Hi Japan forum,
We will be in Kyoto for two days (4/5 and 4/6) with a group of 7: 2 84-year-old pretty mobile grandparents, 3 adults (my brother, sister-in-law and myself) and two grandkids, ages 11 and 15. One elder of the group is Japanese and fluent, 2 have some language ability, but the rest are English-only. It is the first trip to Japan for the kids and their parents.
Can members of the forum offer any tips for how to maximize this time there? Is there a logical sequence of main sites that would save transport time and give an overview of what Kyoto has to offer? Can you recommend a guide who might also be able to share info and highlights for all ages and help with transportation around the city, given that we are sort of a larger group? Or maybe we could use a guide one day and explore on our own the second?
The other wrinkle is that these two days will be via Shinkansen in the morning from Nagoya, so the excursions will need to start and end from Kyoto Station. Not my choice, but that is what it is and it cannot be changed.
Thank you very much in advance for any advice!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 A 6-week waking dream in North and South India.
- 2 2 Week Honeymoon in Singapore and Indonesia
- 3 Hotels in Krabi area
- 4 base in Osaka or Kyoto question
- 5 Train Travel in Thailand
- 6 Te Best Luxury Ryokans in Japan
- 7 David's First Draft Itinerary for Sakura 2017
- 8 Tokyo hotels
- 9 New luxury hotel in Singapore
- 10 India 1st Time Itinerary Revised - HELP!
- 11 19 Day Sri Lanka Itinerary - Advice Needed!
- 12 options on 2 potential itineraries
- 13 Booking hotels for Japan in April 2017
- 14 Adventures Abroad
- 15 4.5 days in Singapore
- 16 5 day rain-free trip in India
- 17 Ryokan in Hakone - best location?
- 18 Hakone question
- 19 "Ishaani" and "Ranvir" return from 2 weeks in Uzbekistan
- 20 Advise on visting Hokkaido to photograph cranes
- 21 Question about travel to Mae Sot
- 22 Oh dear. Japan's 7-11 cash machines have just been robbed.
- 23 Japan tickets purchased a itinerary help needed
- 24 Phillipines with two young children in December
- 25 Struggling with SE Asia Itinerary for November
Hi Japan forum,