Hi Japan forum,
We will be in Kyoto for two days (4/5 and 4/6) with a group of 7: 2 84-year-old pretty mobile grandparents, 3 adults (my brother, sister-in-law and myself) and two grandkids, ages 11 and 15. One elder of the group is Japanese and fluent, 2 have some language ability, but the rest are English-only. It is the first trip to Japan for the kids and their parents.
Can members of the forum offer any tips for how to maximize this time there? Is there a logical sequence of main sites that would save transport time and give an overview of what Kyoto has to offer? Can you recommend a guide who might also be able to share info and highlights for all ages and help with transportation around the city, given that we are sort of a larger group? Or maybe we could use a guide one day and explore on our own the second?
The other wrinkle is that these two days will be via Shinkansen in the morning from Nagoya, so the excursions will need to start and end from Kyoto Station. Not my choice, but that is what it is and it cannot be changed.
Thank you very much in advance for any advice!
Multi-generational Kyoto visit
Hi Japan forum,
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Planning First Family Trip to Japan - Advice Needed!
- 2 Amphawa Floating Market
- 3 A question concerning Sri Lanka's rainfall in Jan.
- 4 Plans for Nepal/Bhutan continued: how does this sound??
- 5 Following Craig & Jeane's lead, I'm heading out. Thailand & Cambodia again.
- 6 Currency in South Korea
- 7 British tourists murdered in Koh Tao
- 8 Hotel suggestions Haeundae beach area Busan
- 9 Krabi island tours
- 10 6 full days in Yagoon
- 11 Some advice on our latest Japan itinerary please?
- 12 13 Hour layover in KL, never visited city before, ideas?
- 13 Myanmar evisa system now working well.
- 14 Malaysian honeymoon
- 15 itinerary sri lanka please help
- 16 Myanmar itinerary help
- 17 RHKKMKs---Just to be copy cats
- 18 Thailand and Southeast Asia - Advice for Lone Female
- 19 Japan & Korea - A little of this, a little of that
- 20 Craig and Jeane Depart for Australia and Bali
- 21 Looking for a good travel agent to plan Vietnam Laos and ?? Travel
- 22 Burma? Laos? Cambodia? Vietnam? - I need some help!
- 23 Internal flights in Thailand - buy ASAP or no big deal to wait?
- 24 Phuket/ Krabi Trip
- 25 Mao Lak and Kata/Karon/Surin or Krabi and Kata/Karon/Surin?