Thanks to the advice, my mom (63) and I (35) have worked out the following plans for travel in Jan/Feb. Our focus is on cooking and time together while taking in sights. Can you tell me what you think?
Day 1 - Fly JFK-BKK Premium Econ on Thai Airways
Day 2 - Arrive BKK 4.45, go to Peninsula Hotel, relax, deal with jet lag - where to eat dinner? Massage?
Day 3- Half day tour with Tong in BKK (I have special interest in food, spice markets, etc). 1/2 day exploring on our own, maybe spa? Where to go aside from FACE?
Day 4 - Full day with Tong - floating market, secret place.. I probably don't need to see the tigers. But what else? Where to have dinner on our return?
Day 5 - 1/2 day cooking at Bai Pai, 1/2 day explore on our own
Day 6 - Leave for Chaing Mai on 11ish flight (is does take a long time to get from hotels to airport, right?). Arrive CM and go to Four Seasons (regular one, not tented camp). Relax, possibly go for dinner on CM. When is the night market there? I know it's 45 min, from Four Seasons...
Day 7 - Four Seasons cooking classes. Dinner in Chaing Mai or at hotel?
Day 8 - Leave Four Seasons, check in at Baan Orapin. Do full day cooking class with A Lot of Thai.
Day 9 - Full day Tour with Srgt. Kai - but where? Want to see Elephants, open to other suggestins - hills? Sleep at Baan Orapin.
Day 10 - Fly from CM to BKK, back to Peninsula for last hurrah, last exploration
Day 11 - Leave for home on 1pm flight from BKK - JFK (then fly from JFK home)
Thoughts? Suggestions? Things to consider? I really appreciate your time and thoughts...
Mom and Daughter 1st Time in Thailand - please review Itin.!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 DENTAL IMPLANT
- 2 April in Bangkok, again!
- 3 3 1/2 week trip to Japan advise please!
- 4 driver&business assitant&guide in Shanghai
- 5 Karen and Tom - a romantic Vietnam getaway: ENGAGED!!!
- 6 Getting down to details and welcome advice: Tokyo
- 7 Haneda to Narita Layover : Need advice
- 8 Japan night bus
- 9 Recs for Tokyo hotels
- 10 Living in Singapore Questions
- 11 Thailand - Koh Samui vs Koh Tao
- 12 Hua Hin or another family friendly beach?
- 13 Bangkok, Luang Prabang, Luang Say, Chiang Rai, Singapore (but no Siem Reap)
- 14 Help..Want to hire a guide/driver for Golden Triangle
- 15 12 day split between Beijing and Shanghai
- 16 Please help me plan 3.5 weeks in South Korea
- 17 Problems at 12,000'
- 18 GOING TO SE ASIA , NEED HELP
- 19 Sixteen Day in South Korea
- 20 osaka to kobe frrom ship to ship
- 21 Spring trip to Tokyo and Kyoto -10 days
- 22 Best Time of Year to Visit Ko Samui/Krabi (Weather)
- 23 Which Putu in Bali????
- 24 Biting the India bullet...well, maybe...
- 25 Japan, japan