My husband and I are very well traveled and have visited most of our 1st, 2nd and possibly 3rd tier countries. This year we have limited time for any trip---7-9 days at most. We like to bike, hike, are active travelers but also enjoy different cultures and history. Spiceroads is offering a short biking trip to Mongolia in the Khan Khenty region. Beyond that, we are also considering a few other unvisited countries that would meet the "short" criteria....Brazil, Columbia, Iceland, and Taiwan. Is Mongolia worth a trip or do we need to travel more extensively to enjoy the country and your thoughts on our other destinations. Right now, we hope to travel sometime in August or September. Thank you for your thoughts and please be honest in offering your Mongolia opinions since right now, we would be tent camping throughout the Spiceroads bike trip with a day or two in Ulaanbaatar and possibly a stop in Seoul, Korea.
Mongolia...worth a short trip or should we look at tier 3-4???
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Karen and Tom - a romantic Vietnam getaway: ENGAGED!!!
- 2 Please help me plan 3.5 weeks in South Korea
- 3 April in Bangkok, again!
- 4 Problems at 12,000'
- 5 Hua Hin or another family friendly beach?
- 6 Recs for Tokyo hotels
- 7 GOING TO SE ASIA , NEED HELP
- 8 Sixteen Day in South Korea
- 9 osaka to kobe frrom ship to ship
- 10 Spring trip to Tokyo and Kyoto -10 days
- 11 Best Time of Year to Visit Ko Samui/Krabi (Weather)
- 12 12 day split between Beijing and Shanghai
- 13 Which Putu in Bali????
- 14 Biting the India bullet...well, maybe...
- 15 Japan, japan
- 16 Have you stayed at Outrigger Laguna Beach Resort Phuket?
- 17 Bangkok, Luang Prabang, Luang Say, Chiang Rai, Singapore (but no Siem Reap)
- 18 Flying from place to place in Asia - here's our plan with questions
- 19 Hong Kong restaurants
- 20 Hotels in Hong Kong
- 21 India for 2 weeks in December/January
- 22 Drinking cheap in Singapore
- 23 Has anyone done a houseboat trip in Kerala
- 24 Bali trip - Places to visit outside of Bali / SE Asia
- 25 SE Asia July/August - more itinerary advice needed