I hope I don't get busted by the moderators for posting a general topic on the Asia board, but since 1) I travel almost exclusively to Asia, and 2) there are so many smart posters here, I thought I would give it a go.
Anyway, I fess up. I have never bought trip insurance, mainly because our family always travels on mileage awards, and generally, we stay at hotels with refundable deposits. However, I feel that I am pushing my luck with the medical gap between our family policy (US), and any emergencies that may occur. I called our health insurer, and I got a vague answer about helicopters and such being covered, but there is no provision for me flying home earlier than expected.
So my question to you, is: What kind of medical coverage does travel insurance cover that a US health insurance policy does not? Is it possible to get only medical coverage, and not coverage for flights and hotels?
Thanks a bunch. I am headed to Poland and Romania in September, which is my first trip out of Asia in ages. I need coverage in case I get trampled by sheep in Romania.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 카지노 딜러 수입## Live119 . n e t ##
- 2 Japan - costs
- 3 Japan for Foodies
- 4 Lava Tour Merapi Yogyakarta Report
- 5 Last Minute Bali Honeymoon
- 6 Planning Honeymoon to Thailand
- 7 3 week SE Asia itinerary
- 8 14 days Japan itinerary. First timers.
- 9 Can buy a JR Pass in Japan
- 10 Japan Rail Pass
- 11 First Time to Japan..Itin Advice Needed
- 12 south east asia 3 weeks in june
- 13 Japan Cherry Blossom 2018
- 14 Sri Lanka May
- 15 20 days Itinerary Help!
- 16 Japan - 2 itineraries (7days)
- 17 Japan rough itinerary
- 18 Laos planning.
- 19 Hokkaido and northern Honshu itinerary advice
- 20 Japan's Kyushu: Takachiho Gorge - Travel Report
- 21 Kamogawa Odori/Aoi Matsuri
- 22 One night in Osaka
- 23 David's Abbreviated Trip Report-Japan, Part 2-Sakura 2017
- 24 Taipei Art Scene - Travel Report
- 25 Advice itinerary trip Thailand/Laos in July