Heading out to Myanmar in just over 2 weeks (eeep!) and wanting to clarify with those who may have been there more recently than the guidebooks were written
I'm planning on taking brand new $100USD bills, but am worried I may 1)run out if I don't bring enough or 2) having too much cash on me, makes me a tad uncomfortable (I never have more than $20 on me at home, I'm 100% credit cards)
I'll be sticking to Yangon/Mandalay/Inle/Bagan, with only 3-4 nights out of the main cities- so ATMs should be somewhat easy to come by, correct? Will the exchange rate be horrible? (I know in the past the rate at the airport was atrocious, but it's no longer like this?)
Where CAN I use credit cards? My research is telling me I'll only be able to use them at high-end souvenir shops- is this still the case?
(And yes, I know I'm going at a super-hot time of year, but it was 'go now or wait to go anywhere for 6-7 months', so going now!)
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Would travelers still be wise to use travel agents for Myanmar?
- 2 Rookies in Japan
- 3 Getting From Bangkok to Koh Phangan
- 4 sri lanka two places, two hotels
- 5 Taiwan in 7 days
- 6 Bhutan... Have You Been
- 7 Googling to going...to Gujarat!
- 8 Izu Peninsula: Ito or Izu?
- 9 changing left over currency
- 10 Japan, Thailand Itinerary
- 11 Bali - 1st Time Visit - Help with Itinerary
- 12 Alternative to Koyasan
- 13 Japan Help-Ryokan or no?
- 14 Silk weaving community in Bangkok
- 15 Do It Yourself/No taxi Tour in China?
- 16 Moderate hotel in Phuket
- 17 Good Places to See in Ooty?
- 18 Itinerary feedback please
- 19 Phone calls to UK from Japan
- 20 Thailand/Cambodia/Vietnam 3 weeks itinerary and visa help
- 21 Tokyo hotel help
- 22 Transportation from PVG to Hotel
- 23 IMMUNIZATIONS Needed?? Thailand/Cambodia/Beijing
- 24 2 nights Phuket - What beach to stay on?
- 25 Impressions of India