I am going to Thailand at the start of March for 2 weeks and I've been doing quite a bit of reading up but my husband hasn't read as much and is finding himself feeling nervous about going.
What would you say are the most important things for tourists to keep in mind/be aware of (dangers, scams, illnesses, etc)? We've never been to Thailand before - the only place we've been in Asia is Tokyo, and he was very comfortable there (but had been once before and was quite familiar with the culture). We do travel quite a bit but this our first time in Southeast Asia. We're going to Chiang Mai (4 days), Bangkok (3 days) and Koh Chang (5 days).
Thank you very much for your help!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 One night in Osaka
- 2 Hokkaido and northern Honshu itinerary advice
- 3 Kamogawa Odori/Aoi Matsuri
- 4 Japan rough itinerary
- 5 Japan Cherry Blossom 2018
- 6 14 days Japan itinerary. First timers.
- 7 Japan for Foodies
- 8 David's Abbreviated Trip Report-Japan, Part 2-Sakura 2017
- 9 Taipei Art Scene - Travel Report
- 10 Advice itinerary trip Thailand/Laos in July
- 11 Singapore weather in August/September
- 12 Across Uzbekistan with MIR
- 13 Japan's Kyushu: Takachiho Gorge - Travel Report
- 14 First time going abroad
- 15 Sapporo to Lake Akan
- 16 First Time to Japan..Itin Advice Needed
- 17 sri lanka two places, two hotels
- 18 Backpacking on a budget
- 19 Googling to going...to Gujarat!
- 20 10 Days in Japan- Itinerary Review
- 21 travel to shirakawago from kyoto
- 22 Do It Yourself/No taxi Tour in China?
- 23 electric plug
- 24 Day trips from Sapporo
- 25 Etiquette in Japan