Taking off for Myanmar next week for two weeks. Will be in:
Ngapali (3 nts), Bagan (3nts), on a Paukan cruise (2nts), Mandalay (1nt), Lake Inle (4nts), Yangon (2nts).
We arrive very late on the first night (after midnight), and depart the following afternoon at 1 p.m. for Thandwe/Ngapali, so I am looking for a cheap but cheerful hotel with decent bfast near-ish the airport for 1 night. Any ideas on hotels or what area to consider staying in? Since we are traveling from NYC-PEK first, we'll be pretty tired, so I don't think we plan to do any Yangon sightseeing before that flight to Ngapali.
Also, any must-stop restaurant recommendations in any of the places I've listed above? I've gleaned one so far: Be Kind To Animals The Moon in Bagan.
I've read a lot of reports about people getting sick. Was it bad luck at certain restaurants or did some people drink the water? A mix of reasons?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Kuala Lumpur Advice - Tour Recommendation
- 2 Please Critique My Itinerary
- 3 Taiwan confusion..
- 4 Tokyo daytrip
- 5 Elephant Hills or Elephant Haven in Thailand?
- 6 Namaste India - Shopping/Money
- 7 Does it make sense to stay at 2 Tokyo hotels?
- 8 Help with itinerary for 11 days
- 9 Looking for Ryokan in Hakone
- 10 Laos- two weeks in January
- 11 Japan (Tokyo) trip- April or May least expensive to travel?
- 12 Need help with Sri Lanka itinerary and hotels
- 13 Ryokan in Hakone - best location?
- 14 Visa for India
- 15 Snapshots From Kerala
- 16 Need ideas for 9 nights end of Feb. in Malaysia or Indonesia
- 17 Planning First Family Trip to Japan - Advice Needed!
- 18 Other than Kyoto?
- 19 Japan itinerary advice
- 20 Quickie Kathmandu visit worthwhile?
- 21 First time in Japan - itinerary feedback
- 22 Trip Report : China
- 23 help with trip itinerary in April/May
- 24 Japan GTG, early April
- 25 Upcoming friendly planet trip best of India and nepql