DH and I applied online for our tourist visas and made appointments to go to the BLS DC office in person. Upon arrival at our designated date and time we were called up to the counter in a timely manner. Having previously been informed that we had to present payment by money order I was somewhat annoyed to learn that they actually take cash -- that would have saved me some time and money. Oh well. We were applying for 10-year tourist visas, and the clerk at the counter warned us that there was a possibility that we could be denied or granted a visa for a shorter period of time with no explanation and no refund of the price difference. Ultimately we decided to take the risk. Four days later I was notified that my passport was ready for pickup. DH received notice that his application had been forwarded to the Embassy. The next day he received notice that his passport was ready for pickup as well. I returned to BLS five days after we had submitted our applications and picked up our passports with the visas. Mine was granted for 10 years, DH's for only 6 months -- as we'd been told might be the case there were no reasons given and no refunds.
(Mostly) OK experience with BLS Washington DC
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Recs for Tokyo hotels
- 2 Hotels in Hong Kong
- 3 Sixteen Day in South Korea
- 4 SE Asia July/August - more itinerary advice needed
- 5 Has anyone done a houseboat trip in Kerala
- 6 what gifts to take to host in Cambodia from the U.D.
- 7 Living in Bangalore, India for 12 months. How to handle Malaria?
- 8 Diving in Thailand? Be aware!
- 9 Have you stayed at Outrigger Laguna Beach Resort Phuket?
- 10 Cherry blossom
- 11 Hua Hin or another family friendly beach?
- 12 Trip Report on Recent Journey to Nepal
- 13 How safe is Delhi/India
- 14 Shopping in Akhiabara
- 15 Which Putu in Bali????
- 16 Calling all Boracay experts!
- 17 10 hour layover in Tokyo Narita Airport
- 18 Suggestion for which city to break up our flights on the way to India?
- 19 Bangkok, Luang Prabang, Luang Say, Chiang Rai, Singapore (but no Siem Reap)
- 20 Malaysia in September
- 21 Trip Report: Malaysian Borneo and Singapore
- 22 Asiana lounge in Seoul
- 23 Truly a one day suit in Hong Kong?
- 24 Bangkok, Penang and Chiang Mai - Kathie's 2006 Trip Report
- 25 Overwhelmed by info...First time in Philippines...What Island