My husband and I are very well traveled and have visited most of our 1st, 2nd and possibly 3rd tier countries. This year we have limited time for any trip---7-9 days at most. We like to bike, hike, are active travelers but also enjoy different cultures and history. Spiceroads is offering a short biking trip to Mongolia in the Khan Khenty region. Beyond that, we are also considering a few other unvisited countries that would meet the "short" criteria....Brazil, Columbia, Iceland, and Taiwan. Is Mongolia worth a trip or do we need to travel more extensively to enjoy the country and your thoughts on our other destinations. Right now, we hope to travel sometime in August or September. Thank you for your thoughts and please be honest in offering your Mongolia opinions since right now, we would be tent camping throughout the Spiceroads bike trip with a day or two in Ulaanbaatar and possibly a stop in Seoul, Korea.
Mongolia...worth a short trip or should we look at tier 3-4???
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Tokyo and Thailand in July
- 2 Vietnam Family Travel Plans
- 3 View from the plane arriving in Singapore then Bali from U.S.
- 4 Penang
- 5 Ideas for an off beaten path trip in Burma
- 6 Myanmar - Our thoughts and experiences from our recent trip
- 7 India
- 8 Cost differences between spring and autumn visits to Japan?
- 9 First Time Visit to Japan in November 2015 - Itinerary Review
- 10 India: A dream trip meets reality for me
- 11 A week in April; Kyoto and Tokyo?
- 12 Help! Selecting a Thai beach!
- 13 At the very beginning stages of planning a trip to Shanghai and Beijing
- 14 Indonesia Itinerary help
- 15 Some Final Thoughts on a Trip to SE Asia
- 16 Is Boutique Sri Lanka out of business?
- 17 July itinerary in Japan
- 18 Tokyo to Takayama or Kanazawa
- 19 tips and ideas for 10 days in Sri Lanka, train travel, beach options
- 20 10 Day Trip Through Japan (Help needed!)
- 21 picture for evisa for Myanmar?
- 22 There and back again: a conflicted (and reimagined) India Trip Report
- 23 60+ travelers to Vietnam, package tour or day tours?
- 24 Dinner for friends visiting Hanoi
- 25 China's Direct Visa - Yet Another Vexation!