Hi Japan forum,
We will be in Kyoto for two days (4/5 and 4/6) with a group of 7: 2 84-year-old pretty mobile grandparents, 3 adults (my brother, sister-in-law and myself) and two grandkids, ages 11 and 15. One elder of the group is Japanese and fluent, 2 have some language ability, but the rest are English-only. It is the first trip to Japan for the kids and their parents.
Can members of the forum offer any tips for how to maximize this time there? Is there a logical sequence of main sites that would save transport time and give an overview of what Kyoto has to offer? Can you recommend a guide who might also be able to share info and highlights for all ages and help with transportation around the city, given that we are sort of a larger group? Or maybe we could use a guide one day and explore on our own the second?
The other wrinkle is that these two days will be via Shinkansen in the morning from Nagoya, so the excursions will need to start and end from Kyoto Station. Not my choice, but that is what it is and it cannot be changed.
Thank you very much in advance for any advice!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Asia in 3's - HK, Tokyo & Phillippines
- 2 Anyone used China Odyssey?
- 3 Southern India here we come
- 4 Georgetown Penang and Java for about 3 weeks in April May or June 2016.
- 5 My visit to Vietnam
- 6 Bad experience with savaari.com
- 7 Prices in Siem Reap?
- 8 Tips for Chiang Rai (or stop eleswhere ?)
- 9 Capsule hotels
- 10 a year in burma
- 11 Chengdu and Beijing
- 12 TXinjiang safety KKH Safety
- 13 Ningbo places to see and things to do
- 14 last minute lodging in kyoto
- 15 Itinerary set for Japan trip #2: working on some details
- 16 Vaccinations
- 17 Borneo forest fires
- 18 Southeast Asia Itinerary Advice
- 19 Prehistoric sites in Java and Bali
- 20 K2 Base Camp- Concordia Gondogoro La Trek, Unforgettable Experience
- 21 Taipei 10 Night Itinerary
- 22 Sinorama Tour-Oct. 1, 2016
- 23 Interestig article about Luang Prabang & UNESCO heritage appellation
- 24 Bridge players Beware!!
- 25 Is series 2006 usd accepted in thailqnd
Hi Japan forum,