I'm going to Vietnam for the first time with my girlfriend in April. The first 1.5-2 weeks will be centered around Hanoi. I want to go to both Ha Long bay and Dong Van Karst Plateau Geological park.
Is it possible/a good idea to rent a motorbike and go to both of these places on our own? I really like to be able to go where I want and am not a big fan of tours, which I know are offered. Also, where is a good place to stay near Dong Van Karst park
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 What island to visit while visiting HongKong
- 2 Tokyo-to do and districts
- 3 Georgia (country) Trip Report
- 4 First time in Japan in November - Request Itinerary Help
- 5 Best One World Flight Routing For Indonesia: September, 2018
- 6 Advice on hotels in Shinjuku
- 7 Why Should I include Colombo in my tour itinerary?
- 8 New Years in Japan
- 9 A Victory Day Tour
- 10 Traffic and Police in India
- 11 India visa for new passport
- 12 Osaka Food Guide - Travel Report
- 13 Best natural wonders in Japan?
- 14 Tuk Tuk Driver For Cochin
- 15 A hungry mouse's (very sweaty) adventures in the Land of the Rising Sun
- 16 Serendipity Srilanka
- 17 Good fare for US west coast to Japan?
- 18 New Thai Visa
- 19 What outwear would you pack for late August?
- 20 2 weeks in Vietnam
- 21 Sri Lanka in December
- 22 Travel Report Turkmenistan (Ashgabat - Gas Crater - Konye Urgench)
- 23 january 31 in colombo
- 24 sri lanka two places, two hotels
- 25 Sulawesi - Tanah Toraja, Lake Tempe and Ramang Ramang