My husband and I are very well traveled and have visited most of our 1st, 2nd and possibly 3rd tier countries. This year we have limited time for any trip---7-9 days at most. We like to bike, hike, are active travelers but also enjoy different cultures and history. Spiceroads is offering a short biking trip to Mongolia in the Khan Khenty region. Beyond that, we are also considering a few other unvisited countries that would meet the "short" criteria....Brazil, Columbia, Iceland, and Taiwan. Is Mongolia worth a trip or do we need to travel more extensively to enjoy the country and your thoughts on our other destinations. Right now, we hope to travel sometime in August or September. Thank you for your thoughts and please be honest in offering your Mongolia opinions since right now, we would be tent camping throughout the Spiceroads bike trip with a day or two in Ulaanbaatar and possibly a stop in Seoul, Korea.
Mongolia...worth a short trip or should we look at tier 3-4???
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Bangkok, here I come! Yes, again!!
- 2 Trip Report: Second Time to Japan - Sakura, Gardens and Castles
- 3 Kyoto for 3 full days - help with itinerary suggestions!
- 4 Seeking suggestions for our Nepal time in November. Do we need masks?
- 5 Where to go?
- 6 Kerala, India - 10 day holiday
- 7 2015 Cherry Blossom Forecast Published
- 8 Comment please re stops during drive from Chiang Rai to Chiang Khong
- 9 suggestions for 3 adults sharing 1 room in Japan
- 10 S E Asia part of our Round the World Trip
- 11 Mt Wutai or Mt Tai
- 12 Which airport for Tokyo
- 13 Victoria Peak Hong Kong Question
- 14 Saturday or Sunday for guided tour not too far from Chiang Mai?
- 15 MSG in Hong Kong?
- 16 newbie solo traveler! budget traveling Japan for a month
- 17 Rain in Hong Kong next week
- 18 Private transfer from Amritsar to Wahga Border
- 19 India at the end of May
- 20 Restaurants in Singapore
- 21 Books on Japanese mythology or novels inspired by it
- 22 14 Days in Myanmar over the Holidays
- 23 should i stay in Bali longer for the july 15 holiday ?
- 24 Great Wall hike
- 25 Georgia e-visa application