Thanks to the advice, my mom (63) and I (35) have worked out the following plans for travel in Jan/Feb. Our focus is on cooking and time together while taking in sights. Can you tell me what you think?
Day 1 - Fly JFK-BKK Premium Econ on Thai Airways
Day 2 - Arrive BKK 4.45, go to Peninsula Hotel, relax, deal with jet lag - where to eat dinner? Massage?
Day 3- Half day tour with Tong in BKK (I have special interest in food, spice markets, etc). 1/2 day exploring on our own, maybe spa? Where to go aside from FACE?
Day 4 - Full day with Tong - floating market, secret place.. I probably don't need to see the tigers. But what else? Where to have dinner on our return?
Day 5 - 1/2 day cooking at Bai Pai, 1/2 day explore on our own
Day 6 - Leave for Chaing Mai on 11ish flight (is does take a long time to get from hotels to airport, right?). Arrive CM and go to Four Seasons (regular one, not tented camp). Relax, possibly go for dinner on CM. When is the night market there? I know it's 45 min, from Four Seasons...
Day 7 - Four Seasons cooking classes. Dinner in Chaing Mai or at hotel?
Day 8 - Leave Four Seasons, check in at Baan Orapin. Do full day cooking class with A Lot of Thai.
Day 9 - Full day Tour with Srgt. Kai - but where? Want to see Elephants, open to other suggestins - hills? Sleep at Baan Orapin.
Day 10 - Fly from CM to BKK, back to Peninsula for last hurrah, last exploration
Day 11 - Leave for home on 1pm flight from BKK - JFK (then fly from JFK home)
Thoughts? Suggestions? Things to consider? I really appreciate your time and thoughts...
Mom and Daughter 1st Time in Thailand - please review Itin.!
- 1 SALAY from BAGAN
- 2 Resorts With Private Cabins Instead Of Hotel Rooms?
- 3 Thailand-Bangkok-Ko Samui-Chang mai in the begining of May
- 4 Bangkok - Silver Shops
- 5 Craig and Jeane's Japan Photos are Up
- 6 Japan: best time to go?
- 7 Craig and Jeane Visit Japan - 2013 Trip Report
- 8 Trip Report Kerala: Backwaters & Beach (DEC 2013)
- 9 Plan On Finally Visiting Japan, Looking For Advice...!
- 10 Bangkok & demonstrations (2013)
- 11 Indian Visa: Experience with BLS International?
- 12 Any recommendations for drivers in Beijing?
- 13 Questions, questions and more questions for first time trip to Asia
- 14 7 Days in Sri Lanka
- 15 Beijing - is the air quality THAT bad?
- 16 Vietnam, From Top to Bottom in January 2014
- 17 Magical India
- 18 Visit To Goa
- 19 Myanmar Tour- Odysseys Unlimited or Asia Transpacific
- 20 Pindaya -to visit or not?
- 21 BLS International - Frustrating Passport Renewal Process
- 22 First time trip to Japan - Fall 2013
- 23 Bangkok-Skytrain Update
- 24 Back from a Trip of a Lifetime! Vietnam, Laos and Cambodia!
- 25 Visa process for those residing in NY/NJ/CT