In December, I will be traveling from the US to Kathmandu, in preparation for an Everest Panorama Trek. Prior to trek departure, we will spend about 4 days in Kathmandu.
Other than a plan to pick up some last minute trekking supplies, our time in Kathmandu is unscheduled. I'm seeking your personal recommendations about any must-do or must-see activities in or near Kathmandu that we could reasonably cover in about 4 days prior to our departure. What was YOUR favorite experience in or near Kathmandu?
Context: I am a middle aged woman traveling with my college-age son. I traveled extensively in Asia (never Nepal) when I was his age, but this will be his first trip to this part of the world. Of course, religious sites, culture and nature are high on our list.
Must-do's or Must-see's in or close to Kathmandu
- 1 Can I get Kopi Luwak coffee in Bangkok
- 2 Bangkok & demonstrations (2013)
- 3 Bangkok-Skytrain Update
- 4 Indian Visa: Experience with BLS International?
- 5 First time trip to Japan - Fall 2013
- 6 India Visa - BLS international. Lost passport FBI complaint
- 7 Questions, questions and more questions for first time trip to Asia
- 8 South East Asia
- 9 7 Days in Sri Lanka
- 10 Bangkok - Silver Shops
- 11 India's Online VISA Application
- 12 Planning 1st trip to japan. Ideas?
- 13 Beijing - is the air quality THAT bad?
- 14 Back from a Trip of a Lifetime! Vietnam, Laos and Cambodia!
- 15 Airport - hotel transportation in Thailand
- 16 Which mosquito repellent to use for a 9 year old child?
- 17 Myanmar and Mt Popa
- 18 Bangkok restaurant or unique experience for anniversary
- 19 Finding a Small electric Kettle in BKK
- 20 Magical India
- 21 Overwhelmed by info...First time in Philippines...What Island
- 22 Hotel Majestic-Saigon
- 23 RECOMMENDATIONS for PRIVATE TOUR GUIDE IN YANGON?
- 24 Questions -> Ko Phi Phi - 4 nights
- 25 A Day Trip To Kanchipuram