Thank you for all of the help that you have given me thus far in planning my daughter's 13th birthday trip to Japan and Bali. As some of you may remember, this was my daughter's choice and not on my bucket list, so research and planning started from scratch. Please also keep in mind as I share our itinerary that I am entertaining 4 children aged 13 and under. But they are well-traveled children and foodies, hence the request to travel throughout Japan! We are doing a combo of self-guided walking tours, guided walking tours, and sight-seeing with a driver. This is what we have so far:
June 25 - Depart NYC on Asiana to Tokyo through Seoul,Korea
June 26 - Arrive Tokyo at 9:00 pm and check into the Shangri-La for 5 nights
June 27 - Guided walking tour through Shinjuko, Kabukicho, Harajuku and the Meji-jinju Shrine
June 28 - (Birthday day!) Guided walking tour of Tsukiji Fish Market, Ginza, Imperial Palace. Self-guided sushi-making, visit to a Cat Café and back to Harajuku. Dinner at Robataya.
June 29 - Self-guided Japanese Manicure, Ueno Park, Senso-Ji Temple, Edo-Tokyo Museum, Dinner at Jiro at Ginza (our reason for coming to Japan for my foodie 13 year-old and yes we have reservations!), Robot Restaurant with the rest of the crew
June 30 - Tokyo Disney Sea
I want to also fit in Akakusa Shrine, Nakamise Shopping Street and Kappabashi Shopping Street (I love to cook and all I want to bring back are knives!) Can you suggest where we can fit this in?
Looking to eat at a great noodle shop and a great tempura restaurant as well. Suggestions welcomed please!!
July 1 - Train to Hiroshima, guided walking tour of Hiroshima, ferry to Miyajima, check-into the Iroha Ryokan inclusive of dinner.
July 2 - Self-guided tour of Miyajima and dinner at the ryokan
July 3 - Ferry to Hiroshima, train to Kyoto and check-into the Hyatt Regency Kyoto
July 4 - Guided walking tour of Nanzenji-ji temple, the path of Philosophy, yoshida-yama area and temples, Yoshida-jinja shrines, change paces to Gojo Street, Pure Land Buddhist Cemetery, Kiyomizu-dera Temple, Chion Temple
July 5 - Guided walking tour of Nara inclusive of Issui-en Garden, Todai-ji Temple, Nigatsu and Sangatus-do Halls and Kasuga Grand Shrine
July 6 - Self-guided tour during the day ...What are we missing? What should we see? In the evening we are having a private dinner with a Maiko and Geiko and Kaiseki course meal.
July 7 - 1/2 day Guided walking tour inclusive of Tofuku-ji temple, Mt. Inari, Fushim-Inari Terrace, Inaro-San
July 8 - Fly to Bali through Osaka
Guys, am I missing anything glaring in terms of sightseeing, cultural experiences, etc. Please offer restaurant choices and suggestions in both Tokyo and Kyoto.
Thanks so much in advance for your suggestions and for your continuing help.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Twin rooms in Japan
- 2 sri lanka- tips required
- 3 Googling to going...to Gujarat!
- 4 4 weeks trip to South East Asia
- 5 Palawan / Marshall Law... should we be concerned?
- 6 Central Asia: Itinerary Advice
- 7 6 weeks in Nepal, Bhutan, Borneo and more...
- 8 Where to from Tokyo?!
- 9 Please critique my revised itinerary- July 2017
- 10 Impressions of India
- 11 Sri Lanka Association looking for volunteer
- 12 New Vietnam eVisa service
- 13 My Japan Travels - Follow-along with me
- 14 India - remnants of the British Raj
- 15 Hanoi, Vietnam 1 week
- 16 Go ahead...Eat the street food and buffets!
- 17 Christmas in the Alps
- 18 Nywoman single older woman goes to Japan
- 19 Is the Bennesse Naoshima Worth It?
- 20 Yercaud – Cheapest Getaway from Chennai
- 21 trying to fathom Chinese train travel
- 22 Laos or Kerala?
- 23 Yogyakarta, Java. Indonesian Cuisine! - Travel Report
- 24 Bali & Singapore in October
- 25 Many Questions for 1st Japan Trip