Hi Japan forum,
We will be in Kyoto for two days (4/5 and 4/6) with a group of 7: 2 84-year-old pretty mobile grandparents, 3 adults (my brother, sister-in-law and myself) and two grandkids, ages 11 and 15. One elder of the group is Japanese and fluent, 2 have some language ability, but the rest are English-only. It is the first trip to Japan for the kids and their parents.
Can members of the forum offer any tips for how to maximize this time there? Is there a logical sequence of main sites that would save transport time and give an overview of what Kyoto has to offer? Can you recommend a guide who might also be able to share info and highlights for all ages and help with transportation around the city, given that we are sort of a larger group? Or maybe we could use a guide one day and explore on our own the second?
The other wrinkle is that these two days will be via Shinkansen in the morning from Nagoya, so the excursions will need to start and end from Kyoto Station. Not my choice, but that is what it is and it cannot be changed.
Thank you very much in advance for any advice!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Advice Request: Japan Rail Pass for Two Weeks
- 2 Possible itinerary - 4 days in Georgia
- 3 Delhi private guide
- 4 Pakistan Forum/ Unfriendly
- 5 November Onsen
- 6 Bangkok hotels/neighborhoods
- 7 3 days with snow monkey visit.
- 8 Thai Elephants
- 9 Cancelling trip to Burma; seeking advice for outskirts of Bangkok
- 10 Mumbai short visit
- 11 Best location for snorkelling/ beach/ quiet resort/ great Thai food
- 12 Phuket Beaches
- 13 For those traveling to Bali soon
- 14 Is it safe to travel Hong Kong in Oct?
- 15 JFK to BKK sale on Qatar
- 16 Feedback on Kyushu itinerary
- 17 Japan Itinerary!
- 18 What are some hidden gems in Hong Kong?
- 19 Japan Itinerary for 12 Nights and 13 Days
- 20 Thailand Guides
- 21 Bangkok in 3 days - Weekdays
- 22 Experiance /More Than 120 Countries
- 23 Wild China vs Travel Guide China (or the like)
- 24 India itinerary critique please
- 25 A short trip report of Vietnam, Dec 2016
Hi Japan forum,