I am planning on doing about 2 weeks in malaysian Borneo. I am doing a 4 day/3 night sipadan dive package and was wondering what to do with the rest of my time. I think I have ruled out the danum valley because it is too expensive. I would love something with a good jungle trek and overnight camp in the jungle if anyone knows of anything like that. Also, I am thinking about doing either tabin wildlife reserve or the kinabatangan wildlife sanctuary can anyone recommend which one is better?
I'm thinking my itinerary will look something like this:
1) Do my 4 day/ 3night sipdan dive with scuba junkies
2) stay an extra day to relax and enjoy
3) Travel from Semporna to either Tabin wildlife reserve or kinabatangan wildlife scantuary?
4) spend 2 -3 day at one of these places
5) Continue to Sandakan and do the Rainforest discovery center, Orangutan Rehabilatation centre and sun bear conservation centre (4 days) thinking of doing uncle tan's tour
6) fly to KK (also is there anything fun to do in KK that I could do?)
7) fly out of borneo
Please comment and let me know if this sounds good or if there are better things that I could be doing with my time.
Malaysian Borneo itinerary
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Hanoi driver wanted
- 2 Your favorites in south India & places you'd probably not recommend
- 3 Southern India itinerary help needed
- 4 vietnam and laos
- 5 Buying loose sapphires in Sri Lanka
- 6 narrow down destinations, Japan 2 weeks in April
- 7 2nd location on the beach
- 8 Help: 24 hours to change decision for award flight BKK-SFO
- 9 Safe to buy Sapphires in Sri Lanka
- 10 Thailand - Food recos
- 11 A Thailand holiday vacation 9 years in a row!
- 12 Seoul - Cuckoo rice cooker
- 13 First Time Solo Trip To Thailand Itinerary
- 14 Laos for the backpacker
- 15 The best way (or place) to see Mt. Fuji while staying in Tokyo
- 16 Single parent traveling to Thailand with a 4-yo son
- 17 Amazing Samurai Armor Exhibition
- 18 Thailand Hotel
- 19 Which Section of Great Wall? And add visit to Ming Tombs?
- 20 Best country to visit 1st time in Southeast Asia
- 21 Honeymoon in Thailand
- 22 One Week in Asia, First Time Trip to Asia
- 23 Can you HELP with figuring out United Miles and how to get them SF-Bangkok?
- 24 Bangkok: Shangri-La, Penninsula, Mandarin Oriental
- 25 Elephants in Northern Thailand