DH and I applied online for our tourist visas and made appointments to go to the BLS DC office in person. Upon arrival at our designated date and time we were called up to the counter in a timely manner. Having previously been informed that we had to present payment by money order I was somewhat annoyed to learn that they actually take cash -- that would have saved me some time and money. Oh well. We were applying for 10-year tourist visas, and the clerk at the counter warned us that there was a possibility that we could be denied or granted a visa for a shorter period of time with no explanation and no refund of the price difference. Ultimately we decided to take the risk. Four days later I was notified that my passport was ready for pickup. DH received notice that his application had been forwarded to the Embassy. The next day he received notice that his passport was ready for pickup as well. I returned to BLS five days after we had submitted our applications and picked up our passports with the visas. Mine was granted for 10 years, DH's for only 6 months -- as we'd been told might be the case there were no reasons given and no refunds.
(Mostly) OK experience with BLS Washington DC
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 A Thailand holiday vacation 9 years in a row!
- 2 10 Day Japan Trip - Need Some Help Choosing!
- 3 Connaught Place
- 4 Busan in two weeks January 2015, coping with the cold.
- 5 vietnam and laos
- 6 questions about trip to Mrauk U
- 7 Burma - Our Mad Dash Across Too Much
- 8 Bangkok: Shangri-La, Penninsula, Mandarin Oriental
- 9 My SEA trip - photos update
- 10 Bali - seeking feedback on 3-week itinerary
- 11 Which to see first - Kyoto or Tokyo?
- 12 First trip to Vietnam! Help me with my itinerary please!
- 13 6 Hour Layover in Hong Kong what to do
- 14 One night stand in Tokyo: what area/hotel to stay in?
- 15 Travel Report to Siem Reap + Angkor + Northwest Cambodia
- 16 You're Not Going to Japan AGAIN?
- 17 Hotel or Air First for Japan?
- 18 First trip to Japan-17 night Itinerary in Cherry Blossom season
- 19 Elephants in Northern Thailand
- 20 From Ryokan to Buddhist Monastery: Two Weeks in Japan
- 21 Best country to visit 1st time in Southeast Asia
- 22 What did you think of Mumbai?
- 23 1 week in Southeast Asia
- 24 Drink Rec for Sri Lankan Food
- 25 Jewelry shopping in Bangkok