I hope I don't get busted by the moderators for posting a general topic on the Asia board, but since 1) I travel almost exclusively to Asia, and 2) there are so many smart posters here, I thought I would give it a go.
Anyway, I fess up. I have never bought trip insurance, mainly because our family always travels on mileage awards, and generally, we stay at hotels with refundable deposits. However, I feel that I am pushing my luck with the medical gap between our family policy (US), and any emergencies that may occur. I called our health insurer, and I got a vague answer about helicopters and such being covered, but there is no provision for me flying home earlier than expected.
So my question to you, is: What kind of medical coverage does travel insurance cover that a US health insurance policy does not? Is it possible to get only medical coverage, and not coverage for flights and hotels?
Thanks a bunch. I am headed to Poland and Romania in September, which is my first trip out of Asia in ages. I need coverage in case I get trampled by sheep in Romania.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Creative: HP Tec*h SUPP0RT CONTACT ☎ 1:888:482 :3831 Printer HP 24*7
- 2 Mount Koya
- 3 Idiotic time zone question
- 4 Japan travel during Obon 2017
- 5 Please critique my revised itinerary- July 2017
- 6 Twin rooms in Japan
- 7 My Japan Travels - Follow-along with me
- 8 Ending another Asia trip in seattle
- 9 trying to fathom Chinese train travel
- 10 Sometahing is wrong
- 11 Googling to going...to Gujarat!
- 12 sri lanka- tips required
- 13 base bangkok or manilla
- 14 Christmas in the Alps
- 15 Change my Itinerary?
- 16 New Vietnam eVisa service
- 17 6 weeks in Nepal, Bhutan, Borneo and more...
- 18 Palawan / Marshall Law... should we be concerned?
- 19 4 weeks trip to South East Asia
- 20 Central Asia: Itinerary Advice
- 21 Where to from Tokyo?!
- 22 Impressions of India
- 23 Sri Lanka Association looking for volunteer
- 24 India - remnants of the British Raj
- 25 Hanoi, Vietnam 1 week