Anyone interested in Mongolia? I'll be leaving late June and spending a couple days at The Great Wall, hiking along the less developed areas and even staying overnight in one of the Great Wall watch towers. This is a government-approved and sponsored activity, I'm not just planning on camping out there.
I'll take the 30-hour train from Beijing to UlaanBaatar, Mongolia.
Mongolia activities include:
Museums and monasteries
The Gobi Desert
Altai Mountains and Kazakh eagle hunters
Karakhorum & Hustai Reserve with takhi horses
Many nights in traditional gers.
I'll be checking this to see if anyone is interested in doing any of these.
Mongolia this summer?
- 1 Malaysia and Thailand 2013 travelogues
- 2 Ratings of kaiseki meals at ryokans in Japan?
- 3 SINGAPORE OR CAMBODIA??? (April Honeymoon)
- 4 Magical India
- 5 geisha performance
- 6 Draft itinerary - appreciate some input
- 7 Sketches from Japan - Autumn 2013
- 8 Robinson store/Bangrak, Bangkok - has it reopened?
- 9 Fresh Hearts and Egg Tarts: Our Silver Jubilee in Hong Kong & Macau
- 10 Dread long flights USA to/from BKK
- 11 Tibet and Nepal in 2 weeks?
- 12 Trip report China
- 13 First time trip to Japan - Fall 2013
- 14 Bangkok & demonstrations (2013)
- 15 Any recommendations for drivers in Beijing?
- 16 Traveling on Makha Bucha in Thailand
- 17 Xian Crystal Mooncake
- 18 Shopping for hotels for Feb.
- 19 Seoul, Korea Accommodation / Restaurants
- 20 Car Parking at Uno Port
- 21 Myanmar and Mt Popa
- 22 Plan On Finally Visiting Japan, Looking For Advice...!
- 23 Next trip: Sri Lanka & Maldives. Need help from the travel gods.
- 24 Thai Visa Options for longer/ multiple stays
- 25 Visiting the Huangshan Area Without Climbing the Mountain