I need some input from fellow travelers. I was initially on going to Rajastan in about two months time for three weeks, but because of some unavoidable issues have had to choose an alternative destination at the last minute for dates that I can't change.
I'm interested in cultural destinations (spiritual, ethnic, historical, but not contemporary) and was thinking of an Asian destination and have narrowed it down to Mongolia, Nepal/Tibet, and Japan/Korea.
I'm young and like travel independently. Mongolia in particular I'm not sure where to start with--most reports mention natural landscapes, but I'm more interested in the cultural side of things, e.g. if there are monasteries I could visit, etc. Nepal/Tibet sound like a good alternative option, but I'm less sure of safety (by which I'm mainly concerned about my DSLR) and ease of moving about. Is it similar to Bhutan minus the expense? (I haven't been to Bhutan, but have loved reading trip reports on it!)
Japan/Korea would be the easy option in as far as the aforementioned aspects are concerned, but obviously more pricey.
Appreciate input from anyone who's been to above places--mainly your general impression of what the travel experience was like (e.g. if the highlight was cultural versus natural, etc).
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 YAHOO@ Password Reset CONTACT ☎* 1:800:982:8520 Tec*h 24/7
- 2 Sri Lanka in December
- 3 Sweltering in Saigon.
- 4 Please recommend a hotel in Mumbai
- 5 Japan Itinerary Help Needed
- 6 Start in Tokyo or Kyoto?
- 7 Kuala Lumpur itinerary
- 8 Vietnam 3 week itinerary help
- 9 Angkor guides: Tek???
- 10 What areas to stay in Singapore & Bali
- 11 Sudden holiday to Japan
- 12 Hanoi, Vietnam 1 week
- 13 Travel Help!! Thailand - Ko Tao, Koh Samui or Ko Pha Ngan
- 14 Vietnam: Itinerary for 15 days in September
- 15 Safety concerns for solo female traveler in SE Asia and itinerary feedback
- 16 Japan Questions - shots, shoulders and shorts
- 17 Renting 4G Wi-Fi Device in Korea
- 18 Japan in December - yay or nay?
- 19 Hong Kong
- 20 Bangkok- Dinner Cruises
- 21 Bangkok- Sky Bars
- 22 Beijing Architecture and Art District - Travel Report
- 23 Something about... Malaysia
- 24 Kyoto Temples and Imperial Palace - Travel Report
- 25 Budget Servied Apt