Heading out to Myanmar in just over 2 weeks (eeep!) and wanting to clarify with those who may have been there more recently than the guidebooks were written
I'm planning on taking brand new $100USD bills, but am worried I may 1)run out if I don't bring enough or 2) having too much cash on me, makes me a tad uncomfortable (I never have more than $20 on me at home, I'm 100% credit cards)
I'll be sticking to Yangon/Mandalay/Inle/Bagan, with only 3-4 nights out of the main cities- so ATMs should be somewhat easy to come by, correct? Will the exchange rate be horrible? (I know in the past the rate at the airport was atrocious, but it's no longer like this?)
Where CAN I use credit cards? My research is telling me I'll only be able to use them at high-end souvenir shops- is this still the case?
(And yes, I know I'm going at a super-hot time of year, but it was 'go now or wait to go anywhere for 6-7 months', so going now!)
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 파워볼시스템배팅 ▶ 홈피: pwn21.com●가입코드:ctx20▶kakao:ctx2012
- 2 Palawan / Marshall Law... should we be concerned?
- 3 India - remnants of the British Raj
- 4 Please critique my revised itinerary- July 2017
- 5 Hanoi, Vietnam 1 week
- 6 Go ahead...Eat the street food and buffets!
- 7 Christmas in the Alps
- 8 Nywoman single older woman goes to Japan
- 9 My Japan Travels - Follow-along with me
- 10 Is the Bennesse Naoshima Worth It?
- 11 Yercaud – Cheapest Getaway from Chennai
- 12 trying to fathom Chinese train travel
- 13 Laos or Kerala?
- 14 Yogyakarta, Java. Indonesian Cuisine! - Travel Report
- 15 Bali & Singapore in October
- 16 Many Questions for 1st Japan Trip
- 17 Singapore hotel for 3 days
- 18 Bangkok travelogue with kids (ages 5 and 3)
- 19 Ferry from Selayar to Flores
- 20 Booking on the fly
- 21 Which Mumbai Hotel? Westin vs Marriott
- 22 Southeast Asia 2 month itinerary
- 23 How many nights in Tokyo/Kyoto/Osaka? Organizing an itinerary?
- 24 6 weeks in Nepal, Bhutan, Borneo and more...
- 25 Bali Honeymoon - Rec. for Quieter Northern Town