Hi Japan forum,
We will be in Kyoto for two days (4/5 and 4/6) with a group of 7: 2 84-year-old pretty mobile grandparents, 3 adults (my brother, sister-in-law and myself) and two grandkids, ages 11 and 15. One elder of the group is Japanese and fluent, 2 have some language ability, but the rest are English-only. It is the first trip to Japan for the kids and their parents.
Can members of the forum offer any tips for how to maximize this time there? Is there a logical sequence of main sites that would save transport time and give an overview of what Kyoto has to offer? Can you recommend a guide who might also be able to share info and highlights for all ages and help with transportation around the city, given that we are sort of a larger group? Or maybe we could use a guide one day and explore on our own the second?
The other wrinkle is that these two days will be via Shinkansen in the morning from Nagoya, so the excursions will need to start and end from Kyoto Station. Not my choice, but that is what it is and it cannot be changed.
Thank you very much in advance for any advice!
Multi-generational Kyoto visit
Hi Japan forum,
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 anyone been to minsk aircraft carrier, Shenzhen while staying in Kowloon
- 2 Food tours in HCMC/Saigon?
- 3 4 wonderful solo weeks in South Korea
- 4 Honeymoon in december 2014
- 5 Tourist Visa for France/UK
- 6 Indonesian visa update
- 7 Popular Thai hi-so restaurants... Any suggestions?
- 8 Destination Bangkok, again
- 9 Weekend Market and Or Tor Kor-Bangkok
- 10 Kyushu Japan: Driver Needed For Amakusa
- 11 Vietnam October 2014
- 12 Distance from Tokyo to port of Yokohama
- 13 Interesting article about "Good News" being tweeted about Tibet
- 14 Shoes for 6 inches of water
- 15 Help us fill our blank itinerary: 1 week in China
- 16 Jeep Safari in Bandhavgarh National Park, India
- 17 India Wildlife Expedition Trip Report!
- 18 3 days in Teheran
- 19 Bhutan, Nepal or both (in about 3 weeks?)
- 20 £0 day visa exempt - 30 day extension
- 21 Myranmar VISA
- 22 new visa fees for Indonesia as of mid-July, 2014
- 23 slightly... paranoid parent
- 24 Takayama vs. Matsumoto
- 25 Craig and Jeane Visit the Last Shangri La: Bhutan 2012