In December, I will be traveling from the US to Kathmandu, in preparation for an Everest Panorama Trek. Prior to trek departure, we will spend about 4 days in Kathmandu.
Other than a plan to pick up some last minute trekking supplies, our time in Kathmandu is unscheduled. I'm seeking your personal recommendations about any must-do or must-see activities in or near Kathmandu that we could reasonably cover in about 4 days prior to our departure. What was YOUR favorite experience in or near Kathmandu?
Context: I am a middle aged woman traveling with my college-age son. I traveled extensively in Asia (never Nepal) when I was his age, but this will be his first trip to this part of the world. Of course, religious sites, culture and nature are high on our list.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 My plans 5 days japan 1 korea
- 2 AirAsia from DMK (vs. other airlines from BKK) to Siem Reap
- 3 Earthquake in Myanmar
- 4 Questions on Details for 23 Days in Japan
- 5 Have you stayed at Dormy Inn Expres s Asakusa ?
- 6 Kyoto to Tokyo on December 31?
- 7 Hakone and Mt Fuji
- 8 Ferrari Hire Bangkok
- 9 BKK Street Food Disappearing per BBC
- 10 A great trip in India
- 11 Back to Bangkok this month!
- 12 Burma in Jan, weather questions.
- 13 Onsen ryokan for single near Tokyo
- 14 Rangoon and Lake Inle, how many days?
- 15 Bhutan with Aman hotels, worth it?
- 16 Nai Thon beach Thailand
- 17 A new opportunity to interact with elephants in Thailand
- 18 Sulawesi
- 19 Koh Lanra + Bangkok or Siem Reap?
- 20 Direct flight from JFK/Newark to Tokyo
- 21 Day Trip in Bohol - Travel Report
- 22 Family Japan Trip August 2016
- 23 Pearls in Beijing and MORE!
- 24 Ayutthaya & Bangkok - Travel Report
- 25 Bali in March for 5 nights?