My husband and I are considering taking a trip -- about two weeks in length -- to Singapore and Malaysia in mid-February. I've been doing a bunch of research for the trip, and am now completely overwhelmed by the variety of possible destinations and itineraries! I'd be most greatful for your advice.
Here's what we're interested in: we're foodies who like cities and urban life, nature, hiking, biking, visiting ruins and experiencing local culture. We're not beach people; I mean, we like beach-y places, as long as there's more to do than just sit around and drink. We don't dive or snorkel. I am particularly fond of monkeys and elephants.
At the time of the trip, we'll have completed about 9 months of our 2 year assignment with the US gov't in Afghanistan. We're restricted to living/eating/spending leisure time on the Embassy compound in Kabul; we're already suffering from some serious cabin fever and restaurant withdrawal! So we want to use our vacation to get in some city time (food, shopping, civilization), and some nature time (green places, animals, a chance to stretch our legs).
Thanks in advance for your help!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Japan Itinerary!
- 2 cross from Ketapang in Java to Gilimanuk in Bali
- 3 Wild China vs Travel Guide China (or the like)
- 4 Himachal Pradesh
- 5 Luggage size China ?
- 6 New Vietnam eVisa service
- 7 Possible itinerary - 4 days in Georgia
- 8 Thai Elephants
- 9 Need for promethium sprayed mosquito nets for SEAsia travel
- 10 Best location for snorkelling/ beach/ quiet resort/ great Thai food
- 11 Cancelling trip to Burma; seeking advice for outskirts of Bangkok
- 12 Is it safe to travel Hong Kong in Oct?
- 13 Myanmar in Five days - Advice please!
- 14 Sri Lanka in August
- 15 Self-drive in Thailand?
- 16 India itinerary critique please
- 17 Japan/Korea/HK
- 18 Need Honeymoon Ideas - Southeast Asia
- 19 Vientiane and ??
- 20 12 days in Vietnam Jan/Feb
- 21 Bangkok in 3 days - Weekdays
- 22 JFK to BKK sale on Qatar
- 23 Impressions of India
- 24 Solo female traveller Mumbai, safe?
- 25 sri lanka two places, two hotels