I am planning on doing about 2 weeks in malaysian Borneo. I am doing a 4 day/3 night sipadan dive package and was wondering what to do with the rest of my time. I think I have ruled out the danum valley because it is too expensive. I would love something with a good jungle trek and overnight camp in the jungle if anyone knows of anything like that. Also, I am thinking about doing either tabin wildlife reserve or the kinabatangan wildlife sanctuary can anyone recommend which one is better?
I'm thinking my itinerary will look something like this:
1) Do my 4 day/ 3night sipdan dive with scuba junkies
2) stay an extra day to relax and enjoy
3) Travel from Semporna to either Tabin wildlife reserve or kinabatangan wildlife scantuary?
4) spend 2 -3 day at one of these places
5) Continue to Sandakan and do the Rainforest discovery center, Orangutan Rehabilatation centre and sun bear conservation centre (4 days) thinking of doing uncle tan's tour
6) fly to KK (also is there anything fun to do in KK that I could do?)
7) fly out of borneo
Please comment and let me know if this sounds good or if there are better things that I could be doing with my time.
Malaysian Borneo itinerary
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 China's Direct Visa - Yet Another Vexation!
- 2 Some Final Thoughts on a Trip to SE Asia
- 3 Myanmar - some questions
- 4 India: A dream trip meets reality for me
- 5 July itinerary in Japan
- 6 NYT Article on Myanmar
- 7 Kelly Speca is very much interested to visit India this season.
- 8 Christmas in Kerala? Birthday in Goa?
- 9 Transit Hanoi Airport again? Long time transit? Somewhere to sleep?
- 10 Vietnam Family Travel Plans
- 11 At the very beginning stages of planning a trip to Shanghai and Beijing
- 12 There and back again: a conflicted (and reimagined) India Trip Report
- 13 tips and ideas for 10 days in Sri Lanka, train travel, beach options
- 14 Chiang Mai - Sightseeing
- 15 Is Boutique Sri Lanka out of business?
- 16 Vietnam Itinerary - should I drop anything as too much
- 17 Lcuy's 2015 Jaunt to Japan; Kyushu w/ Fukuoka, Kumamoto & Kurokawa Onsen
- 18 Planning Japan Trip #2
- 19 60+ travelers to Vietnam, package tour or day tours?
- 20 Phuket and surrounding areas
- 21 Anything in Hanoi apart from the Old Quarter
- 22 hokkaido outskirts
- 23 Back from a Trip of a Lifetime! Vietnam, Laos and Cambodia!
- 24 HKIA taxi with 3 people plus luggage?
- 25 India and Nepal 2014