I need some input from fellow travelers. I was initially on going to Rajastan in about two months time for three weeks, but because of some unavoidable issues have had to choose an alternative destination at the last minute for dates that I can't change.
I'm interested in cultural destinations (spiritual, ethnic, historical, but not contemporary) and was thinking of an Asian destination and have narrowed it down to Mongolia, Nepal/Tibet, and Japan/Korea.
I'm young and like travel independently. Mongolia in particular I'm not sure where to start with--most reports mention natural landscapes, but I'm more interested in the cultural side of things, e.g. if there are monasteries I could visit, etc. Nepal/Tibet sound like a good alternative option, but I'm less sure of safety (by which I'm mainly concerned about my DSLR) and ease of moving about. Is it similar to Bhutan minus the expense? (I haven't been to Bhutan, but have loved reading trip reports on it!)
Japan/Korea would be the easy option in as far as the aforementioned aspects are concerned, but obviously more pricey.
Appreciate input from anyone who's been to above places--mainly your general impression of what the travel experience was like (e.g. if the highlight was cultural versus natural, etc).
Mongolia versus Nepal/Tibet versus Japan/Korea
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 HKIA taxi with 3 people plus luggage?
- 2 Vietnam Family Travel Plans
- 3 July itinerary in Japan
- 4 India and Nepal 2014
- 5 4-1/2 days in Seoul
- 6 Phones, staying in touch and SIM cards in India
- 7 2 Wonderful Weeks in Thailand
- 8 Vietnam Itinerary - should I drop anything as too much
- 9 How early do you get to get to the airport in Thailand?
- 10 China's Direct Visa - Yet Another Vexation!
- 11 Hong Kong and ? for 8 days in April
- 12 NYT Article on Myanmar
- 13 India: A dream trip meets reality for me
- 14 2015 Cherry Blossom Forecast Published
- 15 Solo female : Bali or Thailand?
- 16 Ideas for solo (female) trip next month
- 17 Phuket and surrounding areas
- 18 A week of blue skies in Beijing, who would've guessed?
- 19 How far in advance are hotels available to reserve?
- 20 Where in Bali should we stay
- 21 Free Weekend in Hong Kong - your favorite restaurants?
- 22 First trip to Vietnam! Help me with my itinerary please!
- 23 Vietnam or Brazil
- 24 Getting a "feel" for a country.
- 25 Car rental companies Phuket Airport?