On another site, one in which a Burmese travel agency provides preparation advice for a Burma trip, it states that mobile phones are NOT allowed in Burma? According to this site, visitors must report if they have one and must leave it with officials at the airport. It will be returned when one leaves the country. The preparation information was from 2011, and I believe it's the first time I've seen it. Does anyone know more about it? Is it accurate? Is the prohibition of mobile phones still in effect?If so, do smart phones fall within this category? I've just asked MM Din at Santa Maria, but may not hear back for a day or two, although he has, in general, been extremely prompt in getting back to me.
mobile phones in Burma
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 3 1/2 week trip to Japan advise please!
- 2 Haneda to Narita Layover : Need advice
- 3 Getting down to details and welcome advice: Tokyo
- 4 Japan night bus
- 5 Recs for Tokyo hotels
- 6 Karen and Tom - a romantic Vietnam getaway: ENGAGED!!!
- 7 Living in Singapore Questions
- 8 Thailand - Koh Samui vs Koh Tao
- 9 Hua Hin or another family friendly beach?
- 10 Bangkok, Luang Prabang, Luang Say, Chiang Rai, Singapore (but no Siem Reap)
- 11 April in Bangkok, again!
- 12 Help..Want to hire a guide/driver for Golden Triangle
- 13 12 day split between Beijing and Shanghai
- 14 Please help me plan 3.5 weeks in South Korea
- 15 Problems at 12,000'
- 16 GOING TO SE ASIA , NEED HELP
- 17 Sixteen Day in South Korea
- 18 osaka to kobe frrom ship to ship
- 19 Spring trip to Tokyo and Kyoto -10 days
- 20 Best Time of Year to Visit Ko Samui/Krabi (Weather)
- 21 Which Putu in Bali????
- 22 Biting the India bullet...well, maybe...
- 23 Japan, japan
- 24 Have you stayed at Outrigger Laguna Beach Resort Phuket?
- 25 Flying from place to place in Asia - here's our plan with questions