Anyone interested in Mongolia? I'll be leaving late June and spending a couple days at The Great Wall, hiking along the less developed areas and even staying overnight in one of the Great Wall watch towers. This is a government-approved and sponsored activity, I'm not just planning on camping out there.
I'll take the 30-hour train from Beijing to UlaanBaatar, Mongolia.
Mongolia activities include:
Museums and monasteries
The Gobi Desert
Altai Mountains and Kazakh eagle hunters
Karakhorum & Hustai Reserve with takhi horses
Many nights in traditional gers.
I'll be checking this to see if anyone is interested in doing any of these.
Mongolia this summer?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 A Thailand holiday vacation 9 years in a row!
- 2 vietnam and laos
- 3 Bangkok: Shangri-La, Penninsula, Mandarin Oriental
- 4 One night stand in Tokyo: what area/hotel to stay in?
- 5 First trip to Vietnam! Help me with my itinerary please!
- 6 Travel Report to Siem Reap + Angkor + Northwest Cambodia
- 7 You're Not Going to Japan AGAIN?
- 8 Is 5 nights in Lombok too much? Which room at Quinci Pool Villas!
- 9 Burma - Our Mad Dash Across Too Much
- 10 Hotel or Air First for Japan?
- 11 Which to see first - Kyoto or Tokyo?
- 12 First trip to Japan-17 night Itinerary in Cherry Blossom season
- 13 questions about trip to Mrauk U
- 14 Elephants in Northern Thailand
- 15 My SEA trip - photos update
- 16 From Ryokan to Buddhist Monastery: Two Weeks in Japan
- 17 Best country to visit 1st time in Southeast Asia
- 18 What did you think of Mumbai?
- 19 1 week in Southeast Asia
- 20 Drink Rec for Sri Lankan Food
- 21 Jewelry shopping in Bangkok
- 22 Great place for a honeymoon destination?
- 23 New Hanoi Hotel opening
- 24 Japan Itinerary Help Please! 4.5-4.17
- 25 Advice needed for April itinerary and rail pass