On another site, one in which a Burmese travel agency provides preparation advice for a Burma trip, it states that mobile phones are NOT allowed in Burma? According to this site, visitors must report if they have one and must leave it with officials at the airport. It will be returned when one leaves the country. The preparation information was from 2011, and I believe it's the first time I've seen it. Does anyone know more about it? Is it accurate? Is the prohibition of mobile phones still in effect?If so, do smart phones fall within this category? I've just asked MM Din at Santa Maria, but may not hear back for a day or two, although he has, in general, been extremely prompt in getting back to me.
mobile phones in Burma
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Visa Arrived..off to India!!!
- 2 Great trip to Myanmar, Bangkok and Hong Kong
- 3 Japan Itinerary for May
- 4 Transport logistics: Kyoto, Hiroshima/Miyajima, Kyushu
- 5 Staying in Hong Kong but want to visit Shenzen
- 6 Purchasing a Nozomi train ticket - Tokyo to Kyoto
- 7 South Korea 5 days
- 8 Myanmar (Burma) Trip Report
- 9 Thai island escape
- 10 Travels in Tumultuous Thailand, languid Luang Prabang & Smiling Siem Reap
- 11 Plans changed: 3 weeks two festivals
- 12 Please share the things you liked in Hanoi and Hoi An
- 13 Bout Phi Phi to Phuket
- 14 Phuket Hotel
- 15 General question
- 16 First timer trying to prepare for trip of a lifetime: BURMA
- 17 Questions on Places to See in Burma
- 18 Glovers 2 month India adventure has begun!
- 19 Jaipur--Jas Vilas or Royal Heritge Haveli ?
- 20 Shanghai, reasonable hotel near the Bund and public transport
- 21 What are good things to buy while in Shanghai China
- 22 Trip Report Kerala: Backwaters & Beach (DEC 2013)
- 23 Delving into Kyushu, plus Osaka, Kyoto, Kurashiki, and Tokyo
- 24 30 Days first time in India
- 25 Buy Japan Rail pass or not?