My husband and I are considering taking a trip -- about two weeks in length -- to Singapore and Malaysia in mid-February. I've been doing a bunch of research for the trip, and am now completely overwhelmed by the variety of possible destinations and itineraries! I'd be most greatful for your advice.
Here's what we're interested in: we're foodies who like cities and urban life, nature, hiking, biking, visiting ruins and experiencing local culture. We're not beach people; I mean, we like beach-y places, as long as there's more to do than just sit around and drink. We don't dive or snorkel. I am particularly fond of monkeys and elephants.
At the time of the trip, we'll have completed about 9 months of our 2 year assignment with the US gov't in Afghanistan. We're restricted to living/eating/spending leisure time on the Embassy compound in Kabul; we're already suffering from some serious cabin fever and restaurant withdrawal! So we want to use our vacation to get in some city time (food, shopping, civilization), and some nature time (green places, animals, a chance to stretch our legs).
Thanks in advance for your help!
Malaysia/Singapore itinerary. Overwhelmed with choices!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Plans for Nepal/Bhutan continued: how does this sound??
- 2 Following Craig & Jeane's lead, I'm heading out. Thailand & Cambodia again.
- 3 Amphawa Floating Market
- 4 Currency in South Korea
- 5 British tourists murdered in Koh Tao
- 6 Hotel suggestions Haeundae beach area Busan
- 7 Krabi island tours
- 8 6 full days in Yagoon
- 9 Some advice on our latest Japan itinerary please?
- 10 A question concerning Sri Lanka's rainfall in Jan.
- 11 13 Hour layover in KL, never visited city before, ideas?
- 12 Myanmar evisa system now working well.
- 13 Malaysian honeymoon
- 14 itinerary sri lanka please help
- 15 Planning First Family Trip to Japan - Advice Needed!
- 16 Myanmar itinerary help
- 17 RHKKMKs---Just to be copy cats
- 18 Thailand and Southeast Asia - Advice for Lone Female
- 19 Japan & Korea - A little of this, a little of that
- 20 Craig and Jeane Depart for Australia and Bali
- 21 Looking for a good travel agent to plan Vietnam Laos and ?? Travel
- 22 Burma? Laos? Cambodia? Vietnam? - I need some help!
- 23 Internal flights in Thailand - buy ASAP or no big deal to wait?
- 24 Phuket/ Krabi Trip
- 25 Mao Lak and Kata/Karon/Surin or Krabi and Kata/Karon/Surin?