In December, I will be traveling from the US to Kathmandu, in preparation for an Everest Panorama Trek. Prior to trek departure, we will spend about 4 days in Kathmandu.
Other than a plan to pick up some last minute trekking supplies, our time in Kathmandu is unscheduled. I'm seeking your personal recommendations about any must-do or must-see activities in or near Kathmandu that we could reasonably cover in about 4 days prior to our departure. What was YOUR favorite experience in or near Kathmandu?
Context: I am a middle aged woman traveling with my college-age son. I traveled extensively in Asia (never Nepal) when I was his age, but this will be his first trip to this part of the world. Of course, religious sites, culture and nature are high on our list.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 On the road again - to Incredible India.
- 2 Feedback on rough one month SE Asia trip
- 3 http://acaiultralean-france.com/vitanoria/
- 4 Honeymoon destination help!!!!!
- 5 Itinerary help - 10 days Japan
- 6 The Mystic East - a tale of hot food, hot weather, airmiles and imodium.
- 7 Help w/ 20 Days in South India & Sri Lanka
- 8 myanmar
- 9 2 months in Taiwan - relaxing & hassle-free breaks in/out of the country?
- 10 Travel India solo
- 11 Seeking Help With My Sri Lanka And South India Itinerary: Rough Draft #1
- 12 ?driver/guide recommendation in Chiang Rai/Chiang Mai
- 13 Where to stay in Tokyo
- 14 Being customs
- 15 Road Scholar tour in China
- 16 Tips in Myanmar
- 17 A beach of choice on Samui
- 18 Internship in Beijing - 4 weeks Where to stay?
- 19 Quick question about Vietnam Visa Exception during overland crossing
- 20 Month in Cambodia and Laos - January 2017
- 21 3.5 Weeks in Japan (First-time) Itinerary Help
- 22 Hotel Suggestions - New Delhi
- 23 Busan Central Bus Terminal
- 24 Osaka, aquarium?
- 25 Tuk-tuk, songthew or taxi?