I am planning on doing about 2 weeks in malaysian Borneo. I am doing a 4 day/3 night sipadan dive package and was wondering what to do with the rest of my time. I think I have ruled out the danum valley because it is too expensive. I would love something with a good jungle trek and overnight camp in the jungle if anyone knows of anything like that. Also, I am thinking about doing either tabin wildlife reserve or the kinabatangan wildlife sanctuary can anyone recommend which one is better?
I'm thinking my itinerary will look something like this:
1) Do my 4 day/ 3night sipdan dive with scuba junkies
2) stay an extra day to relax and enjoy
3) Travel from Semporna to either Tabin wildlife reserve or kinabatangan wildlife scantuary?
4) spend 2 -3 day at one of these places
5) Continue to Sandakan and do the Rainforest discovery center, Orangutan Rehabilatation centre and sun bear conservation centre (4 days) thinking of doing uncle tan's tour
6) fly to KK (also is there anything fun to do in KK that I could do?)
7) fly out of borneo
Please comment and let me know if this sounds good or if there are better things that I could be doing with my time.
Malaysian Borneo itinerary
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 2 Weeks Thailand Honeymoon
- 2 Hong Kong Winter Weather
- 3 Mae Hong Son Loop in three days? Or four?
- 4 My SEA trip : 2 months
- 5 Hotel suggestions Haeundae beach area Busan
- 6 Trying To Decide Between These 2 Hotels In Singapore
- 7 Need help with Myanmar itinerary
- 8 RHKKMKs---Just to be copy cats
- 9 rkkwan's Nepal trip Sept 2014 - Kathmandu, Pokhara, Poon Hill Trek
- 10 Craig and Jeane Depart for Australia and Bali
- 11 Bali and Java - 24 September to 23 October 2014
- 12 Hotels reasonable priced near the Four Seasons
- 13 beaches in Thailand
- 14 Krabi island tours
- 15 Anatara Riverside Bangkok
- 16 Hong Kong Island Hotels - Far From Central
- 17 Travelling with 3 yr old; please comment on 10 day itinerary
- 18 Ryoken recommendation pls either in Tokyo;Hiroshima;Kyoto?
- 19 A little help with my Burma plan..
- 20 Travel & leisure reports Burma as one of most dangerous countries to visit
- 21 Staying 3 nights in Jaisalmer, what attractions we should see
- 22 3 1/2 weeks in Japan. Do I need dinner reservations anywhere?
- 23 Planning First Family Trip to Japan - Advice Needed!
- 24 Kyushu rail pass
- 25 6 full days in Yagoon