DH and I applied online for our tourist visas and made appointments to go to the BLS DC office in person. Upon arrival at our designated date and time we were called up to the counter in a timely manner. Having previously been informed that we had to present payment by money order I was somewhat annoyed to learn that they actually take cash -- that would have saved me some time and money. Oh well. We were applying for 10-year tourist visas, and the clerk at the counter warned us that there was a possibility that we could be denied or granted a visa for a shorter period of time with no explanation and no refund of the price difference. Ultimately we decided to take the risk. Four days later I was notified that my passport was ready for pickup. DH received notice that his application had been forwarded to the Embassy. The next day he received notice that his passport was ready for pickup as well. I returned to BLS five days after we had submitted our applications and picked up our passports with the visas. Mine was granted for 10 years, DH's for only 6 months -- as we'd been told might be the case there were no reasons given and no refunds.
(Mostly) OK experience with BLS Washington DC
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Yet antoher Query on Japan IT.
- 2 Short trip to Bangkok via Dubai
- 3 Excellent Customer Service with Bangkok Food Tours
- 4 Problems booking a hotel in Tokyo
- 5 Myanmar - A Visit to a Country in Transition
- 6 One-day tours in Kathmandu and Lhasa
- 7 Please share the things you liked in Hanoi and Hoi An
- 8 Transport logistics: Kyoto, Hiroshima/Miyajima, Kyushu
- 9 Alternatives to/within Krabi in April - due to weather and pregnancy
- 10 Ever heard of an Okinawa to Haneda Airpack Fare?
- 11 Your opinion of our Japan & China itinerary
- 12 Nepal
- 13 Kyushu & Honshu Fall 2011
- 14 Would appreciate your comments on my Vietnam itinerary
- 15 Itinerary set: Now some logistical questions on first time trip to Japan
- 16 looking for a great hotel in K.L./ Lost camera!!!!!!!
- 17 4-5 days in SE Asia
- 18 Where did you exchange dollars for Rupees??
- 19 Halong Bay Tour - Is there another day tour you recommend instead?
- 20 1st time Japan - solo female
- 21 David's Trip Report--Japan- November 2013
- 22 From Singapore to NZ: A Remarkable Safari Through Time and Across Cultures
- 23 3 weeks in Japan- Finalized... I think
- 24 Travelling to Thailand from U.S. this June/July
- 25 Odyssey unlimited