In December, I will be traveling from the US to Kathmandu, in preparation for an Everest Panorama Trek. Prior to trek departure, we will spend about 4 days in Kathmandu.
Other than a plan to pick up some last minute trekking supplies, our time in Kathmandu is unscheduled. I'm seeking your personal recommendations about any must-do or must-see activities in or near Kathmandu that we could reasonably cover in about 4 days prior to our departure. What was YOUR favorite experience in or near Kathmandu?
Context: I am a middle aged woman traveling with my college-age son. I traveled extensively in Asia (never Nepal) when I was his age, but this will be his first trip to this part of the world. Of course, religious sites, culture and nature are high on our list.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 +91-9694102888 black magic removal mantra in tamil Vashikaran Mantra For Al
- 2 trying to fathom Chinese train travel
- 3 Ending another Asia trip in seattle
- 4 Sometahing is wrong
- 5 Twin rooms in Japan
- 6 Googling to going...to Gujarat!
- 7 sri lanka- tips required
- 8 base bangkok or manilla
- 9 Christmas in the Alps
- 10 Change my Itinerary?
- 11 New Vietnam eVisa service
- 12 6 weeks in Nepal, Bhutan, Borneo and more...
- 13 Palawan / Marshall Law... should we be concerned?
- 14 4 weeks trip to South East Asia
- 15 Central Asia: Itinerary Advice
- 16 Where to from Tokyo?!
- 17 Please critique my revised itinerary- July 2017
- 18 Impressions of India
- 19 Sri Lanka Association looking for volunteer
- 20 My Japan Travels - Follow-along with me
- 21 India - remnants of the British Raj
- 22 Hanoi, Vietnam 1 week
- 23 Go ahead...Eat the street food and buffets!
- 24 Nywoman single older woman goes to Japan
- 25 Is the Bennesse Naoshima Worth It?