In December, I will be traveling from the US to Kathmandu, in preparation for an Everest Panorama Trek. Prior to trek departure, we will spend about 4 days in Kathmandu.
Other than a plan to pick up some last minute trekking supplies, our time in Kathmandu is unscheduled. I'm seeking your personal recommendations about any must-do or must-see activities in or near Kathmandu that we could reasonably cover in about 4 days prior to our departure. What was YOUR favorite experience in or near Kathmandu?
Context: I am a middle aged woman traveling with my college-age son. I traveled extensively in Asia (never Nepal) when I was his age, but this will be his first trip to this part of the world. Of course, religious sites, culture and nature are high on our list.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Narita Airport to Shinjuku
- 2 Quickie Kathmandu visit worthwhile?
- 3 Vietnam for 14 days help to find travel company
- 4 Other than Kyoto?
- 5 Trip Report : China
- 6 Japan GTG, early April
- 7 Beijing tours
- 8 Planning First Family Trip to Japan - Advice Needed!
- 9 Advice needed from Japan train pros
- 10 Pandaw-up the Chindwin TR
- 11 HK to Beijing for 3 weeks- mid March to early April- itinerary help please!
- 12 A great trip in India
- 13 Googling to going...to Gujarat!
- 14 Hong Kong and Angkor Wat
- 15 A Netflix series for those who enjoy Tokyo
- 16 Cherry Blossom season Mount Fuji area
- 17 Tokyo - Kamakura - Yokohama
- 18 Tour Agency Recommendation
- 19 Goodbye, Carol Simpson
- 20 Honest opinion needed about Thailand
- 21 Takayama trail, Japan
- 22 Hotels near Takefu Train Station
- 23 1 day itinerary in Busan
- 24 Trip report : Annapurna Circuit October 2016
- 25 Japan - Will We Get Lost?