I hope this isn't a dumb question, but this has been bugging me today. My husband and I will visit Shanghai and Singapore as two stops on a round the world trip this July. We are so excited as both are new destinations for us.
I am very excited about eating in both places-the descriptions of the food and restaurants makes me hungry every time I open guidebooks or cruise the forum here for suggestions!
However, I think I have a minor MSG allergy. I haven't knowingly consumed a lot in recent years but I used to get a funny "stuffy, cottony" feeling in my head (not sinuses) sometimes after eating Chinese food in the US. I got used to just asking for no MSG and I haven't had it happen recently. I know it is used in some pre-packaged foods and spices here, and those amounts don't have any effect on me. However, I am a little concerned if they dump large quantities of it in the food in China and Singapore. I didn't have any problems with MSG in Vietnam, Cambodia or Thailand and I don't think I requested food without it. Not sure how much it is used there.
Will most restaurants be able to accomodate if I ask for no MSG? We are staying at the Le Royal Meridien in Shanghai-could they write my "no MSG" request on a card in Chinese for me? Is there a lot of MSG in the dumplings or is it mainly in very spicy dishes? I do really want to take advantage of eating all the good food while I'm there, so appreciate any suggestions you may have.
Thanks so much in advance! I'm sure I'll have more questions as I do more research about these places!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 토토 총판 모집 【 'kakao: dnj2016●텔레그램 : speed2017' 】
- 2 스위피 ⊙접속 : 【_mk289.com_】
- 3 2 nights Phuket - What beach to stay on?
- 4 토토총판 합니다 【 'kakao: dnj2016●텔레그램 : speed2017' 】
- 5 토토총판 모집 【 'kakao: dnj2016●텔레그램 : speed2017' 】
- 6 스위피 ▣ 홈피: 【_mk289.com_】
- 7 http://fitnesseducations.com/xtend-xr/
- 8 Overland Travel Chiang Mai to Manipur
- 9 Any suggestions for travel agents for Taiwan?
- 10 Japan Help-Ryokan or no?
- 11 South Korea for Chuseok
- 12 Googling to going...to Gujarat!
- 13 Bhutan... Have You Been
- 14 Getting Yourself Around Beijing
- 15 Bhutan travel operator and number of days
- 16 Tokyo hotel help
- 17 Bali - What to do?
- 18 India (north-east) + Maldives ititneraty help
- 19 AirAsia ASEAN pass?
- 20 help with s.e.a. trip destination for xmas, family of 4
- 21 travel to Malaysia or Indonesia
- 22 Best place for a solo traveler to find a travel partner
- 23 Bangkok transport to Shangri La Hotel
- 24 Private tours in Northern India
- 25 To the Gili Islands - From Ubud or South Bali?