In December, I will be traveling from the US to Kathmandu, in preparation for an Everest Panorama Trek. Prior to trek departure, we will spend about 4 days in Kathmandu.
Other than a plan to pick up some last minute trekking supplies, our time in Kathmandu is unscheduled. I'm seeking your personal recommendations about any must-do or must-see activities in or near Kathmandu that we could reasonably cover in about 4 days prior to our departure. What was YOUR favorite experience in or near Kathmandu?
Context: I am a middle aged woman traveling with my college-age son. I traveled extensively in Asia (never Nepal) when I was his age, but this will be his first trip to this part of the world. Of course, religious sites, culture and nature are high on our list.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Hanoi - SaPa - Hue
- 2 Free Tour Guide in Ho Chi Minh City
- 3 Nepal
- 4 Traveling to Nepal after earthquake
- 5 Bangalore Beautiful Hot Housewife | Bangalore Escorts
- 6 Footwear for Vietnam?
- 7 Yogyakarta - Prambanan and Borobudur Travel Report
- 8 Bucket List Trip: Bali, Angkor Wat,Japan
- 9 Thoughts on this itinerary
- 10 It can be cheap but awesome!
- 11 Totally unprepared
- 12 Help plan my 11 days trip to Thailand
- 13 Shanghai Airpor overnight
- 14 Chengdu, China - Giant Panda Research Base Travel Report
- 15 Bhutan with Aman hotels, worth it?
- 16 Rental Car Bali
- 17 1 day in Bangkok Itinerary for Honeymoon
- 18 Kyoto & Tokyo tips
- 19 Good Eats in Chiang Mai / Chiang Rai
- 20 A great trip in India
- 21 Itinerary 3-1/2 week trip to Hong Kong, Vietnam, Cambodia, Thailand
- 22 Krabi, Koh Lanta or other
- 23 Nai Thon beach Thailand
- 24 A 6-week waking dream in North and South India.
- 25 "China Eastern Airline" is it really bad??