My husband and I are considering taking a trip -- about two weeks in length -- to Singapore and Malaysia in mid-February. I've been doing a bunch of research for the trip, and am now completely overwhelmed by the variety of possible destinations and itineraries! I'd be most greatful for your advice.
Here's what we're interested in: we're foodies who like cities and urban life, nature, hiking, biking, visiting ruins and experiencing local culture. We're not beach people; I mean, we like beach-y places, as long as there's more to do than just sit around and drink. We don't dive or snorkel. I am particularly fond of monkeys and elephants.
At the time of the trip, we'll have completed about 9 months of our 2 year assignment with the US gov't in Afghanistan. We're restricted to living/eating/spending leisure time on the Embassy compound in Kabul; we're already suffering from some serious cabin fever and restaurant withdrawal! So we want to use our vacation to get in some city time (food, shopping, civilization), and some nature time (green places, animals, a chance to stretch our legs).
Thanks in advance for your help!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Last Minute Bali Honeymoon
- 2 Laos planning.
- 3 Impressions of India
- 4 14 days Japan itinerary. First timers.
- 5 Bye bye SE Asia
- 6 Japan - costs
- 7 Japan for Foodies
- 8 Planning Honeymoon to Thailand
- 9 3 week SE Asia itinerary
- 10 Can buy a JR Pass in Japan
- 11 Japan Rail Pass
- 12 First Time to Japan..Itin Advice Needed
- 13 south east asia 3 weeks in june
- 14 Japan Cherry Blossom 2018
- 15 Sri Lanka May
- 16 20 days Itinerary Help!
- 17 Japan - 2 itineraries (7days)
- 18 Japan rough itinerary
- 19 Hokkaido and northern Honshu itinerary advice
- 20 Japan's Kyushu: Takachiho Gorge - Travel Report
- 21 Kamogawa Odori/Aoi Matsuri
- 22 One night in Osaka
- 23 David's Abbreviated Trip Report-Japan, Part 2-Sakura 2017
- 24 Taipei Art Scene - Travel Report
- 25 Advice itinerary trip Thailand/Laos in July