My husband and I are heading to Japan for the first time in October (yay). We're thinking of taking a trip to Maze for a night at Maruhachi Ryokan.
Have any of you heard anything about Maruhachi or stayed there?
They don't have a website. We made our decision to go on slightly scanty information - a few articles (This one: http://www.sharing-plates.com/2013/12/one-night-in-a-mountain-ryokan-in-maze-japan/
in particular by Rebecca Milner who also writes for Lonely Planet & seems to have good ideas), and a (very) few mentions we'd found online.
Something about it is just really appealing to us, but our trip isn't that long & I'd like to be sure we're not planning around bad information. Going on a feeling and a nice article could be fine, but if anyone has been there or has insight we'd love to hear it!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Travel Help!! Thailand - Ko Tao, Koh Samui or Ko Pha Ngan
- 2 Vietnam: Itinerary for 15 days in September
- 3 Safety concerns for solo female traveler in SE Asia and itinerary feedback
- 4 Japan Questions - shots, shoulders and shorts
- 5 Sudden holiday to Japan
- 6 Start in Tokyo or Kyoto?
- 7 Renting 4G Wi-Fi Device in Korea
- 8 Japan in December - yay or nay?
- 9 Japan Itinerary Help Needed
- 10 Hong Kong
- 11 Bangkok- Dinner Cruises
- 12 Sweltering in Saigon.
- 13 Bangkok- Sky Bars
- 14 Beijing Architecture and Art District - Travel Report
- 15 Something about... Malaysia
- 16 Kyoto Temples and Imperial Palace - Travel Report
- 17 Budget Servied Apt
- 18 Terracotta Warriors
- 19 Japan Cherry Blossom 2018
- 20 Destinations like Ubud or Seminyak in Bali?
- 21 hiking japan sept
- 22 Trip Report: Second Time to Japan - Sakura, Gardens and Castles
- 23 Japan - itinerary help needed!
- 24 The best way to My Son
- 25 Japan Itinerary!