On another site, one in which a Burmese travel agency provides preparation advice for a Burma trip, it states that mobile phones are NOT allowed in Burma? According to this site, visitors must report if they have one and must leave it with officials at the airport. It will be returned when one leaves the country. The preparation information was from 2011, and I believe it's the first time I've seen it. Does anyone know more about it? Is it accurate? Is the prohibition of mobile phones still in effect?If so, do smart phones fall within this category? I've just asked MM Din at Santa Maria, but may not hear back for a day or two, although he has, in general, been extremely prompt in getting back to me.
mobile phones in Burma
View all Asia activity »
- 1 Vietnam, From Top to Bottom in January 2014
- 2 Any recommendations for drivers in Beijing?
- 3 Trip Report Kerala: Backwaters & Beach (DEC 2013)
- 4 7 Days in Sri Lanka
- 5 Magical India
- 6 Visit To Goa
- 7 Bangkok & demonstrations (2013)
- 8 Indian Visa: Experience with BLS International?
- 9 Bangkok - Silver Shops
- 10 Myanmar Tour- Odysseys Unlimited or Asia Transpacific
- 11 Pindaya -to visit or not?
- 12 BLS International - Frustrating Passport Renewal Process
- 13 First time trip to Japan - Fall 2013
- 14 Questions, questions and more questions for first time trip to Asia
- 15 Bangkok-Skytrain Update
- 16 Back from a Trip of a Lifetime! Vietnam, Laos and Cambodia!
- 17 Visa process for those residing in NY/NJ/CT
- 18 How much would it cost to have dental implants done in India?
- 19 Can I get Kopi Luwak coffee in Bangkok
- 20 India Visa - BLS international. Lost passport FBI complaint
- 21 South East Asia
- 22 India's Online VISA Application
- 23 Planning 1st trip to japan. Ideas?
- 24 Beijing - is the air quality THAT bad?
- 25 Airport - hotel transportation in Thailand