I noticed today on japan-guide.com that some huts are open until mid Sept. I had thought you could only climb in July and August.
Has anyone climbed in early Sept? Can you get to the summit at this time of year? Is it feasible to attempt it at this time?
Is it a hard climb? I'm in relatively good shape however I live in S Florida so the elevation and temperature might pose a problem. I've been to Quito and was ok but I wasn't climbing a mountain
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 New Thai Visa
- 2 january 31 in colombo
- 3 Serendipity Srilanka
- 4 sri lanka two places, two hotels
- 5 best options for cell phone in Vietnam and Thailand
- 6 2 weeks in Vietnam
- 7 Traffic and Police in India
- 8 Tuk Tuk Driver For Cochin
- 9 Sulawesi - Tanah Toraja, Lake Tempe and Ramang Ramang
- 10 A hungry mouse's (very sweaty) adventures in the Land of the Rising Sun
- 11 New Years in Japan
- 12 Need ideas: Himeji? Osaka? Fukuchiyama area? Kinosaki
- 13 Best natural wonders in Japan?
- 14 Good fare for US west coast to Japan?
- 15 3 weeks in Japan
- 16 A first time for everything in Japan
- 17 India Tour Companies
- 18 Road Accidents and Police Assistance in SE Asia.
- 19 Tokyo-to do and districts
- 20 Kerala House Boat book online?
- 21 Chiang Mai, Chiang Rai, Sukhotai ..or even Siem Riep?:
- 22 Understanding beach destinations in Thailand
- 23 3 Weeks Thailand Itinerary - Advice Sought
- 24 Seeing the bats at Khao Yai, Thailand
- 25 Itinerary/tips for 2-3 weeks in Japan in Nov.