I noticed today on japan-guide.com that some huts are open until mid Sept. I had thought you could only climb in July and August.
Has anyone climbed in early Sept? Can you get to the summit at this time of year? Is it feasible to attempt it at this time?
Is it a hard climb? I'm in relatively good shape however I live in S Florida so the elevation and temperature might pose a problem. I've been to Quito and was ok but I wasn't climbing a mountain
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Delhi, India Hotels/Guest Houses
- 2 K2 Base Camp- Concordia Gondogoro La Trek, Unforgettable Experience
- 3 help with SE Asia itinerary
- 4 9 days in Bali
- 5 Are personal tour guides in Tokyo and Kyoto work the cost?
- 6 NYT article on Bangkok's River of Kings
- 7 A fun week in Bangkok!
- 8 Italy from an Asian base
- 9 Handeda to Narita airports, train or bus?
- 10 Another South East Asian sojourn.
- 11 Bags are packed for Bangkok!
- 12 20 Days In Japan: We survived Sakura!
- 13 Air India Versus Jet airways. Which is best for India
- 14 Activation of JR Pass
- 15 Shinkansen (Bullet Train) Kyoto-Tokyo---Step by step process
- 16 2 Weeks in Japan July 2016
- 17 My new 10 year china visa
- 18 TRIP REPORT: Just returned from first visit to Japan!
- 19 Bus travel Luang Prabang to Xishuangbanna. Anyone?
- 20 Layover in Hong Kong
- 21 Trip to Thailand - advice
- 22 5 weeks in Japan - Autumn 2011 Trip Report
- 23 2 weeks in Java
- 24 Southeast Asia Itinerary Advice
- 25 Japan SIM / Phone Data Options