My husband and I are considering taking a trip -- about two weeks in length -- to Singapore and Malaysia in mid-February. I've been doing a bunch of research for the trip, and am now completely overwhelmed by the variety of possible destinations and itineraries! I'd be most greatful for your advice.
Here's what we're interested in: we're foodies who like cities and urban life, nature, hiking, biking, visiting ruins and experiencing local culture. We're not beach people; I mean, we like beach-y places, as long as there's more to do than just sit around and drink. We don't dive or snorkel. I am particularly fond of monkeys and elephants.
At the time of the trip, we'll have completed about 9 months of our 2 year assignment with the US gov't in Afghanistan. We're restricted to living/eating/spending leisure time on the Embassy compound in Kabul; we're already suffering from some serious cabin fever and restaurant withdrawal! So we want to use our vacation to get in some city time (food, shopping, civilization), and some nature time (green places, animals, a chance to stretch our legs).
Thanks in advance for your help!
Malaysia/Singapore itinerary. Overwhelmed with choices!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 1st time Japan - solo female
- 2 Myanmar Trip Report: Is It "Too Late" To Go?
- 3 Myanmar - A Visit to a Country in Transition
- 4 Travels in Tumultuous Thailand, languid Luang Prabang & Smiling Siem Reap
- 5 Need your Expertise with my Japanese........Itinerary!
- 6 Itinerary set: Now some logistical questions on first time trip to Japan
- 7 From Singapore to NZ: A Remarkable Safari Through Time and Across Cultures
- 8 looking for a great hotel in K.L./ Lost camera!!!!!!!
- 9 3 weeks in Japan- Finalized... I think
- 10 Great trip to Myanmar, Bangkok and Hong Kong
- 11 1 week in North and Central Vietnam in February
- 12 Guide/Driver for Mumbai,
- 13 Jaipur--Jas Vilas or Royal Heritge Haveli ?
- 14 Indian Visa: Experience with BLS International?
- 15 Travelling to Thailand from U.S. this June/July
- 16 First timer trying to prepare for trip of a lifetime: BURMA
- 17 How to get to Koh Ngai?
- 18 Glovers 2 month India adventure has begun!
- 19 Japan Itinerary for May
- 20 Thai island escape
- 21 Planning 19 days in Indonesia- need help
- 22 Indonesia/Java/Sulawesi Travel Advice needed
- 23 Halong Bay Tour - Is there another day tour you recommend instead?
- 24 What are good things to buy while in Shanghai China
- 25 Visa Arrived..off to India!!!