I am wanting to go backpacking for 5 weeks but I'm a little concerned with the weather.
Forgive me for asking such a simple question but for those that have been there in November will it rain all the time(like for a whole day)or are we talking about afternoon and evening downpours?
I've done a fair amount of research and fully understand the monsoon seasons and the effect they have on each side of Malaysia at the various times of the year but I'm still a bit unclear as to whether this is going to be a wash out and asking for trouble before I even get there. I know I can expect rain(heavy at that)as the climate is that way all year round which is not an issue to me(I actually love an excuse to sit and watch a good thunderstorm) but I would not want to spend 5 weeks under grey skies either.
I realise nobody can predict the weather but I don't want to write off planning a potentially good trip either. A few grey days I can handle, sun and storms perfect for me but if the likelihood is it will be dull and rainy generally(albeit very warm and humid) I'm wondering if I should pick somewhere else, reluctantly.
Unfortunately I can only go at this time of the year so I can't change my dates much even if I could. I did Thailand, Laos and Cambodia last year similar time so I don't want to duplicate my last trip so soon. Even though the weather there was perfect!
Concluding the East coast and Borneo are just asking for trouble in terms of rainfall(although I would quite happily fly internally and check it out all the same if the forecast looked favourable whilst on the ground in the country) and West is best this time of year for sun. So would a route kicking off in KL, heading to Penang then run along the West Coast and to a certain degree inland heading to Singapore then over into Indonesia be a reasonable rough idea for a route at this time of year?
Much appreciate any advice anyone can give.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 sri lanka two places, two hotels
- 2 Best place for a solo traveler to find a travel partner
- 3 Japan Help-Ryokan or no?
- 4 Impressions of India
- 5 Phone calls to UK from Japan
- 6 Bali - 1st Time Visit - Help with Itinerary
- 7 Overland Travel Chiang Mai to Manipur
- 8 How much Yen?
- 9 Tokyo hotel help
- 10 2 nights Phuket - What beach to stay on?
- 11 Any suggestions for travel agents for Taiwan?
- 12 South Korea for Chuseok
- 13 Googling to going...to Gujarat!
- 14 Bhutan... Have You Been
- 15 Getting Yourself Around Beijing
- 16 Bhutan travel operator and number of days
- 17 Bali - What to do?
- 18 India (north-east) + Maldives ititneraty help
- 19 AirAsia ASEAN pass?
- 20 help with s.e.a. trip destination for xmas, family of 4
- 21 travel to Malaysia or Indonesia
- 22 Bangkok transport to Shangri La Hotel
- 23 Private tours in Northern India
- 24 To the Gili Islands - From Ubud or South Bali?
- 25 The ethics of choosing to visit a repressive country like Myanmar