Thanks to the advice, my mom (63) and I (35) have worked out the following plans for travel in Jan/Feb. Our focus is on cooking and time together while taking in sights. Can you tell me what you think?
Day 1 - Fly JFK-BKK Premium Econ on Thai Airways
Day 2 - Arrive BKK 4.45, go to Peninsula Hotel, relax, deal with jet lag - where to eat dinner? Massage?
Day 3- Half day tour with Tong in BKK (I have special interest in food, spice markets, etc). 1/2 day exploring on our own, maybe spa? Where to go aside from FACE?
Day 4 - Full day with Tong - floating market, secret place.. I probably don't need to see the tigers. But what else? Where to have dinner on our return?
Day 5 - 1/2 day cooking at Bai Pai, 1/2 day explore on our own
Day 6 - Leave for Chaing Mai on 11ish flight (is does take a long time to get from hotels to airport, right?). Arrive CM and go to Four Seasons (regular one, not tented camp). Relax, possibly go for dinner on CM. When is the night market there? I know it's 45 min, from Four Seasons...
Day 7 - Four Seasons cooking classes. Dinner in Chaing Mai or at hotel?
Day 8 - Leave Four Seasons, check in at Baan Orapin. Do full day cooking class with A Lot of Thai.
Day 9 - Full day Tour with Srgt. Kai - but where? Want to see Elephants, open to other suggestins - hills? Sleep at Baan Orapin.
Day 10 - Fly from CM to BKK, back to Peninsula for last hurrah, last exploration
Day 11 - Leave for home on 1pm flight from BKK - JFK (then fly from JFK home)
Thoughts? Suggestions? Things to consider? I really appreciate your time and thoughts...
Mom and Daughter 1st Time in Thailand - please review Itin.!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 1st time Japan - solo female
- 2 Travelling to Thailand from U.S. this June/July
- 3 From Singapore to NZ: A Remarkable Safari Through Time and Across Cultures
- 4 David's Trip Report--Japan- November 2013
- 5 Myanmar Trip Report: Is It "Too Late" To Go?
- 6 Best of NHK - Video Streaming
- 7 Where did you exchange dollars for Rupees??
- 8 Myanmar Burma travel agent
- 9 Travels in Tumultuous Thailand, languid Luang Prabang & Smiling Siem Reap
- 10 Myanmar - A Visit to a Country in Transition
- 11 Need your Expertise with my Japanese........Itinerary!
- 12 Itinerary set: Now some logistical questions on first time trip to Japan
- 13 looking for a great hotel in K.L./ Lost camera!!!!!!!
- 14 3 weeks in Japan- Finalized... I think
- 15 Great trip to Myanmar, Bangkok and Hong Kong
- 16 1 week in North and Central Vietnam in February
- 17 Guide/Driver for Mumbai,
- 18 Jaipur--Jas Vilas or Royal Heritge Haveli ?
- 19 Indian Visa: Experience with BLS International?
- 20 First timer trying to prepare for trip of a lifetime: BURMA
- 21 How to get to Koh Ngai?
- 22 Glovers 2 month India adventure has begun!
- 23 Japan Itinerary for May
- 24 Thai island escape
- 25 Planning 19 days in Indonesia- need help