I am going to Thailand at the start of March for 2 weeks and I've been doing quite a bit of reading up but my husband hasn't read as much and is finding himself feeling nervous about going.
What would you say are the most important things for tourists to keep in mind/be aware of (dangers, scams, illnesses, etc)? We've never been to Thailand before - the only place we've been in Asia is Tokyo, and he was very comfortable there (but had been once before and was quite familiar with the culture). We do travel quite a bit but this our first time in Southeast Asia. We're going to Chiang Mai (4 days), Bangkok (3 days) and Koh Chang (5 days).
Thank you very much for your help!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 New Years in Japan
- 2 A hungry mouse's (very sweaty) adventures in the Land of the Rising Sun
- 3 Osaka Food Guide - Travel Report
- 4 Tuk Tuk Driver For Cochin
- 5 Sri Lanka in December
- 6 Travel Report Turkmenistan (Ashgabat - Gas Crater - Konye Urgench)
- 7 New Thai Visa
- 8 january 31 in colombo
- 9 Serendipity Srilanka
- 10 sri lanka two places, two hotels
- 11 2 weeks in Vietnam
- 12 Traffic and Police in India
- 13 Sulawesi - Tanah Toraja, Lake Tempe and Ramang Ramang
- 14 Need ideas: Himeji? Osaka? Fukuchiyama area? Kinosaki
- 15 Best natural wonders in Japan?
- 16 Good fare for US west coast to Japan?
- 17 3 weeks in Japan
- 18 A first time for everything in Japan
- 19 India Tour Companies
- 20 Road Accidents and Police Assistance in SE Asia.
- 21 Tokyo-to do and districts
- 22 Kerala House Boat book online?
- 23 Chiang Mai, Chiang Rai, Sukhotai ..or even Siem Riep?:
- 24 Understanding beach destinations in Thailand
- 25 3 Weeks Thailand Itinerary - Advice Sought