I am going to Japan in May 2016. My trip should last 17 days (16 nights).
Day 1 (Thursday) arrival in Tokyo - Narita
Days 2 - 5 Tokio: 2 two full days for Tokyo, two side trips from 3 possibilities: to Nikko or Kamakura or Hakone / Mt. Fuji
Day 6: Takayama
Days 7 - 8: Kanazawa
Days 9 - 12: Kyoto with a side trip to Nara
Day 13: Kyoto to Mount Koya
Day 14: Koyasan (Mount Koya) and travel to Hiroshima
Day 15: Hiroshima - a day trip to Miyajima
Day 16: Hiroshima - Peace Park and travel to Tokyo-Narita
Day 17: leaving Japan in early morning from Narita
Please is this itinerary doable? For side trips from Tokyo (Nikko, Kamakura and Hakone) which are the better and which is to be omitted?
Thank you in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Airport taxis in Bangkok
- 2 Bali private driver recommendation
- 3 Vietnam - Sa Pa
- 4 North India Itinerary advice
- 5 Myanmaromestic flights and transport :cash :guide/travel agency i
- 6 Do I need the rabies jab for bali?
- 7 6 nights / 5 days Japan itinerary
- 8 The Indian money crunch.
- 9 The truth about elephant tourism
- 10 Article on assistance for US citizens with difficulties abroad
- 11 Travel agent for custom tour of Japan
- 12 20 things to think about when interacting with animals in Thailand
- 13 Chiang Mai hotel with sweet attentive staff
- 14 3 weeks: solo travel to Thailand (with stop in Hong Kong and Tokyo)?
- 15 DC to Dubai 3 nts, Tokyo 6 nts. Kyoto day trip? Itinerary thoughts?
- 16 Kerala trip
- 17 E Visa for India?
- 18 1-2 months South East Asia
- 19 6 weeks: Thailand & Laos. Itinery review?
- 20 Help - India.
- 21 Nice article on Macau in the NYT
- 22 Our trip to Japan. Arigato gozaimasu
- 23 Halong Bay or Bagan?
- 24 Help w/Andaman Sea Itinerary
- 25 Are 8 days enough for this itinerary ?