I need some input from fellow travelers. I was initially on going to Rajastan in about two months time for three weeks, but because of some unavoidable issues have had to choose an alternative destination at the last minute for dates that I can't change.
I'm interested in cultural destinations (spiritual, ethnic, historical, but not contemporary) and was thinking of an Asian destination and have narrowed it down to Mongolia, Nepal/Tibet, and Japan/Korea.
I'm young and like travel independently. Mongolia in particular I'm not sure where to start with--most reports mention natural landscapes, but I'm more interested in the cultural side of things, e.g. if there are monasteries I could visit, etc. Nepal/Tibet sound like a good alternative option, but I'm less sure of safety (by which I'm mainly concerned about my DSLR) and ease of moving about. Is it similar to Bhutan minus the expense? (I haven't been to Bhutan, but have loved reading trip reports on it!)
Japan/Korea would be the easy option in as far as the aforementioned aspects are concerned, but obviously more pricey.
Appreciate input from anyone who's been to above places--mainly your general impression of what the travel experience was like (e.g. if the highlight was cultural versus natural, etc).
Mongolia versus Nepal/Tibet versus Japan/Korea
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Kerala Itinerary - Houseboat and Tree House Questions
- 2 Connaught Place
- 3 What did you think of Mumbai?
- 4 Free and best app for searching restaurants in China
- 5 narrow down destinations, Japan 2 weeks in April
- 6 Which to see first - Kyoto or Tokyo?
- 7 Burma - Our Mad Dash Across Too Much
- 8 Nepal- recipe?
- 9 vietnam and laos
- 10 A Thailand holiday vacation 9 years in a row!
- 11 5 Days in Siem Reap
- 12 Thai Vacation: Valuable Last Minute Details - Chapter 1
- 13 Elephants in Northern Thailand
- 14 Bangkok: Shangri-La, Penninsula, Mandarin Oriental
- 15 New Hanoi Hotel opening
- 16 3 weeks in Myanmar-What an adventure!
- 17 10 Day Japan Trip - Need Some Help Choosing!
- 18 My SEA trip - photos update
- 19 Air Asia All You Can Fly
- 20 Busan in two weeks January 2015, coping with the cold.
- 21 Which Section of Great Wall? And add visit to Ming Tombs?
- 22 Travel Report for Laos - Asia’s Most Relaxed Destination
- 23 Best country to visit 1st time in Southeast Asia
- 24 Myanmar Itinerary Please Help?!
- 25 Trip to Borneo to See Orangutans