Thanks to the advice, my mom (63) and I (35) have worked out the following plans for travel in Jan/Feb. Our focus is on cooking and time together while taking in sights. Can you tell me what you think?
Day 1 - Fly JFK-BKK Premium Econ on Thai Airways
Day 2 - Arrive BKK 4.45, go to Peninsula Hotel, relax, deal with jet lag - where to eat dinner? Massage?
Day 3- Half day tour with Tong in BKK (I have special interest in food, spice markets, etc). 1/2 day exploring on our own, maybe spa? Where to go aside from FACE?
Day 4 - Full day with Tong - floating market, secret place.. I probably don't need to see the tigers. But what else? Where to have dinner on our return?
Day 5 - 1/2 day cooking at Bai Pai, 1/2 day explore on our own
Day 6 - Leave for Chaing Mai on 11ish flight (is does take a long time to get from hotels to airport, right?). Arrive CM and go to Four Seasons (regular one, not tented camp). Relax, possibly go for dinner on CM. When is the night market there? I know it's 45 min, from Four Seasons...
Day 7 - Four Seasons cooking classes. Dinner in Chaing Mai or at hotel?
Day 8 - Leave Four Seasons, check in at Baan Orapin. Do full day cooking class with A Lot of Thai.
Day 9 - Full day Tour with Srgt. Kai - but where? Want to see Elephants, open to other suggestins - hills? Sleep at Baan Orapin.
Day 10 - Fly from CM to BKK, back to Peninsula for last hurrah, last exploration
Day 11 - Leave for home on 1pm flight from BKK - JFK (then fly from JFK home)
Thoughts? Suggestions? Things to consider? I really appreciate your time and thoughts...
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 다놀자 ▣☆접 속 : pts14.컴 ▣☆
- 2 무료바다이야기게임 ◐ 도메인 :【＂P T S 2 9.컴＂】
- 3 CNX late arrival?
- 4 currency conversion
- 5 The Mystic East - a tale of hot food, hot weather, airmiles and imodium.
- 6 50th Anniversary trip
- 7 First time in India and Nepal-HELP
- 8 US Citizen Vietnam Visa Help!
- 9 Help - India take 2
- 10 Trip Report: Pandaw’s cruise down the Mekong from China to Laos
- 11 Vietnam - Sa Pa
- 12 Chiang Mai hotel with sweet attentive staff
- 13 The truth about elephant tourism
- 14 Help w/Andaman Sea Itinerary
- 15 Do I need the rabies jab for bali?
- 16 20 things to think about when interacting with animals in Thailand
- 17 Article on assistance for US citizens with difficulties abroad
- 18 Advice for treks/Peak climbing in ladakh end of June
- 19 is this a good travel plan?
- 20 6 nights / 5 days Japan itinerary
- 21 Phenom Penh
- 22 Vientiane Private Tour Guide suggestions?
- 23 Airport taxis in Bangkok
- 24 K2 Base Camp- Concordia Gondogoro La Trek, Unforgettable Experience
- 25 One day in Saigon
Mom and Daughter 1st Time in Thailand - please review Itin.!