I am headed to Sri Lanka and South India in September, 2107, and I request your help with flights for the India portion of the trip.
My annual solo trip for September, 2017 will be two weeks in Sri Lanka, and one week in South India. I just got my outbound business class award seat on Cathay, and I arrive in Colombo on September 1. The return flights are not yet in the system, but I would like to return home from India on September 24.
For right now, I only have a question about the India portion of my trip. I plan on taking Sri Lanka airlines, tentatively from Colombo to Chennai on September 15 or so, and a week later, departing from India on Cathay to LAX via Hong Kong. I am interested in seeing the temples in the Tamil Nadu region. Eyewitness presents a one week itinerary as follows:
Chennai--Kanchipuram-Mamallapuram-North of Mamallapuram-Puducherry
Does an itinerary like that make sense? If so, would I arrive in India in Chennai, and leave from Chennai as well? (Cathay flies to Hong Kong from Mumbai, Kolkotta, Chennia, Delhi, Hyderabad, and Bangalore.) How would I get around--do I need a car and driver the whole time?
Thanks a bunch!
PS - 1: I like culture, history, flora and fauna, but no beaches.
PS -2: I look forward to picking the brains of all the Sri Lanka experts, but not quite yet.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 http://rhinorx90eveningblog.com/bio-rocket-blast/
- 2 long run much less in all likelihood to come once more
- 3 Googling to going...to Gujarat!
- 4 Twin rooms in Japan
- 5 4 weeks trip to South East Asia
- 6 Palawan / Marshall Law... should we be concerned?
- 7 Central Asia: Itinerary Advice
- 8 6 weeks in Nepal, Bhutan, Borneo and more...
- 9 Where to from Tokyo?!
- 10 Please critique my revised itinerary- July 2017
- 11 Impressions of India
- 12 Sri Lanka Association looking for volunteer
- 13 sri lanka- tips required
- 14 New Vietnam eVisa service
- 15 My Japan Travels - Follow-along with me
- 16 India - remnants of the British Raj
- 17 Hanoi, Vietnam 1 week
- 18 Go ahead...Eat the street food and buffets!
- 19 Christmas in the Alps
- 20 Nywoman single older woman goes to Japan
- 21 Is the Bennesse Naoshima Worth It?
- 22 Yercaud – Cheapest Getaway from Chennai
- 23 trying to fathom Chinese train travel
- 24 Laos or Kerala?
- 25 Yogyakarta, Java. Indonesian Cuisine! - Travel Report