My husband and I are very well traveled and have visited most of our 1st, 2nd and possibly 3rd tier countries. This year we have limited time for any trip---7-9 days at most. We like to bike, hike, are active travelers but also enjoy different cultures and history. Spiceroads is offering a short biking trip to Mongolia in the Khan Khenty region. Beyond that, we are also considering a few other unvisited countries that would meet the "short" criteria....Brazil, Columbia, Iceland, and Taiwan. Is Mongolia worth a trip or do we need to travel more extensively to enjoy the country and your thoughts on our other destinations. Right now, we hope to travel sometime in August or September. Thank you for your thoughts and please be honest in offering your Mongolia opinions since right now, we would be tent camping throughout the Spiceroads bike trip with a day or two in Ulaanbaatar and possibly a stop in Seoul, Korea.
Mongolia...worth a short trip or should we look at tier 3-4???
View all Asia activity »
- 1 Robinson store/Bangrak, Bangkok - has it reopened?
- 2 Trip report China
- 3 Looking for affordable travel companies in India!!!!
- 4 Wait time for Vietnam visa on arrival
- 5 Vietnam Visa on Arrival - Help
- 6 Bali -- Visa on Arrival
- 7 Any recommendations for drivers in Beijing?
- 8 Magical India
- 9 Sketches from Japan - Autumn 2013
- 10 First time trip to Japan - Fall 2013
- 11 Burma, Myanmar Visa On Arrival (VOA) Is Available And Is As Easy As ...
- 12 Traveling on Makha Bucha in Thailand
- 13 Xian Crystal Mooncake
- 14 Shopping for hotels for Feb.
- 15 Fresh Hearts and Egg Tarts: Our Silver Jubilee in Hong Kong & Macau
- 16 Seoul, Korea Accommodation / Restaurants
- 17 Car Parking at Uno Port
- 18 Myanmar and Mt Popa
- 19 Plan On Finally Visiting Japan, Looking For Advice...!
- 20 Next trip: Sri Lanka & Maldives. Need help from the travel gods.
- 21 Thai Visa Options for longer/ multiple stays
- 22 Visiting the Huangshan Area Without Climbing the Mountain
- 23 Planning 1st trip to japan. Ideas?
- 24 Indian Visa: Experience with BLS International?
- 25 clean,reasonable priced lodging in Orchha, Bodghaya, Khajuraho, Varanasi