I am going to Thailand at the start of March for 2 weeks and I've been doing quite a bit of reading up but my husband hasn't read as much and is finding himself feeling nervous about going.
What would you say are the most important things for tourists to keep in mind/be aware of (dangers, scams, illnesses, etc)? We've never been to Thailand before - the only place we've been in Asia is Tokyo, and he was very comfortable there (but had been once before and was quite familiar with the culture). We do travel quite a bit but this our first time in Southeast Asia. We're going to Chiang Mai (4 days), Bangkok (3 days) and Koh Chang (5 days).
Thank you very much for your help!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Bangkok travelogue with kids (ages 5 and 3)
- 2 Booking on the fly
- 3 Tea estates of Munnar
- 4 India - remnants of the British Raj
- 5 Southeast Asia 2 month itinerary
- 6 Nywoman single older woman goes to Japan
- 7 Go ahead...Eat the street food and buffets!
- 8 Many Questions for 1st Japan Trip
- 9 Singapore hotel for 3 days
- 10 Yogyakarta, Java. Indonesian Cuisine! - Travel Report
- 11 How many nights in Tokyo/Kyoto/Osaka? Organizing an itinerary?
- 12 6 weeks in Nepal, Bhutan, Borneo and more...
- 13 Ferry from Selayar to Flores
- 14 Bali Honeymoon - Rec. for Quieter Northern Town
- 15 My Japan Travels - Follow-along with me
- 16 like my food
- 17 Laos or Kerala?
- 18 Hanoi, Vietnam 1 week
- 19 Portable wifi rental
- 20 21 Day Itinerary to Myanmar - Looking for Suggestions
- 21 Myanmar Itinerary -would like some help!
- 22 Where to from Tokyo?!
- 23 Duty-Free on Arrival at Hanoi Noi Bai Airport
- 24 Gluten Free in Armenia?
- 25 Uzbekistan Visa