My husband and I are heading to Japan for the first time in October (yay). We're thinking of taking a trip to Maze for a night at Maruhachi Ryokan.
Have any of you heard anything about Maruhachi or stayed there?
They don't have a website. We made our decision to go on slightly scanty information - a few articles (This one: http://www.sharing-plates.com/2013/12/one-night-in-a-mountain-ryokan-in-maze-japan/
in particular by Rebecca Milner who also writes for Lonely Planet & seems to have good ideas), and a (very) few mentions we'd found online.
Something about it is just really appealing to us, but our trip isn't that long & I'd like to be sure we're not planning around bad information. Going on a feeling and a nice article could be fine, but if anyone has been there or has insight we'd love to hear it!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Japan Itinerary!
- 2 India itinerary critique please
- 3 Cancelling trip to Burma; seeking advice for outskirts of Bangkok
- 4 A short trip report of Vietnam, Dec 2016
- 5 Feedback on Kyushu itinerary
- 6 cross from Ketapang in Java to Gilimanuk in Bali
- 7 India for Softies : A slow comfortable tour around some of Northern India
- 8 Magical India
- 9 Best location for snorkelling/ beach/ quiet resort/ great Thai food
- 10 Need for promethium sprayed mosquito nets for SEAsia travel
- 11 Vientiane and ??
- 12 JFK to BKK sale on Qatar
- 13 Possible itinerary - 4 days in Georgia
- 14 16 days in Japan--how to divide time?
- 15 Wild China vs Travel Guide China (or the like)
- 16 Himachal Pradesh
- 17 Luggage size China ?
- 18 New Vietnam eVisa service
- 19 Thai Elephants
- 20 Is it safe to travel Hong Kong in Oct?
- 21 Myanmar in Five days - Advice please!
- 22 Sri Lanka in August
- 23 Self-drive in Thailand?
- 24 Japan/Korea/HK
- 25 Need Honeymoon Ideas - Southeast Asia