In December, I will be traveling from the US to Kathmandu, in preparation for an Everest Panorama Trek. Prior to trek departure, we will spend about 4 days in Kathmandu.
Other than a plan to pick up some last minute trekking supplies, our time in Kathmandu is unscheduled. I'm seeking your personal recommendations about any must-do or must-see activities in or near Kathmandu that we could reasonably cover in about 4 days prior to our departure. What was YOUR favorite experience in or near Kathmandu?
Context: I am a middle aged woman traveling with my college-age son. I traveled extensively in Asia (never Nepal) when I was his age, but this will be his first trip to this part of the world. Of course, religious sites, culture and nature are high on our list.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Bangkok, Angkor, Hanoi: Questions
- 2 TMI re Northern Vietnam rural "homestays"?
- 3 Kyushu in late September
- 4 Bangkok, buffet restaurants.
- 5 Is it worth going to Phuket or Krabi in July and August?
- 6 Bangkok, day tours.
- 7 Nancy Chandler. 1938 - 22 June 2015
- 8 S E Asia part of our Round the World Trip
- 9 From Singapore to NZ: A Remarkable Safari Through Time and Across Cultures
- 10 Japan Trip 3 - Initial Loose Planning
- 11 SE Asia 2014 trip report
- 12 hanoi eats
- 13 Myanmar- Popular Sights and even a few hospitals!
- 14 Tour Payment Deposit to Castle and King
- 15 Ha Giang or SaPa
- 16 My First India Trip
- 17 Advice on tour company to Sri Lanka
- 18 Chiang Mai Itinerary 3 days - help with organizing?
- 19 Planning a 2-week trip to Thailand in mid-August
- 20 Castle & King tour questions
- 21 5 days Japan
- 22 Bicycle riding required?
- 23 A train ride through Java
- 24 Sri Lanka east cost beaches
- 25 Jogyakarta & - Bali?