Hi Japan forum,
We will be in Kyoto for two days (4/5 and 4/6) with a group of 7: 2 84-year-old pretty mobile grandparents, 3 adults (my brother, sister-in-law and myself) and two grandkids, ages 11 and 15. One elder of the group is Japanese and fluent, 2 have some language ability, but the rest are English-only. It is the first trip to Japan for the kids and their parents.
Can members of the forum offer any tips for how to maximize this time there? Is there a logical sequence of main sites that would save transport time and give an overview of what Kyoto has to offer? Can you recommend a guide who might also be able to share info and highlights for all ages and help with transportation around the city, given that we are sort of a larger group? Or maybe we could use a guide one day and explore on our own the second?
The other wrinkle is that these two days will be via Shinkansen in the morning from Nagoya, so the excursions will need to start and end from Kyoto Station. Not my choice, but that is what it is and it cannot be changed.
Thank you very much in advance for any advice!
Multi-generational Kyoto visit
Hi Japan forum,
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Kyoto to Koyasan, then Koyasan to Hiroshima
- 2 An extra day or two--suggestions? (Kanto, Chubu, Kinki or Chugoku)
- 3 Tokyo to Takayama with transit in Matsumoto in one day
- 4 Chiang Mai seven days - help please?
- 5 Keng Tung Trek, difficult, moderate, or easy?
- 6 Confused about where to stay in Tokyo
- 7 Myanmar: Anyone traveled to Mrauk U ?
- 8 Sri Lanka Itinerary: comments welcome
- 9 Singapòre with a 9 year old
- 10 Feedback on our C&K India itinerary
- 11 Malaysian honeymoon
- 12 Backpacking - Does she remind you of anyone?
- 13 Please critique my Thailand itinerary
- 14 Indonesia - 1 month itinerary
- 15 Bali and Java - 24 September to 23 October 2014
- 16 Favorite hotel in X'ian?
- 17 Myanmar - Organizing Trip for 2015
- 18 JR PASS AND ITINERARY
- 19 India - 2 Days only
- 20 China with Collette Tours
- 21 9 nights in Hong Kong in November - how to split up?
- 22 TRIP REPORT: Seoul, South Korea (9 days)
- 23 Beach selection in Thailand
- 24 Chiang Mai, flight: best travel logistics to which Island?
- 25 Burma river cruise