Taking off for Myanmar next week for two weeks. Will be in:
Ngapali (3 nts), Bagan (3nts), on a Paukan cruise (2nts), Mandalay (1nt), Lake Inle (4nts), Yangon (2nts).
We arrive very late on the first night (after midnight), and depart the following afternoon at 1 p.m. for Thandwe/Ngapali, so I am looking for a cheap but cheerful hotel with decent bfast near-ish the airport for 1 night. Any ideas on hotels or what area to consider staying in? Since we are traveling from NYC-PEK first, we'll be pretty tired, so I don't think we plan to do any Yangon sightseeing before that flight to Ngapali.
Also, any must-stop restaurant recommendations in any of the places I've listed above? I've gleaned one so far: Be Kind To Animals The Moon in Bagan.
I've read a lot of reports about people getting sick. Was it bad luck at certain restaurants or did some people drink the water? A mix of reasons?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Myanmar in Five days - Advice please!
- 2 Magical India
- 3 Feedback on Kyushu itinerary
- 4 Best location for snorkelling/ beach/ quiet resort/ great Thai food
- 5 Need for promethium sprayed mosquito nets for SEAsia travel
- 6 Japan Itinerary!
- 7 Vientiane and ??
- 8 JFK to BKK sale on Qatar
- 9 Possible itinerary - 4 days in Georgia
- 10 16 days in Japan--how to divide time?
- 11 cross from Ketapang in Java to Gilimanuk in Bali
- 12 Wild China vs Travel Guide China (or the like)
- 13 Himachal Pradesh
- 14 Luggage size China ?
- 15 New Vietnam eVisa service
- 16 Thai Elephants
- 17 Cancelling trip to Burma; seeking advice for outskirts of Bangkok
- 18 Is it safe to travel Hong Kong in Oct?
- 19 Sri Lanka in August
- 20 Self-drive in Thailand?
- 21 India itinerary critique please
- 22 Japan/Korea/HK
- 23 Need Honeymoon Ideas - Southeast Asia
- 24 12 days in Vietnam Jan/Feb
- 25 Bangkok in 3 days - Weekdays