My husband and I are very well traveled and have visited most of our 1st, 2nd and possibly 3rd tier countries. This year we have limited time for any trip---7-9 days at most. We like to bike, hike, are active travelers but also enjoy different cultures and history. Spiceroads is offering a short biking trip to Mongolia in the Khan Khenty region. Beyond that, we are also considering a few other unvisited countries that would meet the "short" criteria....Brazil, Columbia, Iceland, and Taiwan. Is Mongolia worth a trip or do we need to travel more extensively to enjoy the country and your thoughts on our other destinations. Right now, we hope to travel sometime in August or September. Thank you for your thoughts and please be honest in offering your Mongolia opinions since right now, we would be tent camping throughout the Spiceroads bike trip with a day or two in Ulaanbaatar and possibly a stop in Seoul, Korea.
Mongolia...worth a short trip or should we look at tier 3-4???
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 N. India itinerary feedback
- 2 Knockoff Designer bags in Vietnam?
- 3 Chiang Mai OR Luang Prabang
- 4 Destination Bangkok, again
- 5 Bangkok - State Railways of Thailand - All the Excursions
- 6 Honeymoon In sept
- 7 Vacay to Thailand end of December-January 2014
- 8 Jakarta or Kuala Lumpor
- 9 anyone been to minsk aircraft carrier, Shenzhen while staying in Kowloon
- 10 £0 day visa exempt - 30 day extension
- 11 15 Days in Japan, Itinerary Help Please
- 12 4 wonderful solo weeks in South Korea
- 13 Travel during China national week?
- 14 Weekend Market and Or Tor Kor-Bangkok
- 15 Popular Thai hi-so restaurants... Any suggestions?
- 16 Bali or Fiji
- 17 flight details from Chicago area to BKK
- 18 Honeymoon in december 2014
- 19 Don't use World Expeditions
- 20 Food tours in HCMC/Saigon?
- 21 Trip report/blog - 10 days in Tokyo and Kyoto
- 22 Affordable accommodation in Yangon near Sule Pagoda
- 23 Bangkok - Side trip to Ayutthaya
- 24 3 days in Teheran
- 25 Trip Report and Diary - Tokyo in 7 Days