Heading out to Myanmar in just over 2 weeks (eeep!) and wanting to clarify with those who may have been there more recently than the guidebooks were written
I'm planning on taking brand new $100USD bills, but am worried I may 1)run out if I don't bring enough or 2) having too much cash on me, makes me a tad uncomfortable (I never have more than $20 on me at home, I'm 100% credit cards)
I'll be sticking to Yangon/Mandalay/Inle/Bagan, with only 3-4 nights out of the main cities- so ATMs should be somewhat easy to come by, correct? Will the exchange rate be horrible? (I know in the past the rate at the airport was atrocious, but it's no longer like this?)
Where CAN I use credit cards? My research is telling me I'll only be able to use them at high-end souvenir shops- is this still the case?
(And yes, I know I'm going at a super-hot time of year, but it was 'go now or wait to go anywhere for 6-7 months', so going now!)
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Looking for access code to travel
- 2 Good Places to See in Ooty?
- 3 What are the best places to visit in karnataka during November?
- 4 Permit alert Andaman Islands
- 5 First Trip to Japan - help with planning please
- 6 Sim cards and adaptors
- 7 Sapa - current conditions due to typhoon
- 8 Tasting Sri Lanka
- 9 Hotel in Hanoi
- 10 Four Days in South Korea (Incheon and Seoul) with Baby
- 11 First time to Japan - tour or independent trip?
- 12 Trip Report: Malaysia in 2 weeks
- 13 India help needed
- 14 Nywoman an older single traveler explores Taiwan and Japan
- 15 Help with SEAsia itinerary
- 16 Trekking outside Sapa
- 17 Place to stay Hue
- 18 Custom Dress and man’s suit made in Hoi Ann
- 19 Advice on where to stay in Luang Prabang
- 20 Need help filling out my itinerary
- 21 6-8 Weeks in South East Asia
- 22 Go to Pai or not?
- 23 Ko Kraden hotels
- 24 Driver needed from Heho airport to Kalaw, from Kalaw to Inle lake
- 25 Hoi Ann hotel