondicherry
- 23 Tashi Delek: trip report from Bhutan 2015
- 24 Hong Kong Trip Report November 2015
- 25 Kathie and Cheryl are off on another SE Asian adventure