Hi Japan forum,
We will be in Kyoto for two days (4/5 and 4/6) with a group of 7: 2 84-year-old pretty mobile grandparents, 3 adults (my brother, sister-in-law and myself) and two grandkids, ages 11 and 15. One elder of the group is Japanese and fluent, 2 have some language ability, but the rest are English-only. It is the first trip to Japan for the kids and their parents.
Can members of the forum offer any tips for how to maximize this time there? Is there a logical sequence of main sites that would save transport time and give an overview of what Kyoto has to offer? Can you recommend a guide who might also be able to share info and highlights for all ages and help with transportation around the city, given that we are sort of a larger group? Or maybe we could use a guide one day and explore on our own the second?
The other wrinkle is that these two days will be via Shinkansen in the morning from Nagoya, so the excursions will need to start and end from Kyoto Station. Not my choice, but that is what it is and it cannot be changed.
Thank you very much in advance for any advice!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 신천지릴게임 『홈 피 = kkn36.com 』
- 2 바다이야기릴게임 ≤주_소= kkn36.com≥
- 3 Can buy a JR Pass in Japan
- 4 Pocket Wi-Fi Speeds (187.5 Mbps v. 75 Mbps)?
- 5 Last Minute Bali Honeymoon
- 6 sri lanka two places, two hotels
- 7 Japan rough itinerary
- 8 Bye bye SE Asia
- 9 14 days Japan itinerary. First timers.
- 10 Hotel Claska vs. Prince Sakura Tower
- 11 Laos planning.
- 12 Impressions of India
- 13 Japan - costs
- 14 Japan for Foodies
- 15 Planning Honeymoon to Thailand
- 16 3 week SE Asia itinerary
- 17 Japan Rail Pass
- 18 First Time to Japan..Itin Advice Needed
- 19 south east asia 3 weeks in june
- 20 Japan Cherry Blossom 2018
- 21 Sri Lanka May
- 22 20 days Itinerary Help!
- 23 Japan - 2 itineraries (7days)
- 24 Hokkaido and northern Honshu itinerary advice
- 25 Japan's Kyushu: Takachiho Gorge - Travel Report
Hi Japan forum,