My boyfriend and I are moving to Vietnam in a couple of months for work. We´ll live there for at least several years and would like to not spend our first year there constantly ill but don´t know what to expect. Should we expect to spend a lot of time sick our first couple of months/years?
We´ve been to the doctor and got all our vaccinations so in that way we´re set.
Can anyone give us advice on what to expect and how to avoid getting sick?
Obviously things like not eating the meat will be impossible since we´re going to be living there.
Any advice or experience from other expats who have moved to Asia (esp. Vietnam) would be much appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Vietnam/Cambodia itinerary
- 2 A hungry mouse's (very sweaty) adventures in the Land of the Rising Sun
- 3 Japanese Alps, JR option, Kamakura - more advice gratefully accepted!
- 4 Sri Lanka planning - advice sought.
- 5 Silk Road Tour - China
- 6 Family trip to Japan in November '17
- 7 Connection time in Bangkok on separate tickets
- 8 November, March, June... Japan?
- 9 Hong Kong - Tian Tan Buddha
- 10 Will 3.5 hours be enough for int’l to domestic transfer in Beijing?
- 11 Across Vietnam - Travel Guide
- 12 6 weeks in Nepal, Bhutan, Borneo and more...
- 13 Canggu Surfing - Learn to surf advice
- 14 coastal Central Vietnam (Hoi An and Hue) trip report
- 15 Thailand Visa Concern for Stay Over 30 Days
- 16 Yunnan Province, China, Trip Report: May 26-June 10, 2017
- 17 Car and driver agra to jaipur
- 18 12 days in Thailand itinerary
- 19 Burma, Cambodia, Vietnam, Laos
- 20 Japan rail pass: 7 or 14 days? Itinerary set
- 21 The best time for hiking in Yakushima
- 22 Trekking & Camping at Nagalapuram
- 23 Renting 4G Wi-Fi Device in Korea
- 24 Kuala Lumpur itinerary
- 25 To see the Himalayas in 10 days?