I am going to Thailand at the start of March for 2 weeks and I've been doing quite a bit of reading up but my husband hasn't read as much and is finding himself feeling nervous about going.
What would you say are the most important things for tourists to keep in mind/be aware of (dangers, scams, illnesses, etc)? We've never been to Thailand before - the only place we've been in Asia is Tokyo, and he was very comfortable there (but had been once before and was quite familiar with the culture). We do travel quite a bit but this our first time in Southeast Asia. We're going to Chiang Mai (4 days), Bangkok (3 days) and Koh Chang (5 days).
Thank you very much for your help!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 AOL@ Password ReSet CONTACT ☎ 1:800:681:7208 Technical SUPP0RT CARE b*g
- 2 Kech YAHOO@ Password Reset CONTACT ☎ 1:800:982:8520 TECH SUPP0RT CARE
- 3 Japan Itinerary Help Needed
- 4 Japan rough itinerary
- 5 7 hour layover in Beijing
- 6 Cooking class/Food Tour/Fish market tour
- 7 Please recommend a hotel in Mumbai
- 8 Trip Report: Second Time to Japan - Sakura, Gardens and Castles
- 9 TRIP REPORT: Just back from first time to Japan!
- 10 Himeji Castle - luggage storage
- 11 Budget Servied Apt
- 12 What areas to stay in Singapore & Bali
- 13 Opinions on Osaka? And other burning questions...
- 14 Something about... Malaysia
- 15 China Trip - 2 Cities + Lakes, Rivers, and Rice Terraces!
- 16 Help needed for 1 week trip in Kuala Lumpur with kids
- 17 Layover in Seoul with a dog?
- 18 Please help me to start planning a trip to Bhutan
- 19 Tour Companies for Vietnam trip
- 20 Japan - Your favorite locations in Kyushu
- 21 Japan Itinerary!
- 22 Japan - itinerary help needed!
- 23 Sweltering in Saigon.
- 24 Chiang Mai, Thailand and Myanmar
- 25 First Trip to Japan in August