Hi Japan forum,
We will be in Kyoto for two days (4/5 and 4/6) with a group of 7: 2 84-year-old pretty mobile grandparents, 3 adults (my brother, sister-in-law and myself) and two grandkids, ages 11 and 15. One elder of the group is Japanese and fluent, 2 have some language ability, but the rest are English-only. It is the first trip to Japan for the kids and their parents.
Can members of the forum offer any tips for how to maximize this time there? Is there a logical sequence of main sites that would save transport time and give an overview of what Kyoto has to offer? Can you recommend a guide who might also be able to share info and highlights for all ages and help with transportation around the city, given that we are sort of a larger group? Or maybe we could use a guide one day and explore on our own the second?
The other wrinkle is that these two days will be via Shinkansen in the morning from Nagoya, so the excursions will need to start and end from Kyoto Station. Not my choice, but that is what it is and it cannot be changed.
Thank you very much in advance for any advice!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 카지노베이✡☮ ═▶♞ PPY827.CoM ♞◀═✡☮ 카지노베이
- 2 Itinerary review: Alpine Route
- 3 9 days in Bali
- 4 4.5 days in Singapore
- 5 20 Days In Japan: We survived Sakura!
- 6 Layover in Hong Kong
- 7 Bags are packed for Bangkok!
- 8 A fun week in Bangkok!
- 9 Blooming chart in Japan
- 10 Itinerary Review: What do you think?
- 11 Four nights in Kanazawa + Noto Peninsula self drive + Shirakawago stopover
- 12 Tibet and BhutanTour
- 13 Beach time in Thailand - mid November
- 14 Italy from an Asian base
- 15 Bus service in Nepal
- 16 Travel to India in May?
- 17 2 Weeks in Japan July 2016
- 18 Bus travel Luang Prabang to Xishuangbanna. Anyone?
- 19 Impulse 8-day trip to China - questions
- 20 Advice for a newbie!
- 21 Another South East Asian sojourn.
- 22 Advice for 8 days in Nepal
- 23 Are personal tour guides in Tokyo and Kyoto work the cost?
- 24 K2 Base Camp- Concordia Gondogoro La Trek, Unforgettable Experience
- 25 NYT article on Bangkok's River of Kings
Hi Japan forum,