Taking off for Myanmar next week for two weeks. Will be in:
Ngapali (3 nts), Bagan (3nts), on a Paukan cruise (2nts), Mandalay (1nt), Lake Inle (4nts), Yangon (2nts).
We arrive very late on the first night (after midnight), and depart the following afternoon at 1 p.m. for Thandwe/Ngapali, so I am looking for a cheap but cheerful hotel with decent bfast near-ish the airport for 1 night. Any ideas on hotels or what area to consider staying in? Since we are traveling from NYC-PEK first, we'll be pretty tired, so I don't think we plan to do any Yangon sightseeing before that flight to Ngapali.
Also, any must-stop restaurant recommendations in any of the places I've listed above? I've gleaned one so far: Be Kind To Animals The Moon in Bagan.
I've read a lot of reports about people getting sick. Was it bad luck at certain restaurants or did some people drink the water? A mix of reasons?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Yercaud – Cheapest Getaway from Chennai
- 2 Nywoman single older woman goes to Japan
- 3 Laos or Kerala?
- 4 Home delivery restaurant in gurgaon
- 5 Is the Bennesse Naoshima Worth It?
- 6 Go ahead...Eat the street food and buffets!
- 7 Yogyakarta, Java. Indonesian Cuisine! - Travel Report
- 8 Bali & Singapore in October
- 9 Many Questions for 1st Japan Trip
- 10 Singapore hotel for 3 days
- 11 Bangkok travelogue with kids (ages 5 and 3)
- 12 Ferry from Selayar to Flores
- 13 Booking on the fly
- 14 Which Mumbai Hotel? Westin vs Marriott
- 15 Tea estates of Munnar
- 16 Southeast Asia 2 month itinerary
- 17 How many nights in Tokyo/Kyoto/Osaka? Organizing an itinerary?
- 18 India - remnants of the British Raj
- 19 6 weeks in Nepal, Bhutan, Borneo and more...
- 20 Bali Honeymoon - Rec. for Quieter Northern Town
- 21 My Japan Travels - Follow-along with me
- 22 like my food
- 23 Hanoi, Vietnam 1 week
- 24 Portable wifi rental
- 25 21 Day Itinerary to Myanmar - Looking for Suggestions