My husband and I spent 9 days in Myanmar this past December. We had an amazing trip and I'm finally posting about it on my blog [http://kristinpotenti.com/blog/our-first-day-in-myanmar-a-flight-a-drive-a-trip-to-national-kandawgyi-botanical-gardens/] . There's just one post now but I'll continue to post trip details over the next few weeks. I arranged the trip partially on my own and partially through Green Myanmar Travel Agency. I highly recommend them. They made our visa on arrival procurement very smooth, the driver they arranged was wonderful and the trekking from Kalaw to Inle Lake arranged through them was my favorite part of the trip.
The following was our itinerary
Day 1 Flew DMK (Bangkok) to Mandalay, drove to Pyin Oo Lwin & stayed overnight
Day 2 Took the train from Pyin Oo Lwin over the Viaduct and then drove to Hsipaw; explored Hsipaw and stayed overnight
Day 3 Day trek from Hsipaw to a Palaung (pronounced Palaw) village (17km distance mostly uphill)
Day 4 Drove from Hsipaw to Mandalay- sunset at U-Bein Bridge
Day 5 Flew Mandalay to Bagan (30 minute flight)
Day 6 Bagan
Day 7 Flew Bagan to Heho; GM Travel picked us up at the airport and we drove directly to begin our trek just outside Kalaw; Spent the day trekking and stayed overnight in a Pa'o village
Day 8 Trekking from Pa'O village to Inle Lake
Day 9 Inle Lake
Day 10 Departed from Heho
I'm happy to answer any questions if you're thinking of doing a similar itinerary.
Myanmar (Burma) Trip Report
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 beaches in Thailand
- 2 Trying To Decide Between These 2 Hotels In Singapore
- 3 Anatara Riverside Bangkok
- 4 rkkwan's Nepal trip Sept 2014 - Kathmandu, Pokhara, Poon Hill Trek
- 5 3 1/2 weeks in Japan. Do I need dinner reservations anywhere?
- 6 Travelling with 3 yr old; please comment on 10 day itinerary
- 7 RHKKMKs---Just to be copy cats
- 8 Travel & leisure reports Burma as one of most dangerous countries to visit
- 9 Planning First Family Trip to Japan - Advice Needed!
- 10 A little help with my Burma plan..
- 11 Kyushu rail pass
- 12 Staying 3 nights in Jaisalmer, what attractions we should see
- 13 Ryoken recommendation pls either in Tokyo;Hiroshima;Kyoto?
- 14 6 full days in Yagoon
- 15 Juphal and dunai help needed
- 16 Feedback on Thailand/SE Asia initial itinerary w/ kids
- 17 My SEA trip : 2 months
- 18 Hong Kong Island Hotels - Far From Central
- 19 2 Weeks Thailand Honeymoon
- 20 Plans for Nepal/Bhutan continued: how does this sound??
- 21 A question concerning Sri Lanka's rainfall in Jan.
- 22 Tucan Travel Wonders of India and Nepal Review - Travelers, Beware!
- 23 Currency in South Korea
- 24 Tipping in Japan
- 25 Japan & Korea - A little of this, a little of that