Heading out to Myanmar in just over 2 weeks (eeep!) and wanting to clarify with those who may have been there more recently than the guidebooks were written
I'm planning on taking brand new $100USD bills, but am worried I may 1)run out if I don't bring enough or 2) having too much cash on me, makes me a tad uncomfortable (I never have more than $20 on me at home, I'm 100% credit cards)
I'll be sticking to Yangon/Mandalay/Inle/Bagan, with only 3-4 nights out of the main cities- so ATMs should be somewhat easy to come by, correct? Will the exchange rate be horrible? (I know in the past the rate at the airport was atrocious, but it's no longer like this?)
Where CAN I use credit cards? My research is telling me I'll only be able to use them at high-end souvenir shops- is this still the case?
(And yes, I know I'm going at a super-hot time of year, but it was 'go now or wait to go anywhere for 6-7 months', so going now!)
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Review My 23 Day Japan Itinerary
- 2 Japan / Korea Trip
- 3 Please Critique My Itinerary
- 4 Kuala Lumpur Advice - Tour Recommendation
- 5 Japan (Tokyo) trip- April or May least expensive to travel?
- 6 vietnam visa
- 7 Narita Airport to Shinjuku
- 8 Japan GTG, early April
- 9 Sri Lanka- elephants
- 10 Tokyo daytrip
- 11 Does it make sense to stay at 2 Tokyo hotels?
- 12 Bangkok - Pavement [sidewalk] obstructions
- 13 Trip Report : China
- 14 Vietnam 15 day visa exemption - transfer included?
- 15 Upcoming friendly planet trip best of India and nepql
- 16 Looking for Ryokan in Hakone
- 17 Thailand and Vietnam - February 2017
- 18 Confusion with LTE data with a Verizon iPhone 6 Plus
- 19 A Netflix series for those who enjoy Tokyo
- 20 First time in Japan - itinerary feedback
- 21 Need help with Sri Lanka itinerary and hotels
- 22 Bali - What to do?
- 23 Recommendation for Season 3 of Chef's Table
- 24 Impressions of India
- 25 On the road again - to Incredible India.