My husband and I are considering taking a trip -- about two weeks in length -- to Singapore and Malaysia in mid-February. I've been doing a bunch of research for the trip, and am now completely overwhelmed by the variety of possible destinations and itineraries! I'd be most greatful for your advice.
Here's what we're interested in: we're foodies who like cities and urban life, nature, hiking, biking, visiting ruins and experiencing local culture. We're not beach people; I mean, we like beach-y places, as long as there's more to do than just sit around and drink. We don't dive or snorkel. I am particularly fond of monkeys and elephants.
At the time of the trip, we'll have completed about 9 months of our 2 year assignment with the US gov't in Afghanistan. We're restricted to living/eating/spending leisure time on the Embassy compound in Kabul; we're already suffering from some serious cabin fever and restaurant withdrawal! So we want to use our vacation to get in some city time (food, shopping, civilization), and some nature time (green places, animals, a chance to stretch our legs).
Thanks in advance for your help!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 BKK Street Food Disappearing per BBC
- 2 AirAsia from DMK (vs. other airlines from BKK) to Siem Reap
- 3 My plans 5 days japan 1 korea
- 4 Earthquake in Myanmar
- 5 Questions on Details for 23 Days in Japan
- 6 Have you stayed at Dormy Inn Expres s Asakusa ?
- 7 Kyoto to Tokyo on December 31?
- 8 Hakone and Mt Fuji
- 9 Ferrari Hire Bangkok
- 10 A great trip in India
- 11 Back to Bangkok this month!
- 12 Burma in Jan, weather questions.
- 13 Onsen ryokan for single near Tokyo
- 14 Rangoon and Lake Inle, how many days?
- 15 Bhutan with Aman hotels, worth it?
- 16 Nai Thon beach Thailand
- 17 A new opportunity to interact with elephants in Thailand
- 18 Sulawesi
- 19 Koh Lanra + Bangkok or Siem Reap?
- 20 Direct flight from JFK/Newark to Tokyo
- 21 Day Trip in Bohol - Travel Report
- 22 Family Japan Trip August 2016
- 23 Pearls in Beijing and MORE!
- 24 Ayutthaya & Bangkok - Travel Report
- 25 Bali in March for 5 nights?