Hi Japan forum,
We will be in Kyoto for two days (4/5 and 4/6) with a group of 7: 2 84-year-old pretty mobile grandparents, 3 adults (my brother, sister-in-law and myself) and two grandkids, ages 11 and 15. One elder of the group is Japanese and fluent, 2 have some language ability, but the rest are English-only. It is the first trip to Japan for the kids and their parents.
Can members of the forum offer any tips for how to maximize this time there? Is there a logical sequence of main sites that would save transport time and give an overview of what Kyoto has to offer? Can you recommend a guide who might also be able to share info and highlights for all ages and help with transportation around the city, given that we are sort of a larger group? Or maybe we could use a guide one day and explore on our own the second?
The other wrinkle is that these two days will be via Shinkansen in the morning from Nagoya, so the excursions will need to start and end from Kyoto Station. Not my choice, but that is what it is and it cannot be changed.
Thank you very much in advance for any advice!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 8 Days in Central/South Vietnam
- 2 japan itenirary help
- 3 New Hua Hin Marriott Resort & Spa
- 4 A 6-week waking dream in North and South India.
- 5 JFK to BKK sale on Qatar
- 6 Fodor's Boston GTG
- 7 Feedback--First Time in Japan, 3 weeks
- 8 Bali airport transportation
- 9 Japan 1 day Trek in Winter
- 10 David's First Draft Itinerary for Sakura 2017
- 11 Vietnam - Quy Nhon
- 12 6 days itinerary advise - which company to book ?
- 13 1 day in Bangkok Itinerary for Honeymoon
- 14 1 Month SE Asia itinerary.
- 15 China visa 60 day limit--leave for weekend?
- 16 Corbett Wildlife Park
- 17 6 weeks in Cambodia and Laos with an unplanned itinerary
- 18 Passport for Indonesia
- 19 Planning for 1 week in Vietnam
- 20 Henry's---tailor in Bangkok....
- 21 Is this crazy?
- 22 Dollar traveller cheques
- 23 Jews in China. Who knew?
- 24 India help with where to go
- 25 How to book domestic tickets/hotels in Burma.
Hi Japan forum,