My husband and I are heading to Japan for the first time in October (yay). We're thinking of taking a trip to Maze for a night at Maruhachi Ryokan.
Have any of you heard anything about Maruhachi or stayed there?
They don't have a website. We made our decision to go on slightly scanty information - a few articles (This one: http://www.sharing-plates.com/2013/12/one-night-in-a-mountain-ryokan-in-maze-japan/
in particular by Rebecca Milner who also writes for Lonely Planet & seems to have good ideas), and a (very) few mentions we'd found online.
Something about it is just really appealing to us, but our trip isn't that long & I'd like to be sure we're not planning around bad information. Going on a feeling and a nice article could be fine, but if anyone has been there or has insight we'd love to hear it!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Need ideas for 9 nights end of Feb. in Malaysia or Indonesia
- 2 Kuala Lumpur Advice - Tour Recommendation
- 3 Please Critique My Itinerary
- 4 Taiwan confusion..
- 5 Tokyo daytrip
- 6 Elephant Hills or Elephant Haven in Thailand?
- 7 Namaste India - Shopping/Money
- 8 Does it make sense to stay at 2 Tokyo hotels?
- 9 Help with itinerary for 11 days
- 10 Looking for Ryokan in Hakone
- 11 Laos- two weeks in January
- 12 Japan (Tokyo) trip- April or May least expensive to travel?
- 13 Need help with Sri Lanka itinerary and hotels
- 14 Ryokan in Hakone - best location?
- 15 Visa for India
- 16 Snapshots From Kerala
- 17 Planning First Family Trip to Japan - Advice Needed!
- 18 Other than Kyoto?
- 19 Japan itinerary advice
- 20 Quickie Kathmandu visit worthwhile?
- 21 First time in Japan - itinerary feedback
- 22 Trip Report : China
- 23 help with trip itinerary in April/May
- 24 Japan GTG, early April
- 25 Upcoming friendly planet trip best of India and nepql