I am wanting to go backpacking for 5 weeks but I'm a little concerned with the weather.
Forgive me for asking such a simple question but for those that have been there in November will it rain all the time(like for a whole day)or are we talking about afternoon and evening downpours?
I've done a fair amount of research and fully understand the monsoon seasons and the effect they have on each side of Malaysia at the various times of the year but I'm still a bit unclear as to whether this is going to be a wash out and asking for trouble before I even get there. I know I can expect rain(heavy at that)as the climate is that way all year round which is not an issue to me(I actually love an excuse to sit and watch a good thunderstorm) but I would not want to spend 5 weeks under grey skies either.
I realise nobody can predict the weather but I don't want to write off planning a potentially good trip either. A few grey days I can handle, sun and storms perfect for me but if the likelihood is it will be dull and rainy generally(albeit very warm and humid) I'm wondering if I should pick somewhere else, reluctantly.
Unfortunately I can only go at this time of the year so I can't change my dates much even if I could. I did Thailand, Laos and Cambodia last year similar time so I don't want to duplicate my last trip so soon. Even though the weather there was perfect!
Concluding the East coast and Borneo are just asking for trouble in terms of rainfall(although I would quite happily fly internally and check it out all the same if the forecast looked favourable whilst on the ground in the country) and West is best this time of year for sun. So would a route kicking off in KL, heading to Penang then run along the West Coast and to a certain degree inland heading to Singapore then over into Indonesia be a reasonable rough idea for a route at this time of year?
Much appreciate any advice anyone can give.
Malaysia & Indonesia in November?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Thailand - a few more details: phones, and driving map
- 2 Bagan Entry Fee to Rise by One-Third
- 3 RHKKMKs---Just to be copy cats
- 4 Bangkok's JW vs. Marriott Resort and Spa
- 5 Need a guide in Burma?
- 6 What to pack? For Burma and Thailand
- 7 Bangkok/Phuket hotel and suggestions to do?
- 8 Yikes! How to get a Visa to India??
- 9 Japan and Hong Kong, September 2014
- 10 Angkor Wat tour guide recommedations
- 11 We recommend our Seoul serviced apartment
- 12 Crossing Myanmar with own car (Thailand -> India) in Aug or Sep 2014
- 13 Vietnam Part 7 - the Final Leg
- 14 End Oct & early Nov a good time for viewing wildlife in Borneo?
- 15 One Week in Beijing, what would you do?
- 16 Help with Myanmar Itinerary 15 nights
- 17 How safe is it for US Citizens in Hat Yai and Violence in Southern Thailand
- 18 Thailand - what to wear in November, and, cosmetics
- 19 Xian - Make your own warriors?
- 20 Kyoto and beyond - 9 days trip in April 2014
- 21 Japan & Korea - A little of this, a little of that
- 22 Vietnam Visa on Arrival - Help
- 23 Overnight trek to Mine Thauk Village?
- 24 Elephants and Tigers (no bears), oh my.
- 25 Belated 2012 Trip Report - Two Weeks in South Korea