I need some input from fellow travelers. I was initially on going to Rajastan in about two months time for three weeks, but because of some unavoidable issues have had to choose an alternative destination at the last minute for dates that I can't change.
I'm interested in cultural destinations (spiritual, ethnic, historical, but not contemporary) and was thinking of an Asian destination and have narrowed it down to Mongolia, Nepal/Tibet, and Japan/Korea.
I'm young and like travel independently. Mongolia in particular I'm not sure where to start with--most reports mention natural landscapes, but I'm more interested in the cultural side of things, e.g. if there are monasteries I could visit, etc. Nepal/Tibet sound like a good alternative option, but I'm less sure of safety (by which I'm mainly concerned about my DSLR) and ease of moving about. Is it similar to Bhutan minus the expense? (I haven't been to Bhutan, but have loved reading trip reports on it!)
Japan/Korea would be the easy option in as far as the aforementioned aspects are concerned, but obviously more pricey.
Appreciate input from anyone who's been to above places--mainly your general impression of what the travel experience was like (e.g. if the highlight was cultural versus natural, etc).
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Jan-March: TH, HK, JP?
- 2 Visiting a Country in Mourning
- 3 Nywoman single older woman goes to Japan
- 4 5 nights in Kerala or Chennai?
- 5 Santa Maria Travels and Inle Lake
- 6 India Safari 2017
- 7 Japan- National Holiday
- 8 Japan, Hong Kong, Singapore - advise is needed
- 9 Something out of the ordinary to do in Thailand
- 10 India in March and April??
- 11 Many Questions for 1st Japan Trip
- 12 Yes, They Are wearing black in Bangkok
- 13 Trichy to Ooty Trip with My Family
- 14 Real Experiences and Travel Agency in Southeast Asia to choose
- 15 Vietnam to increase visa cost for Americans
- 16 Rishikesh, India
- 17 7 days in Ho Chi Minh City
- 18 Tokyo Shopping: Sports Team Tees
- 19 Passport
- 20 Our trip to the Republic of Georgia
- 21 "China Eastern Airline" is it really bad??
- 22 Tips for Others Planning to Visit Japan
- 23 Siem reap to Sihanoukville flight
- 24 How would you spend your last few days in Thailand.
- 25 Are knitting needles allowed on ANA?